Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #1441
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Love your Iron Man 3 monorail pic. The Avengers monorail was great too. I almost missed it taking pictures.

Your Splash pic is great! You have such fun ways of making the rides feel new.

We love chillin' and watching Big Bang too, such a favorite. You gotta love those guys! "(knock, knock, knock) Penny, (knock, knock, knock) Penny, (knock, knock, knock )Penny!

Thanks for the great updates; I'm looking forward to the Frump Reunion.
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #1442
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMG Mark has come out to say hello? that's so awesome HI MARK (waves like a maniac)

And ya know what? I have a friend courtney doing DCP that lives at Chattam too!! Only my Courtney works at DTD most of the time

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #1443
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

Our Spring Break is next week.....My son is coming to Disney with his middle school band for an Instructional Disney workshop and then they play at the stage at DTD on Friday. From day #1 I've wanted to come and see home perform...how exciting to see my boy participate at Disney in this program!!! Because of multiple kids....and a trip planned for this summer....I couldn't $ make this trip happen..even though I consider it "priceless" .... Well.....some things have changed and I'm looking at making the trip with one of my daughters....but, darn 24 hours after the Disney hotel rates went up did things change! I do have to make the trip as cheaply as I can...which sadly means I can't afford on property....Anyway, Jess...I'm hoping you can give me some insight as to the Spring Break crowds next week? I feel like our schools are late...while most others have gone or on their SB now? Also, EPCOT...The Flower and Food Festival (did I say that right?). That might be the park we visit....I loved your food pics..and of course the flowers are incredible! What is the price range for the food booths?

Love your reports!!!
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1444
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiken4mickey
Our Spring Break is next week.....My son is coming to Disney with his middle school band for an Instructional Disney workshop and then they play at the stage at DTD on Friday. From day #1 I've wanted to come and see home perform...how exciting to see my boy participate at Disney in this program!!! Because of multiple kids....and a trip planned for this summer....I couldn't $ make this trip happen..even though I consider it "priceless" .... Well.....some things have changed and I'm looking at making the trip with one of my daughters....but, darn 24 hours after the Disney hotel rates went up did things change! I do have to make the trip as cheaply as I can...which sadly means I can't afford on property....Anyway, Jess...I'm hoping you can give me some insight as to the Spring Break crowds next week? I feel like our schools are late...while most others have gone or on their SB now? Also, EPCOT...The Flower and Food Festival (did I say that right?). That might be the park we visit....I loved your food pics..and of course the flowers are incredible! What is the price range for the food booths?

Love your reports!!!
I hope everything works out for your trip!
Spring break crowds have been pretty bad this week and last week! So hopefully they will start to fade by the time you guys get here!
The flower and garden festival food booth prices range depending on what you get/how many samples you get. The samples can be from anywhere from $1.50-$9.00 approximately. If you want to eat at a lot of them.. I would probably set aside $35-$45 so you can sample them all!
Thank you!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #1445
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Just wanted to let you know that I've been keeping up to date with your posts! Love all your food adventures and of course, all your pin hauls too! It's so much fun getting to see what you find. Have you noticed that you get better trading done in the morning vs. night or at the parks vs. resorts? During our last trip, we got some awesome pins through trades, but we also saw the same ones over and over again too.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #1446
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508

I hope everything works out for your trip!
Spring break crowds have been pretty bad this week and last week! So hopefully they will start to fade by the time you guys get here!
The flower and garden festival food booth prices range depending on what you get/how many samples you get. The samples can be from anywhere from $1.50-$9.00 approximately. If you want to eat at a lot of them.. I would probably set aside $35-$45 so you can sample them all!
Thank you!
Thank you for responding so quickly! I'll be making a decision soon.....throw "pixie dust" my way!!
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #1447
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

How timely and cool that you went on Ellen's Energy Adventure just before the Finding Dory news!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #1448
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Those pictures of the lions sleeping are precious!!! Both poses look just like my dad when she sleeps!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #1449
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

Congrats on earning your ears! Loving your posts. You found some amazing pins. I just love pin trading. It's so much fun. I've been on the hunt for a wild about safety pin. Some day I'll find one.
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
pirateprincess1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #1450
goodmorningbelle
Earning My Ears

So enjoying your report! I've read many of your trip reports in the past, and it hit me over the weekend...hey, I wonder how Jess is doing in the College Program? And lo and behold--I found your trip report. . Glad you are making the most of the experience and letting us live vicariously through you!
goodmorningbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #1451
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

That picture of the male lion laying on his back with his legs in the air -- too funny!! He was definately relaxing!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #1452
Harlie
Mouseketeer

Hi Jess,

Have you ever considered being a restaurant Critic? Seriously You sold me on Garden Grill. I gave up my BOG ADR for it. Well kinda, we originally booked for just the to of us for our get away (from the kids) vacation, and long story, short, our sitter for our vacation didn't work out for us. (drama free version) We decided instead of cancelling we would take 2 out of the 3 kids with us. The oldest is staying with her Dad (she can't miss school and if we had to take her the trip would be cancelled) so I couldn't get the BOG adr change to 4 guest from 2.

Thanks to you I have a new to us restaurant to try that we are all excited about!

See you in 3 weeks! (staying at your resort)

I love reading your updates! Keep living your dreams!

Family Trip @POP Sept 2010 Follow along the madness - PreTrip Report

DL Islander Inn and Suites 2008
Delayed Disneymoon just me and DH WDW Pop Century 2009
Me DH and DD13 SDS 12 DS 8
Harlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #1453
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

How cool that Mark's friend Courtney is Pals with both Chip & Dale AND Rapunzel!

I never knew that a Cast Member could be BFFs with a face Character AND a non-face Character.

That must be so interesting to experinece being friends with BOTH "types" of WDW Characters!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #1454
blondie_k21
Earning My Ears

Hey there! Love your TRs and found your Christmas one at the perfect time as I plan out first ever Christmas trip. Just wanted to ask a quick question. What camera did you use for that trip? Your pictures are some of the best I've ever seen! My Nikon doesn't so nearly that well with fireworks and night time. Congrats on the DCP!!! Such a dream come true!

'98 - Offsite, '00 - DL/ASMu, '03 - ASMo, '08 - POP, '09 - CSR, '10 - CSR, '11 - OKW
December 2013 - POP

blondie_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #1455
emsparkles
emsparkles

Hey Jess, your new(well not new but newest!) trip report is great! I am coming over from the uk on the 21st June and staying at your lovely resort! I can't wait, your photos from your your previous one make the resort look stunning and now I know your working there, makes it even more exiting! I do hope we get a chance to meet! I'm with my best friend who has never been to WDW before and we are meeting up with our two other friends who are coming out to do the college program in June! Btw I see you went to the Yorkshire county fish shop the other week, if you look at the sign outside it says guisley which is where I'm from in Yorkshire! Hope you enjoyed them they are quite similar to the real thing! Salt and vinegar are essential though! As I used to work at the Disney store I know you can get some crazy daily shifts but it is worth it!! Hope I get a chance to meet when I fly the 9 hours over!! Good luck with the rest of the program they need to employ you full time after this!!
emsparkles is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: