Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #421
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

easywdw has a really nice photo tour for CSR today in case you haven't seen it.
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...rt/#more-10437
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #422
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

January 30th, 2013 - Front Desk Training Day 2

Today was front desk training Day 2.

During my lunch break, my Mom and I were figuring out what resort they were going to stay at in February! For the first portion of our stay, my Mom’s friend had to get rid of some DVC points (unfortunately for medical reasons) so my family bought them and we are staying at the Boardwalk for four nights! Then, since my Nana is making this big trip down to Florida, they wanted to extend it for four MORE nights! I was able to book them.... WILDERNESS LODGE!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I have wanted to stay there SO BAD ever since the day I left back in 7th grade. I’M SO EXCITED TO GO BACK!! DREAM COME TRUE EEEEP!!

After training, I went back to my apartment and looked around and decided I needed to CLEAN.

Then after putting my clothes in the dryer, I BOOKED THE RESORT FOR WHEN PRESTON COMES DOWN!!!!!!!!! We have a group of five actually – Preston, Matt, Karen, Alexander, and me!

And guess where we’re staying!?

A LION KING SUITE AT ART OF ANIMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when I was booking that, Mark came in my room. Mark told me we were going to Betty’s to have dinner! Betty is Mark’s friend that he made on the DCP facebook group. She is a Mom but she wanted to come back and live her dream by doing the DCP!

We went over and chatted with her and her roommate Antoinetta. They live over in Chatham. They had orange chicken for us and it was really good! Antoinetta’s husband actually made it and left it for them to eat, so they had plenty to share.

We had a wonderful time talking to them! We chatted about our jobs, I helped Betty pick a Traditions outfit and we told them lots of tips about Disney! It was so much fun. We could have talked for hours!

Around 9 o’clock we said goodbye. I had to pick up my laundry from the dryer. I came back and folded the laundry, wrote this update, and went to bed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 31st, 2013 - Front Desk Training Day 3

Today was day three of front desk training! Class was done at 5 o’clock. ONE MORE TO GO!! I drove to Publix after work and got some Yogurts and cereal because I’m already running out of those. It’s hard when you have 6 people and one fridge… I can’t buy that much food at one time!

I went over to Mark's for a little bit. I wanted to get some dinner and Sammie Jo had tons of Brunswick Stew for us to eat! So we had a little family dinner and ate all together. (minus Maria because she’s working until 10 pm) It was EXTREMELY good. Yum.

After that we just hung out and talked. We watch Beauty and the Beat because it’s a CLASSIC. (search it on youtube if you haven’t seen it. FUNNIEST VIDEO EVER.)

So pretty much now we’re just chilling. I have one more day of front desk classroom training tomorrow and then I get to move over to Coronado! WOOHOO! I want to celebrate tomorrow night after work with Disney food. We will see where we end up going...!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 10-20-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #423
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Wow you are learning so much already! It's awesome that it is fast paced though, because you get into your resort faster and (if you are anything like me, anyway) it's easier to learn when you are actually doing vs learning in a classroom. I think it's awesome how they encourage the CP's to really go after what they would like to specialize in - like, you want to plan itineraries, we'll make sure you learn that skill. It's just great that you can really customize your experience as much (or as little) as you want to.

Hope you are having fun!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #424
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Training sounds like a lot of fun, even if it is hard work! You'll love AoA, the exhibits there are amazing. Lion Kiiinnggg ♥

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #425
sue_88
DIS veteran

I'm enjoying! Thanks for the update.
Wow, sounds like you have some great resorts to look forward to!!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #426
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg thats so awesome I hope you get to do everything you want while you're there!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #427
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Now, WAIT A MINUTE !
Did you say that there are Moms doing the DCP?

I want to be a Mom doing the DCP.
My dream is for my hubby and I to retire someday and move to Florida, so I can work at Disneyworld !

Love, love, loving your experience !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
LuvindisCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #428
katt789
DIS Veteran

Man it sounds like even the training at Disney is awesome and fun, haha, I’m so glad you get to be part of the check in experience, it really is a fantastic one for every family that comes in!

AHHH AS IF!!! I’M SO JEALOUS!! I’ve been dying to stay at a Lion King Suite since they announced them, it just looks like it would be so awesome and amazing and I WOULD DIIIEEEEE. (I’m totally hopping over to the WDW website to check for any discounts I might be able to get, ACK, I cannot wait to be a cast member…if I just keep saying that it’ll happen, right?!)

Ahhh!! MARK GETS TO HANG OUT WITH BALOO?!?! I am dying here, seriously, your life is amazing, you know so many fantastic people and get to experience so much wicked awesome stuff. You are great.

That’s great that you got the time off you needed when Preston is down, yay! 6 people in one fridge must be insane! Are you allowed to have a little mini fridge at all? I think I’d need one, I eat so much fresh food I just wouldn’t be able to fit it, heck, I live with 2 girls now and there’s no room in the fridge!

Yay for almost being done training!! I almost wish I had booked in at CSR so you could possibly check us in!! Haha!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #429
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Hi Jess! You are doing great! Sounds like there is a lot to learn but I am sure you will master it in no time! Once you get the technical stuff down you will be all set, because you are already awesome at the thing's you can't be taught- enthusiasm, and a genuine love of disney and of people! Guests will be so lucky to have you greeting them when they arrive to check in!

I am so glad that you were able to get the dates off for when Preston and your friends come down! woohoo! The rooms you booked for them and your family sound great as well.

How was Mark's experience being friends with Baloo?

It is SO cool that your friend Betty is living her dream and doing the DCP!!! That gives me hope that I might get a chance one day!

Love your t-shirt too! Keep up the good work, and enjoy your celebration dinner tomorrow night! Looking forward to seeing where you decide to go.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #430
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
My dream is for my hubby and I to retire someday and move to Florida, so I can work at Disneyworld !
This is me and my hubby's dream too! He wants to drive the train, tram or monorail and I think I would be happy doing anything! But I really don't want to wait that long!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #431
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

It sounds like your training is going fantastic! And it also sounds like everyone is so wonderful.

It is also my dream to one day work for Disney when I 'retire'... However, it is DH's dream to be as far away from Disney as possible - so, we will see who wins... We still have a few decades to figure it out.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #432
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Sounds like training is going well. How exciting that you'll be at Coronado soon! I must say I'm most excited to find put what your celebratory meal will be!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #433
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Eduardo checked us in at AKL in December! He was SO nice! My boyfriend spoke to him in Spanish for a while because online check-in was taking forever. And he gave us a free upgrade to a savanna view room! He was awesome and such a sweet guy; glad to hear training is going well and you are meeting so many helpful cast members!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #434
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Orange Chicken and Brunswick Stew and no food pictures? So glad you are having a wonderful learning experience so far...and I applaud you for how you have kept this updated so frequently so far!! I am sure reporting is like having a second job!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #435
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Loving all the updates! My hubby and I also hope to retire down in sunny FL one day and work part-time in Disney. My hubby says he will sweep the streets, he doesn't care! I would like to work anywhere in MK that involves seeing kids all day!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: