Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Which Parks to hit Solo?!?

So ill be on my semi-solo trip in April (my aunt will be attending a conference). This will be my 6th trip to WDW, but my first solo. I will have 3 full days (not including travel days) I am planning on a 4 day park hopper. Which parks should I hit solo? Which park has more to offer for solo travelers. I am not a huge fan of AK, so I can do without it. I will be there for the flower and garden festival, is it worth taking a look?
Jenny1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
karly05
DIS Veteran

Will your aunt be spending any park time with you? Are there park things you would like to do that she won't be interested in? (Thrill rides? Shows?) Certain things you know you will want to do together? That would be my first consideration.

I think Epcot's World Showcase is a nice solo choice - you can take all the time you want in the countries, browse through the shops, stop for the entertainment, grab a snack. I enjoyed all the parks on my solo trip, though.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
ariamac
Mouseketeer

I think it depends on your interests! I am doing a 5 day solo trip next week (OMG!!! it's NEXT WEEK!) and originally I was planning 1 day at each park and then hitting up Epcot on my extra day.... but the more I think about it, I think I'd enjoy a 2nd day at MK more.

I love epcot, I love the countries for sure, but I think as a solo I can get through them all in one afternoon. As a solo I can get there for park opening and say until closing. I wouldn't be doing the bar hopping thing because I don't drink.

MK is magical. There's so many rides here, new fantasyland and it is the essence of what Disney is for me. so I'm thinking I may go to MK twice.

AK is more of a half-day park for me, so in the late afternoon I made reservations for Afternoon tea.

DHS can be half-day to full day. I can sit through 6 Animation Academy sessions no problem! ...and that's what I intend to do. If this is something that interests you I say for sure leave some time open for that!

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Aramac. When are you gonna be there? I'm gonna be down next Friday and Saturday
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
ariamac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Aramac. When are you gonna be there? I'm gonna be down next Friday and Saturday
I won't get there until Sunday

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I love epcot, I love the countries for sure, but I think as a solo I can get through them all in one afternoon. As a solo I can get there for park opening and say until closing. I wouldn't be doing the bar hopping thing because I don't drink.
While I might have a drink or two (I don't drink much if at all) I would be like this with Epcot. I remember when I was there last, our small group did the countries as we only had a half day at Epcot, we got through them all.

I would personally want to visit Epcot and Hollywood Studios more than the other parks, but I would try to visit all the parks. I think it depends on your preferences for sure.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm definetly going to try ad hit the world showcase. Usually we always have a pretty good sized group and all the little kids get bored lol.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05
Will your aunt be spending any park time with you? Are there park things you would like to do that she won't be interested in? (Thrill rides? Shows?) Certain things you know you will want to do together? That would be my first consideration.
I will have days to myself and we will meet up in the evenings. We will probably have dinners together and do more adult/non park stuff. So I def want to hit the parks by myself. Im for sure gonna hit the world showcase, and all my fave rides esp ToT, RnRC, HM. And for sure check out the new FLE. I was in WDW this past August and took every peak u could at the new castles. Maybe ill even do my own hidden Mickey search lol
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
I will have days to myself and we will meet up in the evenings. We will probably have dinners together and do more adult/non park stuff. So I def want to hit the parks by myself. Im for sure gonna hit the world showcase, and all my fave rides esp ToT, RnRC, HM. And for sure check out the new FLE. I was in WDW this past August and took every peak u could at the new castles. Maybe ill even do my own hidden Mickey search lol
Well then 1st place should be New Fantasyland ! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: