Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #1156
sue_88
DIS veteran

wow it sounds like mark has go to be friends with a lot of cool characters!

really nice pics. i like the piglet ones. piglet is my favorite pooh character.

i would be really happy for you if you got to be friends with Jasmine someday. you would be a great friend for her. but i can see you as friends with some of the other characters too. but i agree with others who say that concierge might be even better in a different way. you have a lot of ways to make vacations special.

I met peter pan on a Disney cruise once and he was very nice. we got him confused with a guy who sang and acted in some of the shows on board and he winked and said that he wasnt that guy but he was friends with that guy and would tell him that we liked enjoyed his parts in the show.

cant wait for more!!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #1157
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

I am still loving your reports so much! I have to agree that you should be Jasmine! I hope you get a chance to audition again.
I would love to hear from Mark what it is like to be a friend of Goofy.
I am so glad you got to have such a great vacation with Preston and friends! Your pictures are fantastic. I just bought a new camera for our trip to WDW next month. I can't wait to get there in 46 days! We are staying at the Boardwalk but I may book our first night at Coronado if we are arriving late in the evening. If we do I hope you are there to check us in. I can just imagine waiting in line and sending people ahead of me in line so I could get to meet you! HA!
Keep up the good work and fun!

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #1158
dizzyblonde
Earning My Ears

Jess, I am loving your DCP report! I was at WDW 2/27-3/3 & kept an eye out for you. I was at DTD on Sat 3/2 too, but we ate at Cookes of Dublin because the lines at WP & EoS were insane. I think your roomie may have been the girl who took my FP at ToT on Fri evening, but I didn't want to ask her because it seemed too odd to ask lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #1159
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

March 3rd, 2013 (Part 4) - The Frozen Kingdom

Then after we met him we RAN over to Main Street and saw the new Spring Trolley show!!! Their costumes are SO CUTE.

We walked down Main Street USA and then took some castle pictures! YAY!

Karen and Alexander:

Precious.

Preston and Me! (:

After that Preston, Mark, and I went to use our Journey of the Little Mermaid fastpasses! It is such a cute ride.

Then after that Preston and Alex begged us to go on the Swiss Family Robinson tree house, so we did!

This is the best part:

Then we were all going to go on the Jungle Cruise together, but Preston and I ran to the bathroom and everyone ended up getting in line without us. When we went to go get in the queue line, the cast member gave us Big Thunder Mountain Fastpasses that were going to expire in 15 minutes. So we ditched Jungle Cruise and went on Thunder Mountain instead.

On our walk over, we ran into my Jungle Cruise skipper friend Ryan and his girlfriend near Splash Mountain! They are celebrating their one year and three month anniversary! It's so funny that out of all place in Disney we ran into them! They had plans to go to Be Our Guest that night so I hope they loved it!

We rode Big Thunder and we saw our other friend Ryan from college in line! I can't believe we kept running into everyone.

We were in the very back seat of the train and it was super fun!

Then we went back to Adventureland. Preston and I were gonna go on Jungle Cruise but the line was so long. Instead the enchanted tiki room was our choice.

Then we walked around Main Street and waited for the Dapper Dans! We finally found them and they were so good!! I loved their outfits today. They sang some good ol' classics, Jolly Holiday from Mary Poppins, and they finished off strong with their Boy Band Medley!

Preston finally understands why I'm obsessed with these guys. THEY'RE SO PERFECT.

After that we headed out of the park. I was dying of tiredness and I knew I would never make it through extra magic hours if I didn't take a nap. The weather was just weighing me down so much. I literally fell asleep on the way back to the resort. Like passed out cold.

So we went back, slept for about and hour, and then got ready to go back out into the frozen tundra.

Before leaving Art of Animation, we went to Landscape of Flavors and got dinner! I got the delicious surf and surf burger, which was probably one of the messiest things I have ever eaten. It was SO GOOD though.

Preston got some Disney pizza and a salad, which he loved!!

For dessert I got the strawberry cheesecake.

Preston got a cupcake which was the best of the two choices. I ended up helping with that a little bit.

Then we took a bus back to Magic Kingdom. The bus was just waiting for us when we got there! The Disney bus system was really on our side this trip!

We got back to Magic Kingdom and the first thing we did was go get FP's for Peter Pan! They were for 9:30-10:00 so they must've been some of the last ones!

Then we went on the Haunted Mansion! YAYYY.

YAY FOR THE MATCHING PORTRAIT AND PHONE CASE!

Then we were gonna go on It's a Small World, but I realized Wishes was starting in 7 minutes! So we got out of line and booked it to Main Street! We got the most incredible spot and Preston and I watched Wishes together.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #1160
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Loving your updates! Seriously....why is it EVERYONE but Disneythinks you should be a princess!??!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #1161
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

March 3rd, 2013 (Part 5) - Extra Magical Magic Hours!

Here are some more Wishes pictures because I just couldn't get enough! We had such a great spot!

These are my favorite fireworks of the whole show:

WE PUT OUR FAITH AND HOPE ON A SHOOTING STAR!

Then we went over to Casey's and got hot chocolate. I don't think you all understand how cold it was. Plus when you are outside all day you SERIOUSLY deserve some hot chocolate. I drank mine in like 5 minutes flat. Matt met us at Casey's and we discussed our game plan for the rest of the night. He's staying with us in a few days but his family was currently in Disney staying at the Yacht Club! We planned to meet up with him after Celebrate the Magic so we could all play!

Preston and I went back to watch Celebrate the Magic in the hub. Plus YAY FOR HAVING HOT CHOCOLATE!

Castle pictures!

Preston NEEDED his picture with Chip N Dale. They are his favorites!

Getting ready for the show! (and trying to stay warm)

Then it was Celebrate the Magic time!!!!!! This was really the first time I sat there and watched the entire thing and OH MY GOD. It's incredible. I love how they use a paintbrush for the transitions. I LOVE that Wreck it Ralph and Brave are in it. And the Tangled part literally left tears running down my face. Preston said he was even tearing up a little bit. He loved the technical lighting side of it and thought it was incredible!!

Like... we all know I LOVED Magic, Memories, and You. But now Celebrate the Magic just holds a REALLY special place in my heart. AH I love it so much.

I HAD to get a picture with my favorite - Pluto! Gahh I love him so much.

After that we went to Tomorrowland and there was a 5 minute wait for Buzz. Obviously we HAD to go on that. It was Preston's first time on it and he BEAT ME. Curse his video game background.

I posted on twitter:
I can't believe @PrestoVision beat me on Buzz Lightyear his FIRST TIME on the ride. All of these years and built up skill mean nothing.

Then we met up with the crew! It was SPACE MOUNTAIN TIME!!!

We went on and it was seriously one of the most fun space mountain rides I ever experienced. Being on that ride with a group big enough to take up every seat in the rocket is AMAZING - especially when you're great friends from home who aren't usually in Disney all together! We were all screaming and having a BLAST!

I posted on twitter:
Seriously like I don't think there's ANYTHING better than going on Space Mountain with a huge group of crazy friends.

In these two ride pictures we all wanted to do an "awkward wink" to the camera... but it's HILARIOUS because Mark and I are the only ones who knew where the camera was. Everyone else looked the wrong way!

Then these are just frumpy:

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil:

We went on it twice, like I said. GAHH it was so fun. We also saw Lindsay doing ride photos after! I'm excited we ran into her and that she got to meet everybody!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #1162
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

March 3rd, 2013 (Part 6) - Extra Magical Magic Hours

Reentering Tomorrowland...

Then Preston and I went to Peter Pan and rode it! We ran into a group of freshman we knew from our school! I swear, EVERYONE is here this week.

Then we went back to Tomorrowland and went on Monsters Inc! That was a great attraction to watch as a group. Unfortunately none of us got chosen but we were all cracking up the whole time!

Then we were going to go on the PeopleMover but it was closed. So we headed towards Frontierland but stopped at Winnie the Pooh on the way! It was precious, obviously.

Then we went to Thunder Mountain and I told everyone about the trick of looking out of the back of the car for a more thrilling ride. It was so much fun!! We also saw the group of freshman and Keirsten and Primo there!

We went on two times in a row. Then we went to Storybook Circus and went on Dumbo! YAY CLASSICS! It was wonderful just to walk right on without a wait!

After that we went on the Barnstormer! I haven’t been on that ride since it was in Toontown, so it was great to be reunited for a good 63 seconds.

We walked into the gift shop and looked around, and then it was back to Main Street!

All of that running around and freezing our butts off made us VERY hungry. So we had a late night Casey's run!

My usual:

Preston and Matt's choice of the night:

Then we left the park! Thank GOD a bus was waiting for us when we got to the bus stop.

I got back to the room and passed out within seconds.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-13-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #1163
disneyaddict101
Mouseketeer

I'm more of a lurker but I just HAD to see if I'm the only one who sees it! Is it just me, or does Alexsander look like he'd make a not so bad Prince Eric!?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #1165
Ski Bum
Dropping In

Jess, do you have any special camera settings you use for fireworks pics? Or do you just set to auto and start blasting away? Your fireworks pics are really good, and I assume you're not using a tripod...
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #1166
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

As cold as it was, could your day have been any more perfect? Preston must have really enjoyed MK and I know being together sharing the experience made it even better for you!

I loved all of the photo's, but I think my favorite was of the whole group in front of the castle just before leaving. Everyone looks great, and the castle lit up in the background makes it a "needs to be framed" photo.

Looking forward to reading more!

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
LisaKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #1167
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

On my very first trip (it was 2 months before my 3rd birthday), the Treehouse was literally my favorite "ride." Before we left, my parents said I could pick one more ride before we went home. And I picked the Treehouse

Of course, as soon as I was done, my parents said it was time to leave and I burst into tears. Because I had to say goodbye to Mickey. Since I was so adorable (and probably because I picked the Treehouse for my last "ride") my parents took me over to Mickey's Starland and we waited to see Mickey...and I proceeded to thank him for letting me visit his home.

Clearly my Disney addiction started at a young age.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #1168
JessM
We all have a dream

Your post is really making me crave some Pooh's stuffed toast! I also love Crystal Palace, I love the pics you guys look like you had a great time!

I haven't seen the castle show in years, its now a must do for my next visit!

I'm so glad you had such a fantastic, yet cold, first day with Preston. I'm also glad to see you had such an amazing experience watching Wishes and Celebrate the Magic with Preston. My DBF and I thought that was one of the most magical experiences of our trip! They are both just that much more magical with someone to snuggle up to

Can't wait to hear more!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #1169
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Ok, add me to the mounting protesters that you should be Jasmine! I definitely think you should go to that audition!

These updates are so magical! How fun to have your love at Disney with you! My dream is to do a trip with just my husband and I...someday! I'm so glad the trip together was everything you dreamed it would be!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #1170
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Hi Jess - jumping in after reading ALL of your updates (took days! hahah) I also think you should audition for Jasmine! And don't give up! I'm a theatre director, KEEP AUDITIONING, you know how it can be a numbers game sometimes! Good luck and keep these great updates coming!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: