Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Michele926
Earning My Ears

Are you up to the challange?

I need some help - I am trying to plan a trip for the fall (Oct. or Nov.)- I have a wish list that I would like accomplished. Now I know it purely a guess but I know the Dis boards are my best shot to get some help. I trying to guess the best date to book for 10 days (thinking of the Aoa)....and I'd like the following....

Free dining (most important) poss twds the end of the offer so I can get it the rest of our stay

Nice weather (not too hot)

Not Jersey week

Osborne lights up (at least a couple of the days)

Food & Wine (at least a couple days)

Appreciate any help - Id be on cloud 9....
Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I think you are going to have to decide which is more important-- Food and Wine or the Osborne Lights. It appears that F&W will be until Nov. 10th this year and it looks like Jersey Week is the first week in November (2nd - 10th or 11th) this year. The Osborne lights MAY be available a little before Thanksgiving which is late this year-- the 28th. If you want to skip Jersey Week and only have 10 days to visit then you will have to pick one or the other.

I have not kept up with the Free Dining trends the last few years so you may want to check out the Codes and Rates board for information on that and see what others are predicting. My personal suggestion would be to either go in October (but not over Columbus day weekend) for Food and Wine, or around the 1st of 2nd week of December if you want to see the lights and other Christmas events. But no idea if Free Dining will be an option during either of those times.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
The Osborne lights MAY be available a little before Thanksgiving which is late this year-- the 28th.
Actually, the Osborne lights have started much earlier for at least the last couple years. They started Nov 9th last year and Nov 10th the year before. However, even with a starting date that early, it's not going to be possible to catch both the Osborne lights and F&W without overlapping Jersey Week at least a little. Plus, checking out F&W on the weekend isn't the best idea (and I would imagine it would be particularly bad on the last weekend), so I would think that you're going to have to go during Jersey Week if you want to do F&W and the Osborne lights.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Actually, the Osborne lights have started much earlier for at least the last couple years. They started Nov 9th last year and Nov 10th the year before. However, even with a starting date that early, it's not going to be possible to catch both the Osborne lights and F&W without overlapping Jersey Week at least a little. Plus, checking out F&W on the weekend isn't the best idea (and I would imagine it would be particularly bad on the last weekend), so I would think that you're going to have to go during Jersey Week if you want to do F&W and the Osborne lights.
Thanks for correcting that. I haven't planned a Christmas trip in a few years.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote