Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #1396
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

March 23th-26th, 2013

March 23rd, 2013 - Le Cellier

Today was training day 3 for concierge. It was a 6:45 am Ė 3:15 pm shift today.

Around 5 oíclock I headed next door because Shane, Cody, and I were going to Le Cellier for dinner tonight! Cody made a reservation ages ago because his friends were supposed to vacation in Disney this week but they didnít end up coming. So we got the reservation instead! Yay yay!

We went 30 minutes before our ADR time and they told us to come back in 15 minutes. So we went on O Canada in the meantime. I havenít seen it before and it was really cute. Martin Short was so funny but I can only picture him as Jack Frost! The show has a cheesy factor to it but since Iím a big cheeseball I thought all of the corny jokes were funny. Also, the Canada song was stuck in my head ALL NIGHT.

CANADAAAA, CANADAAA, OHHH, CANADAAA.

Then we went back to check in and had to wait 35 minutes to be seated.

Once we finally made it to our table, the fun began.

By fun I mean PRETZEL BREAD. One of Godís most beautiful creations was brought right to us. It was so soft and cooked perfectly, just like usual!

So not only THAT but we also all got CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP. Hellooooo wonderful! It tasted phenomenal. Thereís nothing quite like it!

Then we got our steaks!

They don't have the mashed potatoes anymore, sadly. But honestly... the risotto was AMAZING. I used to be so scared of it but HOLY COW itís absolutely awesome!!! Iím definitely not scared anymore. I have also acquired quite the taste for mushrooms in certain dishes and this one was super good!!

The boys were both really happy with their first Le Cellier experience! I am so glad they got to eat there. Having a good steak just tasted wonderful!

For dessert they got the White Chocolate Cheesecake which they thought was delicious! They really loved it!

I just had to get the chocolate moose! Even though heís on the kidís menu (because I am 5 after all) they still let me order him! The chocolate moose tasted WONDERFUL and they changed his antlers! They are little pieces of chocolate now instead of cookies.

We walked out of Le Cellier stuffed to the brim! Shane drove us home and then I just went to my room.

I caught up on my journaling until about 10:15 pm and then it was bedtime. GOOD NIGHT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 24th, 2013 - Concierge Training Day 4

Another early morning. Woohoo. I was up at 5 am and headed over to work for another 6:45 am Ė 3:15 pm shift.

I left Coronado around 3:30 pm and headed home. I got home and there was a big package sitting on the counter for me. I opened it and it was an Easter basket from my Mom. SHE'S THE BEST AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH. Oh my God. What an angel. Like, look at the Disney princess basket she got me!!! It's perfect!

Then the most beautiful thing of the week happened to me.

I GOT TO TAKE A NAP.

People, it was 1.5 hours of glorious sleep. Ahh so much love.

Mark called and woke me up because he was on his way home. He was coming over to work on our hospitality project. After we were done with that I just worked on trip reports all night!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 25th, 2013

Today was the day I finished up my Concierge training! MY CONCIERGE EARS WERE EARNED! HOORAY!!!!!!

I left work and went home. I took a shower, wrote trip reports, worked on our hospitality project with Bobby, and worked on more trip reports.

March 26th, 2013

I worked from 2:15 to 9:15 pm today! It was my first shift at the concierge desk all by myself!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #1397
LastLookAtTheCastle
You look like an Elvis fan.

Oh great. Now the Canada song is stuck in my head too.

Hee.
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #1398
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

I'm officially caught up! I love so many of your pictures, especially the one of the Monsters University at sunset. Its perfect.
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #1399
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Your pin trade in MK was epic!! Ahh I loved the ones you got!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #1400
AimKo
Mouseketeer

"Retired" Disney Princess Interview

Jess

I came across this interview on YouTube and thought of you!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=BX8Fkvy3r5U

I do hope you try again for a face audition. Olivia and I are still reading along at bedtime!

Aimee

AimKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #1401
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Jess, I absolutely love your zest for life! Your excitement and optimism for everything you are experiencing are inspiring! Thanks for sharing your story!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #1402
sue_88
DIS veteran

Disney food just always looks so fabulous. Great job on the food pics!

And I agree that concierge is a really special job. It just sounds really fun to chat with a never ending supply of people on Disney vacations. I could do that 24/7 and be happy.

I really like the pic of Mark with Pooh. Very cute!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #1403
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I want a chocolate moose
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #1404
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

My gosh Jess I have missed A LOT!! I just saw your hilton head report and found myself here. Congrats! DCP! WOW!!!!
I think I have told you before, I LOVE how close your family is and how close you and with your mom. I hope that I will have that with my little princess. I asked her a couple weeks ago if she wants me, her daddy and her auntie to go to college with her (she is 6 now) and she says YES!!! LOL!! I know that will change but I really hope she will be like you...
Enjoy your time... Too bad we wont be there this year -- we are finally doing paris and disneyland paris in June...
Good luck and have fun!! Oh and you and your boyfriend are adorable... (I feel SO SO SO OLD when i see the pics of you too. My husband and I met our 2nd year of college---we have now been married for11 years)
nycdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #1405
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #1406
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

March 27th, 2013 - Jess and Mark's Garden Grill Night!

This morning I woke up at 6:45 am and then headed to work at 8:30 am. It was so cold outside! I was done right at 3 oíclock so I headed back to the apartment. I changed, got my park stuff, and drove Shane and Sergio over to Epcot.

I posted on twitter:
I don't understand why I have a CONSTANT craving to go to Epcot.

None of us had ever seen Captain EO before so that was the first thing we did. It was definitely an interesting experience!

I think my favorite part of the movie was Hooter the elephant. I concluded that the entire attraction is a combination of Star Tours, The Muppets, Mission: SPACE, and Dance Dance Revolution. 1986 was definitely an interesting year.

After that it was FIGMENT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love Figment with all of my heart and soul. Shane and Surge were judging. I was just thoroughly enjoying every moment of Figment time.

After that, Shane and Surge went to go meet up with some friends. Mark met up with me after he finished work and he wanted to go on Figment again! So FIGMENT ROUND TWO! WOOHOO!! NO ONE WAS MAD AT ALL!

After that we headed into World Showcase. We had dinner reservations at 7:45 pm but it was only about 5 oíclock. We needed a snack!

We went to the French Bakery and got some food. I LOVE the new bakery... it looks super nice! Also, there are about 101 million things that I want to try in there.

I posted on twitter:
I need to visit the France Bakery WAYYY more often.

I decided to go with my first instinct and get the napoleon. It was REALLY delicious.

Mark got the chocolate torte and he really loved it! It was so pretty!

Then we walked to Japan and got some frushi. This was my third time getting frushi and Iím sure it will not be the last. IT IS JUST SO GOOD.

Speaking of which, I really need to go to get actual sushi from the Japan pavilion. I havenít done that yet! I LOVE SUSHI.

We walked throughout the rest of the World Showcase and then went to the Disney Visa character meet and greet spot! My family has had a Disney Visa since 2005 and we have NEVER done this. I donít know why the heck we donít because there was NO line! Also, we got the CUTEST pictures EVER.

Why you ask? Because MICKEY AND PLUTO WERE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The excitement was literally overflowing. I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE Pluto. And Mickey too!!! And to have them TOGETHER!?!?!? OH MY LIFE IS SO GRAND.

THE CUTEST PICTURE EVER TO EXIST.

So after hugs and kisses and more hugs and more kisses, we took our pictures. I was just so excited I didnít even know what to do with myself.

They were TOO PRECIOUS.

Then we went over to Garden Grill! We were there an hour early for our dinner reservation but they gave us a pager and told us they could probably get us in soon. We only had to wait about 20 minutes and then we were seated.

We got SUPER cute character pictures tonight. I was just loving all of them. Everyone had great energy and gave us lots of hugs!!!

Chip joined us for dinner!

BOSS MAN!

GAHH the love of my life. (:

Chipmunks!

Group picture!

The food was SO GOOD. But who is surprised? Garden Grill is definitely one of my TOP favorites. I just think itís so ridiculously delicious! I mean, this is the second time I went here within a month. This is what you call obsessed.

KIDS' FOOD! See all of those sweet potato fries? I ate every single one of them. By myself. Now, we could either judge me or be impressed. I prefer the latter.

After Garden Grill we went to the photopass station to receive our complimentary 5x7 photo! We also found out that you can do the Disney Visa meet and greet once a day if you want to! SO GUESS WHERE I NEED TO GO BACK TO!

We left Epcot after that and then headed back to our apartments. I hung out at Markís for a while and wrote trip report updates. The boys started Aladdin but Iím pretty sure I fell asleep about 3 separate times before I actually got up and left. I was a tired frump!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #1407
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

I love your posts!! Congrats on your solo Concierge shift!!! I don't know why Garden Grill has been off my radar- but I have to go our next trip!! Thank you!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #1408
jojosam
Mouseketeer

ACK! That storm was crazy!! The kids and I were on the Gulf coast for Spring Break with their grandparents. My Dad called us in to see what was happening at the PGA game on TV and he was surprised to find out the storm had just been over his own house and he hadn't even noticed!!

I would love to get to Garden Grill, but we only have 4 ADR during our next trip in September. Guess that just means we need to come back again!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #1409
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

We love Garden Grill too. We LOVE Chip, Dale, Pluto and of course, Mickey! We made 4:00 reservations. We were the "first family" so we got to take our photo with all 4 at once!!!!! Love, love, love!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #1410
Fluff724
Mouseketeer

I am loving your report! I worked for the Disney Store during college (when Disney owned it) and my friends and I visited WDW so much. I loved it! I would have loved the CP too.

Keep up the great work!
Fluff724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: