Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #1456
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

I'm so enjoying reading your TR! We are about to embark on our second trip as a family to Disney. We were originally planning to stay off property like we did last year but DH just texted me with the most exciting news!!!! He booked us a Villa at Boardwalk instead!!!! This is our first stay in a Disney resort and I am SUPER excited . I was hoping that you might be able to give me some hints as a Concierge. We will be there frkm June 15-22nd and are surprising our kids ages 7 and 5 with this trip. I've made a lot of ADRs already but maybe you can make some suggestions?
JenCin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #1457
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie_k21 View Post
Hey there! Love your TRs and found your Christmas one at the perfect time as I plan out first ever Christmas trip. Just wanted to ask a quick question. What camera did you use for that trip? Your pictures are some of the best I've ever seen! My Nikon doesn't so nearly that well with fireworks and night time. Congrats on the DCP!!! Such a dream come true!
Thank you so much! That trip report has SO much information so I hope it can help with your planning process! I used my Nikon D3100 which is what I use for this trip report as well. I love it! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCin78 View Post
I'm so enjoying reading your TR! We are about to embark on our second trip as a family to Disney. We were originally planning to stay off property like we did last year but DH just texted me with the most exciting news!!!! He booked us a Villa at Boardwalk instead!!!! This is our first stay in a Disney resort and I am SUPER excited . I was hoping that you might be able to give me some hints as a Concierge. We will be there frkm June 15-22nd and are surprising our kids ages 7 and 5 with this trip. I've made a lot of ADRs already but maybe you can make some suggestions?
That is so incredibly exciting! Once you stay with Disney you're not going to want to stay anywhere else! The Boardwalk is SO fun. I would definitely reccomend checking out Cape May Cafe for breakfast (a wonderful character meal!) and/or for dinner! (seafood buffet) That restaurant is right at the Beach Club so it's within walking distance from your resort! What other restaurant reservations do you already have? That way I could make a few more suggestions!
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #1458
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

I loved your pictures of the lions! They are always so far away when we are on the safari. I have a new camera I can't wait to try at WDW in 3 weeks! I got a new point and shoot, I just can't carry around a big camera.
I am an avid pin purchaser but I don't trade. I can't seem to part with any of the ones I have bought! I just spent way too much for a beautiful BOG opening pin on ebay.
We will be at Coronado for one night before our stay at BWV so I hope I will see you!
Are you alternating between concierge and check in now? I think you have a wonderful life! Enjoy every moment!

PS I would love to hear about Mark's time as a "friend of" as well. Is he allowed to share?

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #1459
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
I loved your pictures of the lions! They are always so far away when we are on the safari. I have a new camera I can't wait to try at WDW in 3 weeks! I got a new point and shoot, I just can't carry around a big camera.
I am an avid pin purchaser but I don't trade. I can't seem to part with any of the ones I have bought! I just spent way too much for a beautiful BOG opening pin on ebay.
We will be at Coronado for one night before our stay at BWV so I hope I will see you!
Are you alternating between concierge and check in now? I think you have a wonderful life! Enjoy every moment!

PS I would love to hear about Mark's time as a "friend of" as well. Is he allowed to share?
When is your trip?
And yes! I am mostly at Conceirge but occassionally I do get scheduled at the front desk!
And unfortunately Mark's friends have pretty secret agendas so they cannot share. But if I ever run into any of his friends at the parks I will try and pose for a picture!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #1460
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
When is your trip?
And yes! I am mostly at Conceirge but occassionally I do get scheduled at the front desk!
And unfortunately Mark's friends have pretty secret agendas so they cannot share. But if I ever run into any of his friends at the parks I will try and pose for a picture!
We arrive on the 26th of April. We are driving so will probably get there around dinner time. I hope you are on duty that night or the next morning. We will have dinner and breakfast at Coronado and then over to BW for our first stay in a BW view room. I can't wait! It's almost "I'm too excited to sleep" time!

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1461
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you so much! That trip report has SO much information so I hope it can help with your planning process! I used my Nikon D3100 which is what I use for this trip report as well. I love it! Thank you so much!

That is so incredibly exciting! Once you stay with Disney you're not going to want to stay anywhere else! The Boardwalk is SO fun. I would definitely reccomend checking out Cape May Cafe for breakfast (a wonderful character meal!) and/or for dinner! (seafood buffet) That restaurant is right at the Beach Club so it's within walking distance from your resort! What other restaurant reservations do you already have? That way I could make a few more suggestions!

My 5 year old daughter has suddenly developed a fear of costumed characters so I haven't booked any Character Dining Last year we did breakfast with the Princesses at Akershus (sic?) and she really enjoyed that of course. This year so far we have ADRs for:

Breakfast:

Kona Cafe
Captains Grille
(We are staying in a Villa with a full kitchen and will probably eat breakfast in the room a lot-my kids aren't big breakfast eaters)

Dinner:

Rose and Crown
Olivia's Cafe (DH liked the menu here and my DD's name is Olivia very random way to choose a restauraunt I know )
Boatwrights Dining Hall (Another of DH's choices)
La Hacienda de San Angel
Ohana
Coral Reef

So we don't have any ADRs for lunch we were thinking we'd probably do CS restaurants for lunch on most days. Any recommendations? Also do you know if the dinner menus all have chicken nuggets and mac n cheese on them? My kids are big into the kid type foods and I didn't see these on all of the menus like Rose n Crown etc. Thank you SOOOO much for your help. I'd really love to sneak in a character meal at some point but I also don't want my DD to be hiding under the table from the characters either.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #1462
CoolMom2112
Mouseketeer

Phew! after 3 days of reading I'm finally caught up!!

I cannot tell you how badly you've given me 'Disney Fever'. We don't have a trip scheduled this year and I'm doing Twister with the budget to see if we could 'squeak' in a short visit....

Thank you for your enthusiasm and energy!!!

CoolMom
CoolMom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #1463
DisneyTeacher2
Earning My Ears

Thank you for letting us all enjoy this DCP experience with you! LIVE IT UP FRUMP!!!
DisneyTeacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #1464
LibbyLovesDisney
A most peculiar madmoiselle

Boy do I have some catching up to do with this! I've been trying to read all your other TR's but the Christmas one took me so long(which I loved!) & I fell behind!
You literally make me feel like I'm in Disney! I can't wait for my own DCP, you've inspired me to not give up on my dream,

In Progress!
"Charge It To The Room! - I'm NOT Drunk!" WDW Vacation 2013!
Completed!
"OHMYGOSH! I'M SOAKED!" Walt Disney World Vacation 2012!

LibbyLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #1465
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCin78 View Post
My 5 year old daughter has suddenly developed a fear of costumed characters so I haven't booked any Character Dining Last year we did breakfast with the Princesses at Akershus (sic?) and she really enjoyed that of course. This year so far we have ADRs for:

Breakfast:

Kona Cafe
Captains Grille
(We are staying in a Villa with a full kitchen and will probably eat breakfast in the room a lot-my kids aren't big breakfast eaters)

Dinner:

Rose and Crown
Olivia's Cafe (DH liked the menu here and my DD's name is Olivia very random way to choose a restauraunt I know )
Boatwrights Dining Hall (Another of DH's choices)
La Hacienda de San Angel
Ohana
Coral Reef

So we don't have any ADRs for lunch we were thinking we'd probably do CS restaurants for lunch on most days. Any recommendations? Also do you know if the dinner menus all have chicken nuggets and mac n cheese on them? My kids are big into the kid type foods and I didn't see these on all of the menus like Rose n Crown etc. Thank you SOOOO much for your help. I'd really love to sneak in a character meal at some point but I also don't want my DD to be hiding under the table from the characters either.
As far as breakfast, Kona is an EXCELLENT choice. That and Grand Floridian Cafe are my two top favorite breakfast spots on Disney property.

As far as dinner, I have been to all of them except for Boatwrights and I have had great experiences at all of them!

I would definitely considering doing Cape May for dinner then if you don't want characters. It's such a hidden gem!

Other restaurants that I would look into are: Sci-Fi Dine In, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Beaches and Cream, (they don't take reservations there - just a walk up) and Whispering Canyon. All of them have really fun atmospheres!

And generally most places do have mac and cheese and chicken nuggets on the kids menus. Just look up the Kids menus online to make sure if you're worried!

Hope that helps!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #1466
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! I made a dinner ADR for Cape May! We went to Whispering Canyon for lunch last year-LOVED it. Such a fun experience...we've also done TRex and Raglan Road. Def want to try the Sci Fi Dine in theater. Thank you so much for all of the suggestions! I tried to no avail to get a meal at Chef Mickeys as well as Be Our Guest. No go but that's ok, I think we have a pretty good start on ADRs Maybe we will stop by Coronado and say Hello My daughter saw me reading your TR and said that you look like Belle-her favorite princess!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #1467
blondie_k21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks so much for responding! Just got caught up on your DCP experiences, and I'm so happy for you! CSR is one of my all time favorites, so I'm glad you're enjoying the experience! Keep bringing the magic!

'98 - Offsite, '00 - DL/ASMu, '03 - ASMo, '08 - POP, '09 - CSR, '10 - CSR, '11 - OKW
December 2013 - POP

blondie_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #1468
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

Wow, I missed a lot of updates. All caught up again . Thoroughly enjoying your report. It sounds like you are having so much fun and I'm sure the experience you are gaining will serve you well in the future.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #1469
deedee2177
Disney Darling

I can't thank you enough for all the TR's you have done. I have read them all and I'm following right along with this one.

We have decided to take another Disney Trip in January (we were there this past November). This time we are taking the Grandmas (my Mom and my DH's Mom). I know they are going to have a blast watching the kids enjoy themselves...my step-daughter will be 7 and my son will be just about turn 2. My DH and I took them both in November and they both had such a blast. We want the Grandmas to experience that too. My MIL hasn't been in 30 years so I know she is going to be blown away by all the changes. My mom went about 5 years ago with me, my sister and a friend of ours and she has been a number of times but this will be her first trip as a Grandma!

I'm so glad you are enjoying your DCP experience and taking full advantage of living at Disney!!! You are an amazing young lady and I'm sure you family is very proud of you.
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #1470
danygirl
Mouseketeer

Jess, I am LOVING your trip report! Makes me remember my best job ever (renting surf boards on waikiki beach) and how I knew every inch of that beach when I was in college. It is great to see you getting the absolute most out of your DCP.

My kids called the Garden Rest. the "magic happy food ride" because it rotated and they got to eat and see Chip and Dale!

thanks for sharing your experience with us!!!!
danygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: