Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #541
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing

I feel like I'm living this with you!! I will hopefully be doing the DCP within the next five years. (I'm a HS junior!)

Break a leg in your audish!!!!

If you could, can you please tell me more about this Hospitality class at Disney? That's one of my possibly future majors, so I'm very curious!!
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW

rachelmarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #542
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?

Yay for you chasing (and catching) the dream! You might as well just sign up for classes at a neighboring university -- after a taste of having Mickey as your boss, you'll never leave. : )
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #543
disneyaddict101
Mouseketeer

I just love all your trip reports! You always sound a lot like me when I'm talking about Disney! Reading gets you so pumped to go again haha! I love how you and your friends are Disney crazy! No one around here seems to be as Disney crazy as me! So glad theres people on Dis who are like me!:D
Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #544
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hi Jess!!! I've followed along on many of your reports in the past and love them! I heard on the Dis Podcast Video that your thread was #1 for the month and I'm checking it out!! My BFF works at CSR as rooms ready so I'm sure you've met her already!! I'm staying at CSR next week for Valentine's Day so I'll be sure to find you!!! Great report so far! I'm glad your dreams are coming true as well like mine did 5 years ago!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #545
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Even though your first day was stressful, I know it will get better! I think once you train more, get to know the resort, everything will go smoothly

I wish I could just say “I feel like going to Via Napoli tonight” and then just going. You have the most perfect life.

I am very glad work went much better

I have never tired Panera’s bagels before. That chocolate chip one looks so good!

I think taking a Hospitality Management class would be a lot of fun. I think that is what I want to go to college for so taking those classes would be great.

You and Lindsay look perfect in your crowns, since you guys are princesses and all.

Wishes in New Fantasyland is incredible. ♥

Those Haunted Mansion pins you got are AWESOME. I love the mystery pin boxes.

I listen to the DISunplugged every single week and I am SOOOOOOO happy that you are the thread of the month. What Pete said about you is so true and you deserve this! Congrats, Jess!

And good luck at your face audition!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #546
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

the DIS CP Girl!

Good luck next week on the audition. I would advise you to cut you postings down to a couple of times a week. Soon you'll be to busy to do everyday post especially if you want the chance to make the connections so you'll be able to come back in 2 yrs after you graduate and get a Full-time job with WDW.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #547
heathsf
DIS Veteran

See, I told you you're a disboards celebrity!! Congrats on thread of the month!!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #548
sue_88
DIS veteran

Yay! Glad you got recognition for your superb reporting skills. And then you gave all the credit to your readers and adoring fans. That right there is why you are doing so well. You are a nice person who sees the big picture and wants everyone to be happy. That's why it is so fun to read about all your adventures. Nice people rule.

And the text from Preston is adorable!!! He rocks for being so supportive.

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #549
Pixie*Pirate
It IS the happiest place on earth!

Congratulations on thread of the month and good luck at the audition, I know you'll be great! Oh, and congrats on the 1 year anniversary!
Can't wait for more reports.

Pixie*Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #550
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin all the updates. Congrats on getting thread of the month. I didn't even know someone could get thread of the month!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #551
disneycat321
Mouseketeer

I'm a newbie to DIS, and I've been reading through all of your TRs (which I LOVE), including this one. I just think you're adorable and I *LOVE* your enthusiasm and sweet attitude about everything! Congratulations on DCP; I'll continue following along as you keep living your dream!
2009-2014 SoCal local DLR AP holders
disneycat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #552
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Wait am I being put in a drawing for a gift card? I'm not really sure how it works because they cut themselves off before they explained it.
I listened again(beginning at 56:45) and I don't think it will be a "drawing",because Pete says they will "AWARD" the Thread of the Year.

I "think" that means Pete and the gang will determine the winner in the same way they are determining Thread of the Month winners.

I HOPE I haven't "misinterpeted" who will be eligible for Thread of the Year recognition!

I am just "assuming" they will choose the single best Thread of the 12 Threads of the Month to be awarded the Thread of the Year because how could a Thread that wasn't even a Thread of the Month be awarded Thread of the Year-wouldn't be logical.

Pete didn't EXPLICITY say that only Threads of the Month would be eligible for Thread of the Year,but,in the context of the discussion,I "think" it was IMPLICITY said.

My "GUESS" is that,since the TOTM winners will receive special TOTM Icons,the winner of TOTY will have their TOTM Icon replaced with a TOTY Icon-how cool would that be!?!

I am going to feel SO bad if I didn't "read" what Pete said correctly,but I think(and HOPE!) I did.

BOTTOM LINE,no matter what happens,for all of us who follow your DCP Diary,this will be OUR Thread of the Year!!!!

By the way,I agree about the "scenery" in Italy!!!!

Last edited by WEDWDW; 02-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #553
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

Aweeee, Congrats to you and Preston!!!

That's AWESOME on being thread of the month

I want a Nutella waffle SOOOOOOOOOO bad ( I've been making my own at home, but I'm sure those at Disney are way better)

I can't wait to hear about the new MyDisney when it's released!!
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #554
Rosiekins
Is going to Disney World!!

http://screenrant.com/ben-savage-dan...l-meets-world/

Thought you might find this interesting since you are dating Corey Mathews and all!

DH Me Baylor Smumbert

Etsy ID: BabyBadger
Rosiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #555
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Happy anniversary Jess & Preston! And many, many more!

I think I like learning about your job even more than reading about your park adventures! And I truly love and do enjoy your accounts of your park days, but it's just so interesting to read about something that I have zero experience in myself! I love reading about "the other side" of Disney and hearing it from a CM's perspective.

Also congratulations on this being named thread of the month! That's so awesome and a real testament to how well you are documenting your experiences

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: