Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #1291
FlygirlHNL
Earning My Ears

How fun!

How fun! Good for you! You will have the time of your life!
FlygirlHNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1292
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Love all the updates. Esp the Be our Guest pics. I'm in Beauty and the Beast in like 11 days
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #1293
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg i love the space mountain pics lol those r too funny,i always laugh at the jungle cruise eventhough i'm usually the only one ohwell

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #1294
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Subbing in! I've been off these boards for a while and I had no idea you were doing the CP. I've enjoyed reading your other TR's and I have been spending the last few days getting caught up on this one.

I'm so happy for you that you are following your dream. I hope you enjoy every day that you live there, since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm really enjoying hearing the details about the CP. It has to be so much work for you to keep up your busy life & this TR! You are a rock star.
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #1295
AnnaNonamus
Mouseketeer

Subbing to this! I follow your adventures (and occasionally pipe up!) on Instagram and twitter. I really wish I had known there was a DCP when I went to school- you are living my absolute dream
CBR - 10/20/13-10/28/13 - Free Dining Girls Trip!
AnnaNonamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #1296
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

We were there for NY's, and rode SM with the lights completely on.....it was very WEIRD! we received FP to ride again and 2 days later when we went back to ride, a few lights we on again ....very strange!
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1297
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Love to read your TRs. I heard about you being Thread of month on the Dis podcast and realized, I haven't been on to see if you had been to WDW lately. Just caught up and have to say, beautiful job and pictures as usual. Enjoy the time you have there and remember that there are a LOT of us following you that wish we were having the same experiences.
Oh, and have a Mickey bar for me....and some of that delicious artichoke spinach dip. Sigh!

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
mom of princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #1298
HappyHaunts999
Mouseketeer

A week ago the people mover was down so some lights were on. It was a strange feeling. I kept feeling like I was going to hit my head. Glad you a had a great time with your friends.
HappyHaunts999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #1299
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I still haven’t tried the croissant bread pudding. That is probably because I am OBSESSED with the strawberry shortcake…

FISHES. So cute!

I have never gone on Mission Space, and I am a thrill ride kinda girl! Some day…

Excuse me while I go sit in a corner and sob over Wonders of Life.

WHY DIDN’T I KNOW THERE WAS A RED VELVET WHOOPIE PIE?! How have I lived?!

Be Our Guest for dinner is amazing. I ate there in November and I was BLOWN AWAY.

I didn’t even know about that lemonade! I will have to try it next time.

Wishes from New Fantasyland is AMAZING. It is like the show was MADE for NF.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #1300
jenny-pooh
Mouseketeer

I have been frumpified! I find myself using the word 'FRUMPY' quite often now.

I have always enjoyed your trip reports but I am absolutely enthralled by your DCP experience. Thank you so much!
2014 POR
jenny-pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #1301
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

So it's taken me a few days, but I finally caught up on your TR! It sounds like you are having an excellent time, and it's nice to fill in the gaps between your tweets and instagram pics.

That coaster set from Cast Connections is so cute! Also, I love the Mickey/Minnie shirts that you and Preston have!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #1302
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I can't wait intell the Vera's go on sale.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #1303
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

March 7th, 2013 (Part 1) - Traveling the World With Duffy!

We had another Epcot morning planned for this day! We had to get on Test Track so we were up and out very early!

We stopped at the pin board on our way out and I found some AWESOME pins to go with my cast member costume mickey collection and an orange monorail. This was only the beginning of our crazy pin-trading day.

We got to the bus stop and the line for Epcot was so long. We then remembered that I had a car and it would just be so much easier if I drove us there. So we hopped in Brooke and she took us to the park!

Matt took our park passes and got us Test Track fastpasses. Karen and Alexander took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom and would meet up with us later.

Preston and I went over to Sunshine Seasons and got ourselves some breakfast! I had a plain bagel and a banana. The bagel was very fresh! I enjoyed it a lot.

Preston and Matt both got the breakfast paninis which they really liked!! I love that we went to Sunshine Seasons 3 times with in 24 hours. We're crazy.

After we ate we went on Living with the Land! For a group of teenagers, we actually REALLY enjoy this ride. I just think its so relaxing and eye appealing. It was a lot of fun to ride through. Also, it was a good preliminary introduction for our dinner at Garden Grill!

Then it was Test Track time! We got to design our car today which was really cool! This was the first time I actually designed it for real. We made an AWESOME car. Seriously, it was so good. It was light blue and had an insanely good power score.

However, when we went on the ride our car didn't even show up on the place charts! LAME! We were so upset because we DEFINITELY would've sweeped the board. It was such an amazing car. Ah well. The good thing is that Preston thought the ride was awesome! He never got to ride old Test Track so this was his first experience on it. He loved it!

Another bro picture:

Then we all decided to travel the world! TO WORLD SHOWCASE WE GO!

We started at the Mexico Pavilion and we went inside. We went on the Gran Fiesta Tour first! Preston thought he completely avoided It's A Small World on this trip (aka his biggest fear) but this ride gave him a little taste of what he was missing! MUAHAHA!

Then we decided we wanted to do the Kidcot Funstops so we could go around the world and get our Duffys stamped! The three of us sat down with the kids and colored our beautiful Duffys! It was so much fun!!

We got our first stamp in Mexico! They also draw a little flag or picture or words on the back of your Duffys now, too! AH it was so cute!

Then we decided to have our lunch! We knew we wanted to eat at the Mexico quick service, La Cantina so we got right in line. We ate inside of La Hacienda so we wouldn't have to deal with Orlando's obnoxious temperature changes.

Preston and I both got the Chicken Tacos and they were AMAZING. Wow, I seriously don't know why I don't eat here all of the time. I was loving life!!

Matt got the beef nachos minus the jalapeños and tomatoes. He was in heaven.

The boys ordered some Mexican soda to drink. It was Mango flavored. Preston loves Mango flavored things so it was right up his alley!

For dessert we all got Churros and WOW they were amazing. Ahhh yum, I absolutely LOVED them!!

Our next stop was NORVAY! We were going to go on the Maelstrom but THE RIDE WAS BROKEN. Clearly the morning rush caused some technical difficulties and we would have to return later.

So what do you do when the Maelstrom is closed? YOU EAT SCHOOL BREAD!!!!!!! And that is what we did! We got two of them to share between the three of us. Matt and Preston both have never eaten school bread and their eyes were opened. Matt was like in love. He said he was only going to have a couple bites and he ended up eating an entire school bread. Mmm I haven't had one in so long but it was super yummy! The custard is definitely my favorite part!

DUFFY IS TRYING TO STEAL MY SCHOOL BREAD!! NO! BAD DUFFY! MINE!!

We also got our stamps in the Norway gift shop. The colder temperatures really dried out my hands so I decided to try that beautiful Norway lotion in the gift shop. IT WAS AMAZING. Its 40 something dollars though or else I would have totally bought a bottle for myself! It makes your hands so soft and it smells so good!!!

China was our next destination! We went to go get our stamps inside of the pavilion. We saw Mulan greeting but here line was REALLY long. So who did we greet instead? NORMAN JUNIOR! I had to introduce Preston to Norman Junior in his live and natural habitat.

I love the Flower and Garden display in China!

DUFFYS IN CHINA! Yes, my boyfriend colored his Duffy purple. No one should be surprised.

Our next stop was Germany! Nothing all too exciting happened there besides us trading pins and getting our stamps for Duffy. Although I did see this guy eating an AMAZING-looking piece of cake. I need to go discover where I can obtain such a beautiful food.

Italy was next, which is my and Matt's home country! YAY ITALIANS! We got our stamps and we also decided to try the dessert at the Flower and Garden booth. It was called the Limoncello Panna Cotta and it was WONDERFUL. The raspberries were some of the best we ever had. If you have the chance to try any of the F&G food booths, I definitely recommend this one!

I posted on twitter:
I haven't tweeted at all today. It's probably because I've been busy traveling around the world.

And also... I've literally been eating ALL day. Epcot loves me

The food booths at the flower and garden festival are kind of the best idea EVER.

Lady and the Tramp are PERFECT.

Our next country was the American Adventure! They have the Toy Story topiaries here again this year!

We got our stamps for Duffy and looked at the little pin trading booth. All of us were running EXTREMELY low on pins. And by that I mean I literally had one left to trade. Matt and I both invested in some pin sets so we would have some more to tide us over for the rest of the day. We were going pin crazy.

I also got THE MOST adorable Lady and the Tramp Flower and Garden Festival pin. Ahhh it was so perfect!! I love how Lady and the Tramp have been featured on so many of the limited edition pins lately! That was one of my childhood movies so I will always have a special place in my heart for them!

Then we went over to Japan and got our Duffys stamped again. One of the cast members made a Lotso out of a Duffy! IT WAS THE CUTEST THING! God, they're so creative!!

We had to go into Mitsukoshi because HELLO, Pokemon! Matt and Preston are BIG Pokemon fans so this was like heaven for them.

They wanted everything.

After browsing the store we went back to American Adventure and Preston grabbed an American Dream. YUM! This was a big hit. It is red slushie, blue slushie, and vanilla ice cream. You can get it at Fire & Drum. We all shared some because it was SO good. The boys did a lot of pin trading here and then we continued on.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #1304
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Ohhh I've never seen or heard of the "american dream" before I think that's the perfect alternative for my daughters,because the khaki gori always gets worn more than eaten and when I get my grown up slushie in France they always want a cool treat too.So thanks for including that cause I love that it has a lid YAYYYY ( trust me when it seems boring now,but when you're a parent you'll like lids too lol)

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #1305
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Jess, there's a WONDERFUL Black Forest cake available from Sommerfest in Germany...it is sooo yummy! Maybe that's the cake you saw?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: