Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #616
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Jess, I love your updates! I usually just read, but I had to comment because we are headed down to the World in May, and it will be the first trip for my two little princesses! They'll be 5 and 3 (almost 4) when we arrive, and your story about Meredith just pulled at my heart strings! My eyes are tearing up, and I'm going to turn into a blubbery mess soon. Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope we encounter CM's during our trip with the same wonderful attitude you have!

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #617
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

My DD and I were at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday morning and we couldn't believe the crowds!!! Added to the fact that Space Mountain was down part of the morning, and Big Thunder was down every time we checked, made for not the best last few hours of our trip!! But we made the best of it anyway!! Congrats on the recognition, and GOOD LUCK on your audition!! I have a feeling you will do amazing!!

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
cjhinch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #618
Skybabyy
In my Laughing Place

Reading this report is just the best!!! You are so awesome, keep living the dream!! <3

Meredith story = LOVE
Skybabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #619
disneydrumdad
Earning My Ears

OK....I know....I'm really bad at being a "lurker" ever since I joined this board. But, I had to come out of hiding to say that your trip reports the the BEST. I look forward to reading them every day.
disneydrumdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #620
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

That's awesome way to go!!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #621
zipadeepixie
Earning My Ears

Subbing! This is soooo interesting. Thanks for taking the time to share. I know it’s a lot of work but we all appreciate it!
zipadeepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #622
zipadeepixie
Earning My Ears

woops! Now im subbing!
zipadeepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #623
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying reading about your adventures! I need to go back and read your trip reports as I'm sure they are just as much fun as this one Wish I had known about this program when I was in college!
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #624
chchch Chip & Dale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
February 7-10th, 2013 - Finishing Up Front Desk Training!

February 10th, 2013

Today was my first day without a trainer. This was a BIG DAY. And the good news? It went SO MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT!

I started off my shift and checked in guest after guest. We had almost a completely full resort today - it was PACKED.

I began working and my FSA asked if I was done with training. I told her yes and she was like "YOU'RE ONE OF US NOW! Take that red ribbon off!" So as far as Front Desk.... I EARNED MY EARS!

The best moment of my day, though, was when this young family came up to my counter to check-in. They had an adorable 4-year-old daughter who was wearing a Minnie Mouse shirt. It was her first visit to Disney World!!

They sat the little girl up on the counter and I said, "hi, princess!" She then said to me, "my name's not princess, it's Meredith." TOO CUTE.

So I proceeded with the check-in and asked Meredith if she was excited to be in Disney! She had SO much energy and was practically jumping out of her skin!

When the machine was cutting the keys, I went in the back and created a little surprise for Meredith. I got her a purple princess balloon, a Minnie Mouse photo, and a 1st visit button.

I brought it out to the front desk and her eyes got SO BIG. She yelled "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!" and got SO incredibly excited. That was honestly one of the most magical moments I have ever had in my life. It was such a special moment and I'm so happy I got to be apart of it.

A little while later, a co-worker named Tyler came up to me with a GSF card and told me that he saw the whole thing happen. He thought I completely deserved one because he never saw a little girl get so excited before!

GSF cards are like "great service fanatic" cards that cast members receive when they do something magical. If a guest tells a manager about something good that we do or if a fellow CM see something he/she thinks is great, we are awarded with GSF cards! They are really wonderful and I think it's a fantastic way for us to keep working towards making every moment magical!

I thanked Tyler SO MUCH and thought that was so incredibly nice of him to do. I couldn't believe that it was my first day without a trainer and I got a GSF card. I am so incredibly happy to be here. You know that if something that good happens right off the bat that I'm doing the right thing.

Jess,
I am a recent subscriber to this thread and I have absolutely loved reading about your adventures! I have recently caught up on some of your earlier excursions with your family and friends. Your stories are fantastic! Congrats on a fantastic first day!!
I love hearing your stories about CSR because I will be visiting there in mid-August. We just booked our standard rooms. Any tips you can give for more novice planner?
Jan 8-12 '97 Caribbean Beach with my family / March 1-4'11 off-site & WL with friend and her family / Aug 13-20 '13 CSR with friend and her family / June 19-30 '14 BW with friend and her family again!!
chchch Chip & Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #625
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Hello! I just wanted to stop in to say I was reading along and I am loving this TR! I told my husband when we were in college we should have done DCP but we never had a semester to do it and now after reading this I am regretting that decision. I read along with your other TRs as well. Break a leg at auditions on Friday. I think I read that you were doing that.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #626
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I looked for you the other day. We were there getting pressed pennies. Sounds like your having a blast.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #627
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Congrats on finishing your Front Desk training! That is so great about the GSF card, they can be hard to come by (at least on attractions). What a cute story! DD4 would be over the moon with excitement if that happen to her!

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #628
amos07
Mouseketeer

Jess, I have read through tons of trip reports (well I guess I should say attempted) and very few of them are able to keep me coming back to see updates. Your's are always so exciting to read and it's so fun to see Disney through your eyes. So glad you got thread of the month because you deserve it!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #629
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by chchch Chip & Dale

Jess,
I am a recent subscriber to this thread and I have absolutely loved reading about your adventures! I have recently caught up on some of your earlier excursions with your family and friends. Your stories are fantastic! Congrats on a fantastic first day!!
I love hearing your stories about CSR because I will be visiting there in mid-August. We just booked our standard rooms. Any tips you can give for more novice planner?
Thank you so much for your kind words!
The best tip I can give you is to ask questions while you're here. The majority of CMs would LOVE to help you if you want to learn more about the parks.
Also, make sure you have your dining reservations made ahead of time! Look on the food pictures thread for lots of photos to help decide where to go!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #630
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Another fan joining in. Thanks so much for all of your writing! Love your energy & enthusiasm!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: