Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #1921
Disneymusicprincess
Earning My Ears
 
Disneymusicprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23

Hey Jess I was following you on twitter and something happened now I am blocked. Can I be unblocked? @windstarjes
Disneymusicprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #1922
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
Get better soon. Love your reports but really??? can everything be "the best" "amazing" etc.?
Something has to be a little off. Nothing is perfect.
I understand that in your world, life is perfect, but just wait, Reality will set in.
Denise
This is probably the RUDEST response I have ever read on a trip report.

Everyone is entitled to how they feel, that includes Jess and even you. However, there are some thoughts that should just remain in your head. Otherwise you are just . If you even read the last few updates, obviously everything in Jess's life is not "the best" or "amazing" because she shared some very personal and upsetting information that she did not have to share with us because it's really none of our business.

If reading about Jess's happiness bothers you so much, here's an idea, don't read.
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #1923
4everDisney
Earning My Ears
 
4everDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 30

Hi Jess,


I totally agree with everyone here.....unfortunately you will come across Jealous people who want to bring you down. I for one feel like I know you and really want the best for you. You seem like a wonderful person that is living her dream life. I applaud you for following your dreams and for taking us along for the ride! Don't let others drag you down!!! Enjoy your life and be happy after all you are in the happiest place on earth!!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Denise
4everDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #1924
PrincessJo
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 330

I've been lurking and LOVING your trip report. If only I could go back 25 years... seriously... I envy you and admire the way you are taking on life with gusto!!!

Please don't pay attention to rude comments from those who are just jealous of your positive outlook on life and the beautiful smile you always wear no matter what.

When I'm having a bad day, I can check in on your trip report and you lift my spirits!! Keep it up Jess!! Great job
__________________
Nov 2010 (Caribbean Beach Resort) -- Nov 2012 (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) & Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) -- Jan 2014 (Boardwalk Inn) -- Sept 2014 Universal (Royal Pacific) -- Nov 2014 (PO French Quarter)

Magic, March 9-15, 2013 (Western Caribbean)
Dream, Nov 21-24, 2014 (Bahamas)



DH Me DS(17) Sophie Maggie
PrincessJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #1925
beccy1606
Earning My Ears
 
beccy1606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymusicprincess View Post
Hey Jess I was following you on twitter and something happened now I am blocked. Can I be unblocked? @windstarjes

The same happened to me and a few others :-( Unfortunately it's just a glitch on Twitter, there's nothing Jess can do I'm afraid as she hasn't physically blocked you. Guess the only thing you could do is to create a new twitter account! :-( x
beccy1606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #1926
beccy1606
Earning My Ears
 
beccy1606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJo View Post
I've been lurking and LOVING your trip report. If only I could go back 25 years... seriously... I envy you and admire the way you are taking on life with gusto!!!

Please don't pay attention to rude comments from those who are just jealous of your positive outlook on life and the beautiful smile you always wear no matter what.

When I'm having a bad day, I can check in on your trip report and you lift my spirits!! Keep it up Jess!! Great job
Ditto! :-) xx
beccy1606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #1927
epcotitis
Mouseketeer
 
epcotitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccy1606 View Post

Ditto! :-) xx
Yup! Keep it up!
__________________
epcotitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #1928
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!
 
Glynis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alpine, Utah
Posts: 15,789

Hi, Jess,

I'm a longtime lurker (I've read all the Frump TR's, and everything!), but I've never posted before! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love this report! I am from the West, and have only been to WDW one time (on my 40th birthday, to run the half marathon!), but have been to DL countless times! I wanted to let you know that the reason that I love your trip reports (and the other Frump's, as well), is that you show a boundless love and enthusiasm for Disney! It makes me feel like a kid again, and I get to live vicariously through you, and the others.

In this world, we have enough seriousness and sadness. It makes a difference to know that I can come here and read about your adventures, and know that there are still places in the world that are beautiful and fun, and to know that there are still people who can see that beauty!

I will continue to follow you, because I value those qualities and want my children to value them, as well! Thank you for taking the time to chronicle your daily stuff. Even the most boring stuff is amazing when reading about it taking place in WDW! Keep it up! Ignore the nay-sayers, and know that you have a loyal following that loves you and supports you, all the way!

I know that you have had some really low moments, but I keep thinking how wonderful it is that you are surrounded by such good friends! Lean on them, and let them help you!

I'm sending prayers and pixie dust for a quick recovery. Wish I could do more for you, after all you have done for me and my family! Hang in there!
__________________


2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #1929
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Hi, Jess,

I'm a longtime lurker (I've read all the Frump TR's, and everything!), but I've never posted before! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love this report! I am from the West, and have only been to WDW one time (on my 40th birthday, to run the half marathon!), but have been to DL countless times! I wanted to let you know that the reason that I love your trip reports (and the other Frump's, as well), is that you show a boundless love and enthusiasm for Disney! It makes me feel like a kid again, and I get to live vicariously through you, and the others.

In this world, we have enough seriousness and sadness. It makes a difference to know that I can come here and read about your adventures, and know that there are still places in the world that are beautiful and fun, and to know that there are still people who can see that beauty!

I will continue to follow you, because I value those qualities and want my children to value them, as well! Thank you for taking the time to chronicle your daily stuff. Even the most boring stuff is amazing when reading about it taking place in WDW! Keep it up! Ignore the nay-sayers, and know that you have a loyal following that loves you and supports you, all the way!

I know that you have had some really low moments, but I keep thinking how wonderful it is that you are surrounded by such good friends! Lean on them, and let them help you!

I'm sending prayers and pixie dust for a quick recovery. Wish I could do more for you, after all you have done for me and my family! Hang in there!

Well written
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #1930
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 403

Hey Jess,

I am so sorry to hear that you are sick, that just sounds awful. I caught bronchitis during my CP (yeah a JC Skipper, imagine that with a squeaky voice, bwahaha), and totally know what you are going through in not wanting a point on your record, wanting to be at work, etc. Hope you feel better real soon, take care of yourself! I enjoy ready your TR when I can, it takes me back in so many ways (the good and the not so good).

I LOVE that you are trying all sorts of foods, I should have done that more! My daily routine centered around the Taco Bell drive-thru on the way into work, and maybe those delicious lemon creme cookies in the MK CP snack area - oh, those were just delicious.

Can't tell you how much I can relate to what you are going through, in MANY ways both good and not so good, and that was more than 15 years ago. I hope you continue to soak it all in and enjoy - even those late night shifts (those are the best)!
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 5

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #1931
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 127

I told DD17 about Jess and her infectious positive attitude, and DD told me, "You should read her report whenever you're in a bad mood." And that's just what I do.

I'd like to add that in fact Jess does not always say everything is amazing and perfect. If she doesn't enjoy a meal, for example, she says so. But her positive outlook allows her to enjoy almost everything. We should all give that a try. Some of us might get better value from our vacations, and from life, if we don't go looking for things to gripe about.
__________________
1973 Magic Kingdom*1976 Disneyland*2006 Magic Kingdom (off-site)
May 2009 CBR
May 2010 CBR
Mrs Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #1932
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess
 
leopardmickeyears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rapunzel's Tower
Posts: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post

This is probably the RUDEST response I have ever read on a trip report.

Everyone is entitled to how they feel, that includes Jess and even you. However, there are some thoughts that should just remain in your head. Otherwise you are just . If you even read the last few updates, obviously everything in Jess's life is not "the best" or "amazing" because she shared some very personal and upsetting information that she did not have to share with us because it's really none of our business.

If reading about Jess's happiness bothers you so much, here's an idea, don't read.
Thank you for addressing this! And agreed!
leopardmickeyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #1933
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,795

Hope you're feeling better! I understand the feeling of being alone- I've lived in Orlando for almost 4 years, and I still call my mom when I'm not feeling well
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #1934
LibbyLovesDisney
A most peculiar madmoiselle
 
LibbyLovesDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Getting ready to make my move!
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
Get better soon. Love your reports but really??? can everything be "the best" "amazing" etc.?
Something has to be a little off. Nothing is perfect.
I understand that in your world, life is perfect, but just wait, Reality will set in.
Denise
This actually makes me incredibly sad. Have you never heard someone say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? this is uncalled for. clearly the DCP is a dream come true for Jess & she is sharing her experience with us. not everything is perfect, she stated a few updates ago that she was having a rough time with things. you need to slow your roll & don't say things that bring people down. just because she is having a good time in DISNEY WORLD (clearly she will have an amazing time there) doesn't mean that reality hasn't set in? reality is often harsh yes, but that doesn't mean that living out her dream isn't reality? she worked hard for this & of course she's going to take all the fun she can while she's there, who wouldn't?
I just found this pretty rude & had to state my peace.
__________________
Princess Libby
Follow me on Twitter: @solonglibby!
& on Instagram: @libby_oppy!


In Progress!
"Charge It To The Room! - I'm NOT Drunk!" WDW Vacation 2013!
Completed!
"OHMYGOSH! I'M SOAKED!" Walt Disney World Vacation 2012!


LibbyLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #1935
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer
 
disneysunshine85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLovesDisney View Post

This actually makes me incredibly sad. Have you never heard someone say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? this is uncalled for. clearly the DCP is a dream come true for Jess & she is sharing her experience with us. not everything is perfect, she stated a few updates ago that she was having a rough time with things. you need to slow your roll & don't say things that bring people down. just because she is having a good time in DISNEY WORLD (clearly she will have an amazing time there) doesn't mean that reality hasn't set in? reality is often harsh yes, but that doesn't mean that living out her dream isn't reality? she worked hard for this & of course she's going to take all the fun she can while she's there, who wouldn't?
I just found this pretty rude & had to state my peace.
I completely agree!
disneysunshine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: