Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #1411
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

congrats on being solo Concierge
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #1412
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

HOORAAAAAY!!! Congratulations on earning your ears and having a smooth first solo shift.

So glad you enjoy the Garden Grill. It is one of our favorites too! Yummy family style dining, so many characters at once, while your booth revolves and you get to enjoy The Land below. So much to love.

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #1413
RI Disney Star
Mouseketeer

Congrats on earning your ears! You are doing a wonderful job. I'm loving your CP TR.

I'm heading to Florida tomorrow to celebrate my Mom's 90th birthday on Thursday. She winters near Orlando. We are bringing her to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. Don't have time to go to any of the parks on this trip.

I have a quick question. Can I get a Birthday Celebration pin from the concierge at the Grand Floridian? I think I can but I just wanted to check.
RI Disney Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #1414
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Disney Star
Congrats on earning your ears! You are doing a wonderful job. I'm loving your CP TR.

I'm heading to Florida tomorrow to celebrate my Mom's 90th birthday on Thursday. She winters near Orlando. We are bringing her to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. Don't have time to go to any of the parks on this trip.

I have a quick question. Can I get a Birthday Celebration pin from the concierge at the Grand Floridian? I think I can but I just wanted to check.
How fun! And yes you can! Absolutely
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1415
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

My daughter was home for the weekend and she spent the whole day on Saturday reading about your DCP. She is a total FRUMP and obsessed with Disney. Also, involved theatre and music in college, but does not think she would be able to do the DCP with her major Nursing. I am encouraging her to speak to her advisor anyways to see if there is a way for her to do it. Is there ever a summer session that she might be able to participate in?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #1416
rcroke
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on earning your concierge ears Jess!!!!!
rcroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #1417
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife
My daughter was home for the weekend and she spent the whole day on Saturday reading about your DCP. She is a total FRUMP and obsessed with Disney. Also, involved theatre and music in college, but does not think she would be able to do the DCP with her major Nursing. I am encouraging her to speak to her advisor anyways to see if there is a way for her to do it. Is there ever a summer session that she might be able to participate in?
Unfortunately they do not offer summer programs, no.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #1418
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Jess - how would I go about having some "extra magic" available for my sister's trip next month? She is the mother of three, one being a severely handicapped 11 year old, that is in an open eyed coma and on a feeding tube. She cares for her 24/7 at home, with a hospital bed in their family room. Luckily she is a nurse, so she can keep her at home, but it is exhausting and very hard on her other children.

They are taking the train to WDW because my niece can't fly and staying on property for a few days. It is very hard to vacation with all her medical needs, but they want to try to spend some time together as a family.
While one parent goes to the parks with the other kids, one will stay at the resort with my niece. My sister is just looking forward to the rest, but it would be so nice if there might be something waiting in the room for her to enjoy. Just something to put a smile on her face.

Should I contact the concierge at the Polynesian or guest services?

Congrats on "earning your ears"!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale and 1/2014 Dolphin
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #1419
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Jess, you have sold me on Garden Grill! It looks SO good! So you can just ask for the kid's meal with yours?
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #1420
Mjp935
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Disney food just always looks so fabulous. Great job on the food pics!

And I agree that concierge is a really special job. It just sounds really fun to chat with a never ending supply of people on Disney vacations. I could do that 24/7 and be happy.

I really like the pic of Mark with Pooh. Very cute!
Awe thanks!!!

Love
Mark

Completed Trip Report:"You're going to Disneyland? That's in Florida right?"
friend of jess!
Twitter: Mjp935
Instagram: Markjamesp
Follow me y'all!

Mjp935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #1421
Mjp935
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Jess, you have sold me on Garden Grill! It looks SO good! So you can just ask for the kid's meal with yours?
Hey,

Yeah all Jess did was ask about getting the kids food too and they brought it! It was sooooo good!

Love

Mark

Completed Trip Report:"You're going to Disneyland? That's in Florida right?"
friend of jess!
Twitter: Mjp935
Instagram: Markjamesp
Follow me y'all!

Mjp935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #1422
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom
Jess - how would I go about having some "extra magic" available for my sister's trip next month? She is the mother of three, one being a severely handicapped 11 year old, that is in an open eyed coma and on a feeding tube. She cares for her 24/7 at home, with a hospital bed in their family room. Luckily she is a nurse, so she can keep her at home, but it is exhausting and very hard on her other children.

They are taking the train to WDW because my niece can't fly and staying on property for a few days. It is very hard to vacation with all her medical needs, but they want to try to spend some time together as a family.
While one parent goes to the parks with the other kids, one will stay at the resort with my niece. My sister is just looking forward to the rest, but it would be so nice if there might be something waiting in the room for her to enjoy. Just something to put a smile on her face.

Should I contact the concierge at the Polynesian or guest services?

Congrats on "earning your ears"!

You can absolutely contact the Polynesian concierge! They would definitely have some ideas. Also, the Disney florist is a great option. You can look at their website online and order something to have delivered to the room!
Also, make sure you get celebrating buttons! And then just talk to cast members and I'm sure they will be able to think of something
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #1423
sue_88
DIS veteran

Garden Grill is on my wish list.

I'm sortof glad that you weren't impressed with Captain EO. I never have wanted to use up park time to see it and now that you seem to agree with that, I feel good about leaving it out of my touring plans.
But, shame on me! I have never seen Figment either! Sounds like I need to see that one. My sister did send me a Figment plushie when I was in college.

Don't forget to get enough sleep!! Everything is more fun when you are awake enough to enjoy it.

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #1424
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

You can absolutely contact the Polynesian concierge! They would definitely have some ideas. Also, the Disney florist is a great option. You can look at their website online and order something to have delivered to the room!
Also, make sure you get celebrating buttons! And then just talk to cast members and I'm sure they will be able to think of something
Thanks for the ideas! <3

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale and 1/2014 Dolphin
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #1425
dacshund01
Earning My Ears

I was devastated to hear that Le Cellier doesn't serve the mashed potatoes any more. I am only eleven and I love to get the Filet Mingon with the potatoes as a side with the yummy sauce! And I agree the pretzel bread is amazing!!!! It's too bad that you only stay until August. I am am going in November and if you would still be there I would visit
dacshund01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: