Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #1951
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Jess stand up right now and

SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF!!!

Come on girl SHAKE'EM OFF!! I see ya shaking them off!!
DO YOU!!! Don't worry about the haters.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #1952
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you are feeling better now. And wanted to thank you again for taking your time to share your experiences and your thoughts. LOVE hearing all you have to say.
You brighten our day!!! Positive attitudes are what this world needs!! Thanks again!!!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #1953
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say that I'm glad that you're on the mend and that I SO appreciate your positive posts even when things in life might not always be perfect. You are truly a joy-filled person and it shines through in your posts. I admire the joy and passion with which you embrace your life and am so grateful to be able to live vicariously through your experiences. You have me SO excited for our upcoming trip and on a trip related note-we made our final payment today! It's official BWV here we come! Anyway keep your chin up and don't ever let anyone steal your joy, this world needs more people like you!

1st trip 1986-camped at Jellystone campground, April 2012 offsite Bonnet Creek, June 2013 our first stay on property at Yacht Club!
JenCin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #1954
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Oh my gosh Jess! I just read your recent reports and realized you were feeling sick when I met you that night at Coronado! I'm so sorry that happened to you. It is hard to be sick when you are away from home. I'm glad you are feeling better now.
We are having a great time over here at the Boardwalk now. It is an amazing resort. We had tea at the Grand Floridian today. So much fun! If you haven't done that yet you should definitely try it!
Hang in there and don't let them get you down!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #1955
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

WOW! I just read through your posts and now will be following you. We have 2 trips planned in the next few months. The first one is for Memorial Day weekend at AKL and the second one we'll be staying at CSR. I'll have to keep a look out for you. I'm glad you are feeling better. Being sick stinks, especially in Disney.

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #1956
Amerangel89
Earning My Ears

I am SOOOOO glad to hear that you are feeling better! Bless your heart, I have had mono/flu/tonsilitis ever since February, and I am at school with absolutely NO support system. I can completely emphathize with you, dearie. Being a grown up definitely has its good moments and the omg-what-is-the-point-in-life-I'm-so-miserable moments. Also, some jerk did a hit and run on my car this morning. That was a nice touch to make April 2013 the best month EVER (not).

Also, I can't believe anyone would ever wish "reality" on another person...especially one so joyous and generous as you! Obviously there is no point in even wasting a second of your time on those types of comments. You have too much magic to soak up while you're at DISNEY!

Whew...that was therapeutic just throwing that out there. Trying to keep a lid on all those frustrations and hurts is so hard. I'm so glad you are able to detail your personal experiences so fully for all of us devoted followers. It takes a brave person to do that, and I hope the magic of Disney combined with the magic of Disney friends has been of help to you during the bad times. I know that has been the case for me, even if I can't call WDW my home at the moment.

Amy
Amerangel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #1957
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
Get better soon. Love your reports but really??? can everything be "the best" "amazing" etc.?
Something has to be a little off. Nothing is perfect.
I understand that in your world, life is perfect, but just wait, Reality will set in.
Denise

Wow!!! That was really obnoxious.

As a mother of two daughters, one of which is only a few years away from high school, I try to instill in my daughters to have a positive attitude and while things may not always go the way they want them, try to see the good in every situation. Plus as a fellow Disney Lover, you are doing what I would have loved to do! Just reading your story here, you seem like a very mature, sensible girl who has a wonderful supportive family and friends! Keep doing what you are doing and pay no attention to people who hate on your positive nature!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #1958
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

Jess, all the time you were sick I was thinking about how your mom must feel being so far away! I don't care how old kids are, we moms always worry about them when they are sick! Glad that you are feeling better now.

I love reading your report! I check every morning to see if there are new updates!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #1959
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
Jess, all the time you were sick I was thinking about how your mom must feel being so far away! I don't care how old kids are, we moms always worry about them when they are sick! Glad that you are feeling better now.

I love reading your report! I check every morning to see if there are new updates!
Me, too! My daughter is almost 20, and getting ready to study in London for her fall semester of junior year in college. She is SO excited, but I am SO going to MISS her!!! She also wants to do an internship with Disney and eventually work for them (hopefully!) in casting or show production or guest services. We are really enjoying these detailed reports, since it gives her a little more insight of the jobs and life in Orlando area.

As much as I know she can do it, I will always worry about "my baby"! :-)

Glad you are feeling better, Jess!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #1960
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

I'm happy you are feeling better. Full House makes me feel happy too.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #1961
CoolMom2112
Mouseketeer

So glad that you're feeling better. Also glad you found a 'not-homesick-as-bad-anymore' show. Always did like Full House.

CoolMom
CoolMom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #1962
dnoyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I love this post.

Glad you are feeling better Jess
Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #1963
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Many things can be the "best ever" and it doesn't have to end when you are young! I have reached a stage in my life where, as pass holders, we go to Disney pretty often. We eat cupcakes, and carrot cake cookies and dole whips and love every minute of it. We have had the best moments during the last eight years watching my daughter practically grow up there.

Life is what you make it. We have our share of stressy hard times. We have mundane times. We have days that are the worst ever. We don't have an unrealistic view of life, we just choose to be happy and fun.

No one should ever be made to feel bad for enjoying life.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #1964
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

I'm glad that reality has set in for you: first, that you are a generally happy, positive and optimistic person who can find joy in the smallest things, as those are qualities that will stand you in good stead in your life. Second, that you are not daft enough to go badmouthing your potential future employer and are clever enough to be honest and savvy in your communications without being rude, cruel or snarky. Keep up the good work.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #1965
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

Jess -

I have lurked for A LONG TIME throughout nearly all of your trip reports and I just love them. I almost did the Disney College Program about 13 years ago when I was 19 but alas my life went a different route. Now I'm a producer for a film studio so I guess I can't complain but it sure is fun seeing "what if" through your eyes.

Also, I don't know what the issue is with some people. When I met my husband years ago he was THE BEST MAN EVER. Every day I wake up with him next to me and my puppy at my feet it is the BEST MORNING EVER. I started reading Game of Thrones and it is seriously the BEST BOOK EVER. I've run a couple of Disney half marathons over the last two years and they are hands down THE BEST EVER. That chocolate mousse sold in EPCOT France is OMG THE YUMMIEST EVER. I hold my husband's hand all the time and it is THE BEST FEELING EVER. I ate some organic carrots the other day and they were nearly THE BEST FOOD EVER but then I ate some organic tomatoes too which were also practically THE BEST THING EVER and so now I am conflicted. Especially when cheese is like THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. Also, I have the MOST AWESOME JOB. EV-AR.

That's my reality. Things have been super awesome and great and fabulous and the best things ever my entire life. Even when they weren't. Because it's all a matter of perspective and outlook and you, my dear, have an amazingly positive amount of both. Don't ever lose that. It is a fabulous quality and will take you far in life.

Look forward to reading more updates!

- Carey
OregonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: