Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Luckymommatoo
Earning My Ears

Oceaneer Lab and Club on Dream for a ten-year-old

Just wondering if anyone's had a boy around this age attend recently. My son will be 11 in two months, and he's a mature ten (and looks much older as well). Classic oldest child. Are there activities that will appeal to him? He REALLY wants to push to get into Edge, but I'm hoping that there will be enough at Lab and Club to keep him occupied. He is not artsy/crafty AT ALL. Thanks!
Luckymommatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymommatoo View Post
Just wondering if anyone's had a boy around this age attend recently. My son will be 11 in two months, and he's a mature ten (and looks much older as well). Classic oldest child. Are there activities that will appeal to him? He REALLY wants to push to get into Edge, but I'm hoping that there will be enough at Lab and Club to keep him occupied. He is not artsy/crafty AT ALL. Thanks!
At 10, he will be in the Club/Lab. If you are trying to convince him to go there, why not just explain the age cut-offs to him and tell him he's not old enough for Edge, yet.

There is a chance that he could attend Edge (ages 11-14), however you have to ask the Edge CMs once you are onboard about this. They will ask that he try the Club/Lab before making the choice to go to Edge (if they will allow it). Generally a child needs to be within one month of turning 11 to "go up" early.

But, as I said, there are other factors that may allow the CMs there to let him go to Edge.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
eeyoreandtink
Mouseketeer

My tom boy 10 year old girl didn't find a lot to interest her in the kids club. She was allowed in the Edge and vastly preferred it.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

My oldest child (also a boy) was 9 on our cruise and loved the kids clubs. He didn't do a lot of the free play options, he preferred to do things like the science activities, scavenger hunts, etc.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
Luckymommatoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
If you are trying to convince him to go there, why not just explain the age cut-offs to him and tell him he's not old enough for Edge, yet.
Ah, I didn't mention -- we are traveling with family, and his closest-in-age cousin JUST turned 11. So perhaps she will be willing to also start at Club and Lab, and then if she decides to go to Edge, hopefully they will let him in, too.
Luckymommatoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: