Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #556
pegrad1
Earning My Ears

My daughter is a junior in hs & is looking at colleges. She will have her first trip to The World in April & I can't imagine her not falling in love with it! Maybe one day she will get into this program. Is it weird that I'm thinking, that would be so cool?!
Thanks for the great read...pretty sure I'm addicted!

pegrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #557
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Loved the updates... I just think it's so awesome that whenever you get the desire, you can just hop in your car and head to a park to have dinner... So jealous!!! And it looks like your group always has the most fun together!

Congratulations on being "thread of the month" - I honestly didn't know there was such a thing. Totally cool.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #558
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited you received Thread of the Month! You seriously deserve it.

I'm just sitting here, bracing myself for the Nor'easter. No one's mad. While it's dumping 2' of snow, I'll have time to catch up on DisUnplugged and hear about your honor!

I hope you have lots of pixie dust at your audition this morning! You are such a princess.

Thanks for sharing your updates and wonderful pictures. I feel like I'm there. I love that the concierge CM who helped to melt away your stress on day one is named Minnie! Of course the pistachio gelato at Via Napoli didn't hurt either. Knowing you, you'll catch on quickly and be an amazing CM in no time.

I'm so happy you'll be surrounded by family, friends and Preston reeaaalll soon!!! I know they will be so happy to see you and share the magic with you too.

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #559
FancyNancy
Princess

I know I haven't been commenting much but I'm popping in to wish you good luck on the auditions. You definitely should be cast as a princess!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #560
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great updates & congrats on being thread of the month! When I heard that on the podcast, I squeed for you a little because I was so excited that I knew that they were talking about this thread. How exciting!!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #561
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardLarz View Post
I would advise you to cut you postings down to a couple of times a week. Soon you'll be to busy to do everyday post especially if you want the chance to make the connections so you'll be able to come back in 2 yrs after you graduate and get a Full-time job with WDW.
Real question here. How does her making post everday stop her from making connections? You sit down spend 30 mins writing up your days events and go on.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #562
Zarabear
Mouseketeer

Just sat down and read the WHOLE thread.

Wanted to post up, even though I"m usually a lurker and say...

You know you have a ton of people here on the boards cheering you on this morning! Break a leg girl!

~Zara
Zarabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #563
debfen
Earning My Ears

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your "trip report"! Thank you for taking the time and posting about your adventure into the WDW life. I applaud you for taking the step to follow your dream. So many young people don't. This is your opportunity, enjoy it and grab those dreams! So, go out and try for that character position! You'd be great at it! And again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

debfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #564
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears

Congrats on being Thread of the Month!
I saw the ribbon on here...Supercool!
After reading about the Nutella waffle I made them at home and while I'm sure it's nowhere near as good as a MK one it was pretty delicious.
I'm really enjoying reading your updates and am always anxious for the next one!

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010
heatherlekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #565
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy

Real question here. How does her making post everday stop her from making connections? You sit down spend 30 mins writing up your days events and go on.
Thank you
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #566
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Love your fancy new badge. I have read every one of your trip reports and they are all fun. I'm surprised you didn't get the award sooner.

JoshMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #567
michpoit
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on being the Thread of The Month. I have read all of yours and Kristen's trip reports and love them. I am especially interested in this trip report because my son applied to and was accepted into Niagara's Hospitality program and he also wants to apply to the Disney College program in his Sophomore year. It is so great to hear about all of your adventures!

OKW & BLT 8/14; AKV 6/14; SSR & Disney Fantasy 8/13; Daytona, Royal Pacific, OKW 7/12; Disney Dream & VWL 8/11; BLT 8/10; AKV 8/09; Disney Magic & Disneyland 8/08; CBR & OKW 8/07; VWL, Disney Magic & AKL 7/06; BCV 7/05; Offsite, Disney Magic & AKL 7/04; VWL 11/03;BCV 11/02; Disney Magic & VWL 10/01; WL 11/99; DL 11/97; CBR 4/96; Contemporary 9/93; Off-Site 1984

michpoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #568
michpoit
Mouseketeer

Oops! My message posted twice

OKW & BLT 8/14; AKV 6/14; SSR & Disney Fantasy 8/13; Daytona, Royal Pacific, OKW 7/12; Disney Dream & VWL 8/11; BLT 8/10; AKV 8/09; Disney Magic & Disneyland 8/08; CBR & OKW 8/07; VWL, Disney Magic & AKL 7/06; BCV 7/05; Offsite, Disney Magic & AKL 7/04; VWL 11/03;BCV 11/02; Disney Magic & VWL 10/01; WL 11/99; DL 11/97; CBR 4/96; Contemporary 9/93; Off-Site 1984

michpoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #569
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Your confidence to follow your dreams is heartwarming. I hope to see my own three girls follow what ever dreams they have with the confidence you are showing! I would especially enjoy living vicariously through any of their Disney dreams! : ) no pressure on them...

A few questions:
-Do they give any advice or suggestions about giving out "pixie dust"? Do you have a "allotted" amount or certain things you can do as a CM?
-Do you have a discount at the restaurants?
-Do you have to go to costuming every day before work?

Sorry if these are silly. And please don't answer anything you're not supposed to answer. I am so fascinated by this whole experience!

Hope your audition went great!!! You were born to work for Disney!!!

Tia!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #570
rileyroosmom
DIS Veteran

I have read all your trip reports and this is the first time I am posting. I have enjoyed all of your reports. Congratulations for following your dream! I'm really enjoying reading about your new adventure.
My dd12 saw me reading your report one day. She has read them all and loves all your reports too. She now wants to do the CP when she goes to college, in six years! lol
Good luck with your audition and congrats on "thread of the month"!
Can't wait to read more!
November 2004 - Coronado Springs
May/June 2005 - Polynesian
May/June 2006 - POFQ
April 2008 - Pop Century
November 2009 - ASMU - free dinning!
November 2012 - Bonnet Creek
rileyroosmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: