Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #1141
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

Jess,

I'm finally caught up! It looks like you are having a great time! My 7 year old wants to do this when she is in college. Keep up the reports and enjoy yourself. Don't worry about the negative people on here.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #1142
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I just can not with Belle's new hair. It's just so bad. It's just so. BAD. It's not just that it's bad, IT'S NOT HOW SHE DOES HER HAIR. Like I really don't understand this inconsistency that exists between park Belle and movie Belle, but whatever. And the giant earrings. I just don't even know. If they do this to Rapunzel I will kill myself. Probably not because her hair is so iconic, thank GOD.

HOW IS IT THAT YOU GOT TO GO TO THIS MAGICAL SCHOOL OF PEOPLE WHO GET TO GO TO DISNEY ALL THE TIME?! I also can't believe all your friends were cool with waking up at 6:50 AM. Like. I wish. WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE PEOPLE

Oh God, it's been way too long since I've been to Crystal Palace and these food pictures are making me SQUIRM. I am so happy we have an ADR there in May!! I hope you aren't working at that time!

Ok this http://imageshack.us/a/img254/4074/dsc0184jr.jpg is pretty much the best picture in the world. OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED.

I have to tell you... I meant to text you this but it's long so i'll just tell you here. :D My friend Gina is so excited about coming to Disney. RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED. Like, beyond. Ever since we found out about that FL resident ticket I was telling you about, she has been obsessively reading my TRs, watching Disney movies, shopping, and planning everything down to the jewelry she is going to wear with her Disney clothes. She bought me a bunch of additional birthday presents (she already had stuff for me but she is so filled with joy and excitement I guess this has driven her to shower me with gifts!!!!!!) and is planning all these surprises for me that take all this work and I am just so happy she's so happy! I have been best friends with her for 14 years and never in my life have I seen her so excited about something. EVER, like not even when we were kids. It is making me even MORE excited because her enthusiasm is contagious! Today she bought a Mickey notebook and decorated it to use as her autograph book. She's acting like a child would, and by a child I mean how you and I act. LOL. She went to WDW once when she was 5 and Disneyland for one day when she was 12, and that was only for like 6 hours. She is such a huge fan of everything Disney that the fact that she has barely been to the parks is basically a sin. SHE IS GOING TO DIE OF HAPPINESS IS MY POINT and I can't wait for us all to be there dying of happiness and excitement together!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It is now after midnight WHICH MEANS I WILL SEE YOU IN 62 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #1143
jesscahens
Hospitality worker

Good Luck with the front of the house!

Hey there Jess I am also a Jess working front of the house at a hotel just not at Disney...

I have to say I am relatively new to these disboards, I usually read not post. But when I heard about this thread on the podcast I had to check it out. Then when I read you were working at a Hotel I was hooked. I also work at a hotel in a similar situation, "the sweetest place on earth" there's a hint...lol. They are only similar in that there is an amusement park and some hotels in the same area with some rich history but you would be surprised how often we hear "but at Disney you can do...." And I have to say I am already amazed/jealous with the training Disney gave you and that there is still training to come.
I will defiantly be continuing to read to do some more comparing and contrasting. So bring on all those guest interactions.
And because I'm taking my first Christmas trip with my GF in Dec and will be taking notes on food and things to do.

So I just wanted to say good luck! And if and when you do get the guest that just cannot be pleased, just remember all the peoples days you've made already, Which CANNOT be hard in Disney...lol And remember the good ones always out weigh the cranky...lol
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #1144
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

love the updates
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #1145
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Geez your excitement is infectious. Not like disease infectious, more like .... giggling fit contagious.

I just got back from a Disneyland trip (have you ever been? If not, you should) and I've been reading your college trip report to get rid of the Disney blues.

It sounds like your having an incredible time! And how jealous am I that I was too dumb to do the college program??

Also, you work at my favorite resort!!

It took about 6 other different resorts, but I finally landed on Coronado Springs as my fav resort. Doesn't hurt that I love the 3 Caballeros, and also that donkey in the gift shop is the cutest donkey ever. A giant close up of his face is actually my laptop background right now.

I don't think I am going to WDW again until October, so I will not get to see you working my fav resort. But it sounds like you are having a blast.

So. jealous. of. your. life. right. now.

Last edited by OhioStateBuckeye; 03-11-2013 at 12:23 PM.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #1146
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye
Geez your excitement is infectious. Not like I disease infectious, more like .... giggling fit contagious.
I could not agree more!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

chrisc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #1147
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Loving the Spring Break updates!! I am so happy you and Preston got to experience the magic together!! You are doing so awesome with keeping up with your TR too...it's amazing! I love reading bc it gets me even MORE excited (if that's even possible) for our May trip!! Only 60 days to go!! We are staying at AoA but I hope to have a second to stop by Coronado and say Hi!!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #1148
DisneyMom0115
Earning My Ears

Jess! Thank you so much for posting your entire experience on this platform! It is truly amazing and so impressive! I look forward to every new posting and absolutely appreciate all the work that you put in it, KUDOS! Just wanted to mention that throughout all your character meet and greets, I have seen 2 characters (that you have seen)during my trip in December - the perfect Aladdin and the Belle at Enchanted Tales (when you went w/ your BF and friends)! Thought that was pretty cool! Thank you for being so gracious and allowing us to see your journey and experiences (good and bad)! You're going to be an amazing cast member (post college )!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #1149
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I want some of the Beautifully Disney line SO BAD. I am SO sad it is only for Limited Time Magic. ):

Dying over your pizza from Wolfgang Puck. SO YUMMY.

Disney Quest seems…interesting. I don’t know if I would go or not. Maybe one trip sometime!

Wow only 20 MINUTES for TSM?! That’s a shocker.

Oh my GOD. The suites at AoA are just outstanding. WOW.

FOOD OVERLOAD.

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful meal! Chef Mickey’s is awesome. The end.

The Welcome Show = SOBBING.

Pooh’s Puffed French toast>>>>>>

All of your pictures of DAWM are killing me. SO MUCH LOVE.

Lovin’ these updates so much!

P.S. Congrats on thread of the month AGAIN! You deserve it!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #1150
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

Jess...I don't know you...yet, I feel like you could be ME...if I had been able to take advantage of my love for Disney and the college program about 25 years ago...we ARE the same! I am enjoying your TR....food and ALL! I love hearing your experience in this program...very interesting...and my son is a 20 yr old college soph majoring in PRTM....I can't help but hope something like what you are doing would be of interest to him...I am sold on anything Disney sells...even those that don't continue on as CM I honestly believe their training and experience will give them a boost in anything they do post the program! I look forward to your updates....best of luck and continued success and making magic for your guests! I'll be @Disney in July...I'll certainly be thinking about you...and on the look out for you!
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #1151
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i am completely convinced that Mark should join the Dis and tell us all about his adventures as a dcp too!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #1152
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins
i am completely convinced that Mark should join the Dis and tell us all about his adventures as a dcp too!!!
Agreed!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #1153
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins
Quote:
Originally Posted by threedisprincesses

Agreed!
Mark is on the dis! He commented a few times toward the beginning! I believe his username is his initials, but not sure exactly what it is at the moment.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #1154
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I just enjoy reading about your experiences so much. You are truly a great ambassador for Disney. You and Preston are just too adorable together. So glad you got to have that experience.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #1155
bearsgirl
Earning My Ears

Can't wait for the next installment of Spring Break--Frump Style!
bearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: