Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #1051
G2MAmber
Work at Gateway To Magic

I just love your trip reports! They are so great! Love all the pics!!! Makes me happy to see bits of Disney!!

Enjoy your man!!
January 2015 Half Marathon Bay Lake Tower | December 2014 Old Key West | November 2014 Earmarked Conference Coronado Springs | September 2013 Boardwalk - Wilderness Lodge Villas - Polynesian |November 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 2011 Caribbean Beach| March 2009 Boardwalk Villas & Pop Century | February 2008 Disney Cruise | March 2007 Old Key West | July 2006 Boardwalk Villas -Honeymoon
G2MAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #1052
Vinnya1726
Earning My Ears

Your reports are Magical. Enjoy this great experience.
July 07 - Pop Century
DS First Visit
July 11 - Port of Orleans - French Quarter
DD First Visit
August 10 - First Trip as DVC Owners
AKL
Beach Club - With DBIL/DSIL
Bay Lake Tower - With DBIL/DSIL
Vinnya1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #1053
thebyrdwoman
Earning My Ears

So exciting!!! I remember when my now-husband came to visit me about a month into my CP and it was SUCH a fun trip!

It's great that Preston is so supportive of you following your dreams and doing the program -- sounds like a keeper to me!

HAVE FUN!

thebyrdwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1054
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hi Jess,
This is my first ever post on the DIS. I had originally intended to have my first post be a trip report (something you and many others have inspired) since I thought that would be cool. Then I just read about some making unkind comments and I decided that I wanted my first post here.

I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for sharing your experiences and being so open about it. Your not only inspiring those your own age, but those of us who are slightly older as well, who get to live vicariously though your adventures.

Have a great vacation. We'll be waiting for you when you get back.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #1055
Illuminations_Rocks
The tan towels from HSN are also like crack

Just read all about your adventures thus far! Thank you for sharing your experiences during your CP. It's pretty fun to imagine what it would've been like had I been a Disneyphile in college (sadly I fell in love with WDW shortly after graduating - thanks to my boyfriend-now-husband of 4 1/2 years' love of Disney).
Sorry that some people feel the need to say unkind words. As you are well aware by others comments by now, most do not think such cruel things and are thankful for you taking so much time out of your busy days (and hanging out in the parks counts!!!) to give the rest of us something to live vicariously through!!
Oct 1991 offsite Easter 1999 ASMu Aug 2006 POFQ Jan 2007 OKW Sept 2008 BC Disneymoon! Aug 2009 BWV Jan 2011 OKW Nov 2011 SSR/OKW Dec 2012 BCV April 2013 offsite Sept 2013 BWV for our 5 year anniversary!
DLR - several day trips in 2007, overnights Aug 23-25 '07 at DLH (got engaged!), Nov 15-17 '07 at HoJo's ... BLT owners!
Illuminations_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #1056
annabanna
Mouseketeer

I haven't posted on any of your reports, but I follow them religously. I love reading about your experiences, they sound so incredible.
I just got back on Friday. I was there for the Princess Half. I went down to the front desk area to see if you were there, but I didn't see you. We were in a hurry, so I didn't stay long enough to ask for you.
But, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your life, you are an inspiration to many people. Don't let the judgemental get you down, it's not worth your time to worry about it.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #1057
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Jess, I'm so sorry you felt you had to justify any of the choices you have been making while you have been doing your DCP! I don't always get a chance to comment here, but between your TR and Twitter, but I can tell you are doing an AMAZING job as being a CM and enjoying your time in Disney! Isn't that what doing the DCP is all about? To work for this WONDERFUL, inspiring company, learn everything you possibly can, and when you have free time, play in the parks? There is NOTHING wrong with that! That is exactly what I would be doing if I lived and worked there! I just don't get how anyone could have a problem with it! I'm so glad that you take the time to update here, your experiences all sound so magical, it's just so annoying that few people can't get past their jealousy and feel the need to try to bring you down!

I really think you have the best job in Disney! I think if I ever worked there, I'd want to be at the front desk at a resort, it must be SO wonderful to get to help people at the beginning of their vacations!

I hope you have a fantastic vacation with your boyfriend and friends from school, you deserve it!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #1058
erinlovesmickey
Earning My Ears

Have an awesome week with your boyfriend and friends!!
I heard it's pretty chilly there...hopefully it'll warm up!!
erinlovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #1059
katt789
DIS Veteran

I love Pizza Planet! And Disney pizza, yum!! Didnít manage to have any this last trip, trying to stay healthy haha!

I havenít gone on the backlot tour in so long!! We walked through the area with all the props and costumes while we were there, but that was it, I thought thatís where Iíd seen costumes from Once Upon A Time, but they werenít there anymore, sad!

I absolutely love the Hoop De Doo food!! Itís so tasty, and so much fun too!! I think we had pretty much the same cast last April, minus the two in purple, although the girl in purple looks a lot like one of the girls from Disney Channel Rocks last week!

That rain was not fun!! Iím really glad we managed to get in to the lobby of Tower of Terror when it started! Yay for meeting, and boo for managing to not get a picture, haha! Sucks that I couldnít hang out any longer, but even when I did get back the crowd had already gone in for Fantasmic and Paige was stuck without me, eek! Mark has so many friends already, thatís so great!! I still wonder if he was the Ralph we met!

I canít stand most of the QS places in DHS, Iíll be hopping over to Epcot/other area resorts from now on for food! Haha!

I definitely have to say that some of the comments youíve gotten Iím sure are just absurd, and totally uncalled for, I would MUCH rather see a Disney employee spreading the magic and spending the time in the parks, using the fact that they live on property, and are that close to the full advantage. I have to say, if I was down there, there are definitely things I would be doing before/after my shifts, and probably even on days off, itís an amazing place, and you only get to be there for so long, Iím glad youíre taking advantage of it! Iíd rather see that than someone who sits at home doing nothing during their spare time!

I am so incredibly excited for you and Preston and friends to all be in Disney together, and Iím so excited to read all about it, I know it definitely is going to be an amazing trip for all of you and Iím so happy that you get to spend a week in the parks with someone you love! Yay!! Have a magical week!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #1060
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to send some hugs. I'm sorry you were being judged. I, for one, am so envious and wish I would have down something so awesome during college! I love the relationship you have with your mom, and hope my daughter and I will be as close as she grows older.

I hope you are enjoying your special trip with Preston! Can't wait to read all about it and get my Disney fix- October is so far away!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #1061
JulieHW
Earning My Ears

Love reading your trip report! Wondering, what did your Nana eat at Hoop Dee Doo? My son can't have gluten, so we avoided this place thinking none of it was gluten free.

Thanks! Enjoy your vacation! And visitors!!
JulieHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #1062
astephen2
Earning My Ears

Hey there,

Long time, first time. I've been lurking these boards forever and your trip report finally made me post something!

I was accepted into the Spring 2013 CP for Attractions and ended up turning it down. Looking at your experience, I have to say I regret that just a little bit. It looks like you're having a blast working and playing at Disney. Hope the rest of the CP is just as magical.

Not quite your department, but do you know anything about the Engineering Professional Internships?
astephen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #1063
bostonminnie
Mouseketeer

Love reading about all your adventures! Thank you for sharing

bostonminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #1064
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Have fun on vacation!! We'll be in WDW on Wednesday.

The third timeís the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #1065
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Have a fab holiday, we can't wait to hear all about it x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: