Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Garden Grill With A Large Party

My sister's family want a kids meal for their Christmas gift from us. They mentioned Chef Mickey's, because they really want to see Mickey. They also want dinner. This limits me a lot. It's been a long time, since we ate at CM, but I'm in no hurry to return. I remember GG being okay for family style, when we ate there many years ago. We also loved the revolving restaurant & thought the characters took more time with each table than any other character meal we've tried. We haven't returned, because my immediate family doesn't eat family style or buffet meals for dinner, when it's just us. The one time we went it was at the request of other extended family members. Anyway, based our experiences many years ago (which may not mean a lot now), I'd like to sway them toward Garden Grill. They have 12 in their family & we have 4. Can GG accommodate a group of 16? I'd like to at least have the kids sit on the bottom row, if possible. We could offer to split up, if that helps. My family would be fine with sitting wherever, & we could get a few of them to join us. I realize it's a few months before I can make the ADR. If GG can accommodate us, I may need that long to talk it up, & convince them they want to eat there instead.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We have only done the bottom tier and they could not accommodate 16 in one of the booths. We like the character interaction at GG but not really the food. The fun of a group at a character meal would be being together and you would certainly want to take pictures of the kids. I would choose another meal. We have had good luck with Chief Mickey so I would recommend trying it again. The characters there are really great and it is the most fun! We had 8 there one trip but saw huge families as well.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
KlutzyK8
There's no place like WDW!

We recently ate at Garden Grill and we felt squished with a party of five. We had breakfast at Tusker House and it had much more open space and plenty of big tables to accommodate larger groups (we were a party of 10). Mickey was there too.
KlutzyK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Thanks to both of you. It sounds like GG isn't going to work. We really liked TH breakfast, but they are adamant about wanting dinner. CM may be the only choice.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: