Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #376
susanrose73
Mouseketeer

Congrats, Jess! I'm sure you'll do amazing! I really enjoy reading your reports!

The message your dad wrote to you made me cry. What a supportive family you have!

Can't wait to read more! Enjoy every minute of this exciting new adventure!

June 2013: POR Anniversary Trip!
susanrose73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #377
naruto
"The only time I give my opponent 1% is before the match-during the handshake"-Marcelo Garcia

Have fun! I love reading these post. make me wish why I didn't go do the program when I had the chance.
naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #378
kmd1974
Earning My Ears

Location: Way Down South & 660 miles from Disney Houma,Louisiana

Congrats to Mark for being friends with Goofy! I wish him good luck! What park will he be working at? Might just have to have a picture taken with "Goofy"! By the way, Goofy is one of my favorites! Glad every thing is going great for you Jess. Good Luck on your first day! I know it will come natural with your personality! Have fun!

Fort Wilderness Campground: Nov. 1991
Port of Orleans Riverside: Aug. 2009
Caribbean Beach Resort: May 2010
Coronado Springs Resort: May 2012
Coronado Springs Resort: Feb 2013
Port of Orleans Riverside: March 2014
Caribbean Beach resort May/June 2015

kmd1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #379
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Thank you for posting that link. We had a really great experience with an Ariel at Akershus last May. I obviously do not know her real name, but I can look up my ADR time and I have pictures. Hopefully they will be able to track her down with that information and commend her. My dd was absolutely enamored by her.
You're welcome!

I LOVE the quote from Walt Disney on the Applause-O-Gram:

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality."

That is so true-it is The Cast that Makes The Walt Disney World Resort the phenomenon that it is.

I know Walt would be so proud of Jess and other Cast Members like her for their love of,and dedication to,the Resort that bears his name.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #380
jdd
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! I just read your update on the Be Our Guest restaurant and it's so gorgeous!! Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite Disney movie, and you've just sold me on a trip this year! We were going to sit out a year, but there's no way I can pass up that restaurant....okay, back to reading the rest of your updates
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #381
Pixie*Pirate
It IS the happiest place on earth!

Hey Jess! I've been reading your TR since the beginning. I check it everyday and I get so excited about it! It's brought me to tears on more than one occasion. The college program sounds so amazing. I can't wait to hear more. Congratulations on living the dream!

Pixie*Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #382
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

Here is a link to some info on ways Guests can notify Management when they receive GREAT service from a Cast Member.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052969
Thanks for the link, so enlightening! But now I wonder...I make it a point to respond to the Disney link emailed to me when I return home. I am very specific about the CM's name, the date and how they made out trip soooooo magical. Does that count the same as a handwritten note? I just want to make sure these amazing CMs are recognized.

Also, I try to cheer up any CMs that seem down. I have only met three actually, that's how rare it is, but I would rather spend a few moments speaking with them and cheering them up than to have them ruin someone else's magic who is there for the first or maybe only time. Sometimes, they just need to know someone cares and it helps to maintain the magic as we are enjoying it.

Anyway, I agree, our Jess definitely deserves our praise for all of the magic she brings us on a daily basis with her DCP updates! Love, love love them! Jess, I can only imagine how you'll be changing lives as a caring and giving CM!

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #384
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Can't wait to read about your first day of training! Hope everything went well this morning.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #385
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

You hair is SO pretty, Jess! I love it.

I really want to try the food in Morocco but my mom thinks everything sounds gross. I will try anything, but my mom is another story…

I have to admit… I have never tried school bread. I know I’m messed up.

I didn’t know Olivia’s had pineapple coconut bread. I LOVE that stuff.

I hope training went well! (:
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #386
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

[SIZE="3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW
I understand that it is a BIG DEAL for Walt Disney World Cast Members to receive recognition from Guests for providing GREAT service.

So,if you will be staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and,while there,you receive GREAT service from a certain Disney College Program Concierge Cast Member,please take time to notify Management of said GREAT service.

We all know how MAGICAL Jess' love for the Walt Disney World Resort is,as evidenced by her amazing Trip Reports,so I think it would be awesome if she receives a lot of well-deserved recognition as she provides GREAT service to Guests at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.

Here is a link to some info on ways Guests can notify Management when they receive GREAT service from a Cast Member.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052969
Thank you for the kind words and for thinking of me! If you do decide to do this, though, I wanted to make sure that you only send in comments about my actual job at the resort. Disboards is not officially affiliated with Disney, so please make sure they are solely cast member related comments.

I just wanted to clarify, but thank you so much again!
[/SIZE]
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #387
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post

Anyway, I agree, our Jess definitely deserves our praise for all of the magic she brings us on a daily basis with her DCP updates! Love, love love them! Jess, I can only imagine how you'll be changing lives as a caring and giving CM!
Oh! I can see how that would be misleading, I only meant to send compliments regarding your work as a CM. Thanks for the clarification. That could have gotten ugly. Moving on...

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #388
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Hi Jess! I've happened upon your TR and I just love it. I did CP WAY back in Spring '95 (followed by summer as a seasonal) . Reading your report brought back so many memories of Vista Way and The Vinings (our summer apt) and the friends I made, and wow, things have changed a bit too. Love that they now offer the Advantage for CP, something they didn't in '95 yet so many of us wanted to stick around longer! You will do great, enjoy every moment. Definitely network. The best advice I ever got was to keep WDW on my resume, and it STILL gets attention and opens doors to this day. Can't wait to read more! When you get the chance get out and enjoy Orlando and beyond too, so much to do outside of WDW that tourists usually don't see/do - road trips are a blast!

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #389
crazy_cremello
I am completely in love with everything Disney!

Hope your training went well and you enjoyed your day! I literally can't wait for more updates, this report is like a book to me it's brilliant! Keep up the great work, both on the DIS and at WDW!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #390
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Wow, 27 characters must be a record!! I remember one of the first trips to Disney World my parents took me on, I met the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood! He was really good at his role but he terrified me- after he signed my autograph book, he threw my pen down on the ground! I thought he was so scary! haha!

I'm sorry that Rapunzel kind of ruined the magic- what a bummer! I would've been really annoyed too! Sounds like the rest of your character interactions were great though!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: