Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #406
merbobear
DIS Veteran

It's so exciting that you are actually working for Disney now! I mean you have been employed by them for a few days, but now you are actually getting into the job and not just on a really awesome vacation

Also SO COOL that you got to try on the TOT hat. I'm glad you are having such an amazing experience, and just think you are only about a week in...the next several months hold so much promise!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #407
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

So happy for you that your first day went well - I knew it would.

I am also so excited for you that you have so many people coming down to visit you while you are there.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #408
JessM
We all have a dream

I'm glad your first day went well!

I also hope everything works out with your visitors, both resort selections and time off for you! I'm loving all your updates, have a magical rest of the week!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #409
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Could you imagine how awesome the world would be if everyone had as much love and pride for their jobs as you do?! OMG, service would be amazing!

This is so exciting and I am glad to be a long for it thru this report!! Between this thread and the live Disney food thread (which you should join since you are going to have all kinds of amazing food!), I can pretend I'm there

Good Luck with the rest of your training

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #410
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post and say I am really enjoying your TR. And don't worry about being boring. You could post that you sat and looked at the wall all day and it would still be entertaining because you are doing it in Disney!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #411
ChiBub
Earning My Ears

I am so enjoying your udates on the DCP, thanks for sharing wth all of us! I wanted to do it in college but rushed through to get to grad school instead, and I look back now and wish I had just done it. It's great getting to live vicariously through you to get a taste of it. Keep following your dreams!!

Last edited by ChiBub; 01-30-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typo
ChiBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #412
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
PHEW thatís a lot of training. Doesnít it make you feel better to know that Disney prepares us so much, though? If you think about it, the people in your hotel lobby make a VERY big impression on your vacation. We have to fulfill very high expectations and make every moment magical. If you have ever been on vacation before, you know that checking in at a Disney resort is a PRETTY big deal!
I'm so happy your first day went well. Yes, that's why you're perfect for concierge! Your detailed knowledge of the parks and resorts and genuine concern for each person will turn any guest's stay into the ultimate Disney experience. Have a ball doing it!

(Jess & Brooke)
Follow the yellow brick road brings on a smile.
Follow the little blue mickeys to DME brings on chills and excitement, but
follow the monorail tracks to work or school?! It doesn't get any better than that!!! You are seriously living the dream!

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #413
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Jess I just spent my lunch break and more catching up on your adventure! SHHHH, anyway great report.. Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #414
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Best directions ever. "follow the monorail line and make a left." Serjously. Perfection!
That's so cool that you received such a great role! They could obviously tell exactly how passionate you are about the company and knew you would be a wonderful asset.
I want to work for Disney so bad and be one of those people who put pride and joy into my every working minute there.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #415
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Jess, I just want to say that this is like the amazing Trip Report that never ends and I am loving every minute of it. I know you were chosen for Concierge because you are so passionate about Disney, intelligent, and professional. You earned it!! Can't wait to hear about your second day of training. I'm training now for my new nursing job ( shadowing for 1 month) so I'm right there with ya. -Amanda
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #416
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

I was sitting at the salon today and this girl next to me started talking about the DCP! She worked at the Grand Floridian last year!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #417
katt789
DIS Veteran

Okay, so between instragram & twitter and here Iím not sure where I was on the dis, so Iím just going to start with the evening at DHS, haha!

Man, I canít lie, I absolutely love eating the kids meals at places! Like, a small meal, some grapes and apple slices, it fills me up for a at least a bit of the day, bahaha!

Ah! Never had a Mickey bar before, good thing you guys got some then! Yay! AH! ONCE! Seriously, Iím so sad weíre on ANOTHER hiatus, Iíve just been watching older episodes to get my fix, baha!

Those Kermit gloves are absolutely adorable! I did have the Kermit toque for a while but just never wore it so I gave it to a friend instead. Ahahhaaha, nice ToT pic with the cheerleaders! Baha, I donít know if itís a thing that differs between high school and All Star cheerleaders, but the teams Iíve cheered for were never that insane all together!

I really actually liked the food at 50ís, it was very home-ey and actually liked Mom cooked it! Good idea to split the brownie for dessert, itís SO BIG!

I love the striped dress! So cute! Also super jealous of all the long lost friends!! It would be so awesome to meet the Robin Hood gang! Iím so glad you got to eat at BOG early, god it is SO amazing, all of it is just so pretty and amazing and AWESOME!

I seriously was nearly crying eating in there, it was so amazing and beautiful! I also love the ordering system, its SO COOL. AH, eating there is seriously so awesome, like, itís a quick service, and you get to eat in the grand ballroom, it just doesnít get any better!

Aww, love Tianaís comment about Mark being in entertainment, thatís awesome! You got some absolutely awesome pictures from the parade! And I LOVE that one of Belle, itís amazing!

As IF Rapunzel started talking out of character!! I mean, Iíve had some similar experiences where theyíve cracked, or made a comment that say, that character wouldnít make, but to actually come out of character to me, hasnít happened. Hopefully that doesnít happen again!

Yay for a dismeet and another character meet! I love that Jasmine!! Man, I love how sometimes casting is just so weird, haha. Iíve met characters who look 100% perfect, but just donít do it justice, or theyíre amazing character-wise, but a little off look wise, and then you can luck out with ones that are just DEAD ON and Iím like, IN LOVE. AH! GASTON! MY NEW FAVORITE!! (I mean, they did get rid of Eric, and Iíve always loved Gaston) nice comment about the fall, thatís hilarious! And can we talk about the fact that heís like, caressing your head in the picture?! Lawl.

27 characters in one day, now that is awesome! I kind of want to meet all the characters out next trip, but theyíre out in so many different places that I think I might just ďmeet all charactersĒ lol.
Iím a big fan of the food in Morrocco, mainly because I like eating ďdifferentĒ food in Epcot, and most of the other countries qs places have stuff you can get regularly. I like the sliders combo they have there! I must try the school bread again, I think I had one that must have been old, because it was super dry and kinda stale when I had it, (added to list for Feb!)

Ahhh! Iíve been craving milkshakes for a while now, and that Turkey Sandwich with fruit looks absolutely amazing, like seriously, I love my sandwiches, and that looks awesome!! Iím so happy Markís having such a good time hanging out with Goofy, thatís so great!!

Yay! Your first day of work, how exciting! And nerve wracking, lol, starting a new job is just so hard sometimes because it can be scary, haha. Sounds like training was actually pretty fun, and planning your mock vacation, thatís always fun!! Iím so happy for you that you got the role you did, from what Iíve heard itís actually pretty difficult, so good on ya!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #418
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I am glad your training went well for the first day! And seriously, planning a mock vacation? Sounds like the perfect day for me! And it seems like you met a lot of great people!

I wish all grocery stores had reusable Rapunzel bags! That bag is adorable.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #419
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

Thank you again for sharing Jess! I LOVE reading about your experience! Again, it was wonderful running into you and Mark while there last week . . my daughter is enjoying going through your diary even more now that she met you and Mark (or Mr. Mark as she seems to call him) I hope training is going well!
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #420
hutch0830
Earning My Ears

I LOVE reading all of these updates! And I wouldn't worry that they are getting "boring" just because you aren't in the parks everyday. This is an experience that most of us won't get to have and we are all trying to live vicariously through you! Feel free to continue with the day-to-day! And thank you so much for taking all of the time to share your experiences with us!!!

ASM - 1995; OWK - 2012
hutch0830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: