Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #436
ChiBub
Mouseketeer

You may not be able to answer but I have to ask -- now that you've done the check-in training, what is the method behind the madness of getting upgraded?! Do you have discretion to do it any time there are rooms available?

Loving your enthusiasm even just for training, it kicks off my work day right and makes me try to have that much energy for what I do!
ChiBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #437
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBub
You may not be able to answer but I have to ask -- now that you've done the check-in training, what is the method behind the madness of getting upgraded?! Do you have discretion to do it any time there are rooms available?

Loving your enthusiasm even just for training, it kicks off my work day right and makes me try to have that much energy for what I do!
The only way to get upgraded is if they overbook the type of room you reserved. There's really no secret to it! It would be completely by chance.
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #438
spodie
Mouseketeer

Hi Jess! I'm Allyson's sister! I dug up my profile that I've used before and am getting VERY addicted to the boards. I'm enjoying your updates SO much - they are getting my super-pumped for my trip down there in a couple of weeks!

I hope that you guys are having a BLAST down there and hopefully our paths will cross when I come down to visit! YAY!! :D
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #439
erinlovesmickey
Earning My Ears

I am so jealous!! I am a junior in college now and am hoping to do the DCP soon. You're making me want to be there right now (and I just got back 2 weeks ago!)
erinlovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #440
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Sorry I haven't been posting as much, but let me just say this TR is going AMAZINGLY! I wish I were there for Long Lost Friends Week (although I have met Robin Hood, the Sheriff, Prince John, Scrooge McDuck, Pinocchio and Jiminy on previous trips) cause it looked awesome! Also, I have yet to see Beauty and the Beat, but I will soon!

Can't wait for the next update, Jess! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #441
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I am so happy you will get to stay at the Wilderness! That is my all time favorite resort. And my DVC home! The DIS actually just posted this today: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/02/01/7...derness-lodge/
I’m sure that will get you excited (:

Oh my GOD. You are staying at some amazing resorts soon! The suites at AoA look amazing. I want to stay in one so bad!

I wish they sold that shirt you got in the parks! I would so buy it.

I would LOVE to have the Premium or Platinum plans one day! I mean, you have UNLIMITED TOURS with the Platinum. That would be amazing. I mean, you could have it for one night, do everything you wanted, and then switch over to the regular plan. I seriously might have to do that in the future!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #442
CSwan1
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! We are hoping to stay at CSR in July- will you still be there??
Past Disney Vacations:May 2006 WDW POR & Disney Wonder 3 Day with My Disney Fairytale Wedding May 2008 WDW AKL & Disney Wonder 4 DayJuly 2010 WDW SSR June 2011 Disney World June 26th, 2011 Disney DREAMAugust 2012 Disney World at the Art of Animation Resort October 2012 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Our First MNSSHP
My First Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831750[/COLOR]
CSwan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #443
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I "think" today was your last day at Disney University so CONGRATULATIONS on finishing Front Desk Training!!!!

I heard you were going to celebrate at Victoria and Alberts.

Wow!What awesome Resort choices!

BWI,WL,AoA-to paraphrase the great Resort TV Frump Stacey,that's a TRIPLE RESORT WHAMMY!!!!

I bet you can't wait to go onstage!!!!

The VERY first time you check a Guest in is going to be such an exciting event for you-I am sure you will remember those particular Guests for the rest of your Disney career!

And also what an honor for them to be the first Guests checked in by the future President of The Walt Disney World Resort!

GO DCP Moms!

Go Mark!

Go Baloo!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #444
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I think reading your TR is going to help me deal with the fact that I am now at home and not at Disney. I am seriously SO SO happy that things worked out and we were actually able to hang out for awhile at Disney =) And YAY that things have been going so well with your training and the start of your DCP!

BTW - that t-shirt is AWESOME.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #445
vyse22
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say hi and that it sounds amazing. Also the TOT pic was awesome. I dream of working at Disney all the time and it is nice to get to hear about it first hand while it is happening. Good luck and I can't wait to read more.
April 2013 Old Key West
vyse22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #446
Jenn51421
Earning My Ears

I'm all caught up! Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us!!! :-)

Jenn51421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #447
Flower1
Earning My Ears

I'm subscribing. Your updates are so fun.
Flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #448
lablady
Mouseketeer

I'm having so much fun reading all about your adventures! Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that you have decided to print all these great reports in a book once you are done. It'll be an amazing memory that you can share! Can't wait to hear more!

<Shawna>
lablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #449
markay714
Earning My Ears

I've enjoyed reading about your adventures too! Didn't become a Disney fan until the last year when my two kids and I got annual passes and made good use of them. Know we'll be doing that some other years too! Will be fun to watch your journey there working AND playing!
markay714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #450
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Jess, I'm so glad that you're sharing this WONDERFUL experience with us! I've been in lurkdom on your trips reports for awhile and have enjoyed every minute of them! I've learned so much from your experiences and feel as though I've actually watched you grow up on the disboards! I know that your parents must be so proud of you because I'm a total stranger and I am! Anyhow, enjoy every second of your DCP and know that your avid readers are here cheering you on! BTW, I was so excited for you having been assigned to CSR! It's my favorite mod resort! My sons and I will be staying there at the end of Sept. so we'll just miss you! Oh well, maybe we'll see you in the parks one day! Hugs to you girl!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: