Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #2011
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMG I love that last pic Mark is the best!!! lol am I the only one to notice he's tpotally standing in a Goofy pose!!! thats awesome!!
LOL! I noticed that too and thought it was funny. You can take the boy out of the Goofy costume....

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #2012
Camno's Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheladal10
Hey Jess! I love your dress that you wore to Magic Kingdom. Is it still possible to get it somewhere? Thanks!!
We are on the ME right now, and have been here all week. I saw that dress in multiple locations! So cute.
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #2013
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Wow - seems like there are so many new cupcakes at the Contempo these days! The chocolate coconut sounds neat! And what a lovely breakfast with the princesses. I would've totally been tempted to snag that menu to take home and put up on my wall - so pretty!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #2014
danygirl
Mouseketeer

I love how Mark poses in every picture, he is too cute! Glad you are feeling better!
danygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #2015
Disney38Girl
Duffy's #1 Fan

I LOVED starlight splash last year! It was drizzling last year too but I think it was pretty warm if I recall correctly. Spent a solid 2 hours in the wave pool BEST PROGRAM EVENT EVER! Glad to see they brought it back!
AKV Jambo Sept 2014
CR May 2015
Disney38Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #2016
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Awesome update Jess! I am glad that you are feeling much better. I love the pictures you have taken with you and your friends. I can't wait to read more about your CP. Take care and have a good night :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #2017
epcotitis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimKo View Post
Great update Jess!

You look more Jasmine-y than Jasmine.
Agree!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #2018
thelittlestmermaid
Earning My Ears

Hi Jess!

I'm a long time lurker on the boards and on your thread. I have also been following you on twitter for a while now. I have had a huge passion for Disney since I was young like you and I've applied for the Disney College Program twice, being pended and then denied on the last day both times. I was applying for only Disneyland, since that is where I grew up going.

Reading your thread, you have kept my dream to do the DCP alive and inspired me to also apply for Walt Disney World! Seeing everything that you're experiencing down in Florida is helping to keep the Disney magic alive for me!

Keep doing what you're doing! I love and admire your positive attitude.

thelittlestmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #2019
flprep
Earning My Ears

Love the update Jess! I just went to Splitsville for my birthday and it was great! My friends and i tried a bunch of different kinds of sushi and they were all amazing and the California Roll is especially perfect. I'm so jealous of your Typhoon Lagoon party! Glad you had fun
flprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #2020
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the 97 project score!That is awesome!

I love the frump picture of the bowling shoes!

KEEP going to face auditions!You SHOULD be one of Jasmine's friends!

WOW!The Typhoon Lagoon party must have been something-I talked to a CM last night who said it was THE best experience OF THEIR ENTIRE LIFE!!!!

I am SO glad Disney does things like that for you guys!WDW is Magical and all that,but you guys work HARD!

I have had GR fill out a ton of Applause-o-Grams for a ton of CMs this week because I have met a ton of extraordinary CMs-YOU GUYS ROCK!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #2021
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

I've been reading your TR and hearing you talk about Coronado Springs and after showing pictures of it to my dh, he said he really didn't care where we stayed until he saw pictures of the waterslide at Coronado - his exact words were
"we're staying there! " I was looking at pictures of the rooms and it looks like Cabanas and Casitas have the nicer looking room (IMO). Walking around the resort doesn't bother me - we walk everywhere at home so we're used to it.

We've stayed at all of the other resorts - well my kids have only stayed with us at POR but dh and I have stayed at CBR and POFQ in the past. While I love all of them, I'm just looking for something different this time and deluxe unfortunately is not in our budget at this time.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #2022
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

It is so amazing to read about all of your great times. Thank you so much for sharing each day with all of us
Old 05-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #2023
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Hey Jess!!!!!
I'm only on page 34 and I have a really long ways to go/read! But loving every minute of it because in 17 days (May 21st) my daughter checks in for DCP!!!! We are so excited.

I'm enjoying reading all your information on what happens and I keep calling Rae and telling her about things that you have said and because she's as excited as you are she's pretty much knew things that I've been telling her, (good research by her ) but I've not done as great of research as she has...

Her placement is Merchandising plus she also auditioned for characters in Austin but didn't make the cuts. She has lots of theatre, dance, cheer and gymnastics experiences. She's also 5'4 right in the middle of the height requirement.

I'm enjoying your report your such a precious young lady. I've read several of your other trip reports, I'm a really great lurker. I sure hope that Rae's experiences is as wonderful as your has been.

Looking forward to reading more but I'm have a going away party for Rae tomorrow night for all of her friends, her little kids that she teaches dance to, and family. Then after that It's time to start packing...

Here's a picture of Rae and her BF, I hope that maybe you will see her and introduce yourself to her. She's really nervous. Your so lucky that you had a friend going with you, she's meet a few people on FB DCP but nothing like having a BF with you.

Excited to read more.
Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - YachtClub
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #2024
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Our next stop was the LIMITED TIME MAGIC DINOLAND DANCE PARTY! I forgot that this existed but Mark is ALL about character experiences so he knew about it. We headed over and THIS WAS THE BEST DANCE PARTY EVER. Usually at dance parties characters can only dance. No pictures, no autographs, no nothing except dancing. But at this dance party if you could catch their attention you could get them to sign and/or take pictures!!!

The first group of characters that we got to party with was Timon, Rafiki, and Terk. They were leaving soon though so we didnít get to spend much time with them.

Then the fun began! Our new friends were Thumper, Miss Bunny, Lilo, and Stitch!

THEY DANCED TOGETHER OMG I WAS DYING OF CUTE.

Cutest bunnies EVER.

Mark's thing is to take selfies with the characters... and this is my FAVORITE one of the day. Miss Bunny was such a flirt and it was perfect!

DYIIIING!!

I would give anything to get to dance w/ Thumper and Miss Bunny.

Loving your TR. You are the best!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #2025
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

So glad you are feeling better!

I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to enjoy CRT!!!

Also- I can't wait for the big birthday trip- I've been following you and Lia for what seems like forever!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: