Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #106
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
So who here has done a runDisney race before?

I just did Tink and have Princess coming up and while I was at Tink I registered for Dumbo. I think I may have a runDisney problem!
I think you have a peer pressure problem!

I have reservations at BWPPI but am probably canceling to do GCH. my sister and my parents are all coming- and my sis really needs to be at GCH. I'm not complaining- but my wallet is groaning a bit. LOL Love that hotel though.

I'm getting kinda psyched about this. I go back and forth between WTH have I done- 2 races back to back in the heat of the summer? and HOLY COW THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! Praying for a random cool front on the half morning. I can suck up a hot 10K but really need to be coolish for that half.

Can't wait for the BLING!!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #107
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I think you have a peer pressure problem!

I have reservations at BWPPI but am probably canceling to do GCH. my sister and my parents are all coming- and my sis really needs to be at GCH. I'm not complaining- but my wallet is groaning a bit. LOL Love that hotel though.

I'm getting kinda psyched about this. I go back and forth between WTH have I done- 2 races back to back in the heat of the summer? and HOLY COW THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! Praying for a random cool front on the half morning. I can suck up a hot 10K but really need to be coolish for that half.

Can't wait for the BLING!!!!

I think you may be right!

I'll be back at DLH with my kids for Dumbo so it will be a different race vacation this time but there was no way they were going to ever talk to me again if I didn't take them!

I'm a little worried about the heat too. The 10km doesn't worry me much because as long as we start early, should be done before it gets toooo hot but the half is frightening me a bit. I have no way to prepare to run in the heat and I become somewhat homicidal if I get too hot when I run.

Lots of experience Disney runners here! What's everyone's favourite thing about the Disney races?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #108
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm a little worried about the heat too. The 10km doesn't worry me much because as long as we start early, should be done before it gets toooo hot but the half is frightening me a bit. I have no way to prepare to run in the heat and I become somewhat homicidal if I get too hot when I run.
SoCal heat is not nearly as bad as the Florida heat. SoCal typically has very little humidity and is more in the category of "pleasantly warm", even in the summer. That's not to say it doesn't occasionally get hot, but it's nothing like Florida IMHO.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #109
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
SoCal heat is not nearly as bad as the Florida heat. SoCal typically has very little humidity and is more in the category of "pleasantly warm", even in the summer. That's not to say it doesn't occasionally get hot, but it's nothing like Florida IMHO.
Thats good to hear - thanks Rich.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #110
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich

Love this. I like pleasantly warm.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #111
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I've done quite a few runDisney races. I'm addicted to the bling. I did the inaugural Wine & Dine, Tink, Tower, Chip & Dale Relay, and now will be adding the DDD to that list of inaugurals.
Totally random, but I was looking at your signature, and it looks as though we may also be on the same cruise this October!! By the time the races come around, I will know for sure which cruise I will be on.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #112
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Totally random, but I was looking at your signature, and it looks as though we may also be on the same cruise this October!! By the time the races come around, I will know for sure which cruise I will be on.
Double Dip to Castaway Cay on the Magic out of Miami for my Grand Slam. Yo ho, yo ho....a pirate's life for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #113
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

So I got myself into a little trouble with the Tinker Bell Half this year and hasn't trained a whole lot because of my work schedule. I am not making that mistake again this year, especially with DDD! So I'm looking into joining a gym since I think I have a better shot if I'm using a treadmill and not relying on running outside (haven't found a place I trust just yet). Anyone have any experiences with either Planet Fitness or Work Out World. They are the cheapest I've really been able to find and that's something I need, lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #114
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
So I got myself into a little trouble with the Tinker Bell Half this year and hasn't trained a whole lot because of my work schedule. I am not making that mistake again this year, especially with DDD! So I'm looking into joining a gym since I think I have a better shot if I'm using a treadmill and not relying on running outside (haven't found a place I trust just yet). Anyone have any experiences with either Planet Fitness or Work Out World. They are the cheapest I've really been able to find and that's something I need, lol.
I haven't heard of either of those gyms so not sure of their costs but if you have a Costco membership, they sell 2 year memberships to 24 Hour Fitness for $349. It sounds like a lot but it works out to be less than $15/month. It is for the Active level clubs (which are the only ones I have ever been too).

Word of warning on the treadmills, and I know everyone is different but treadmill running for me is torture and I only try to do the treadmills if the weather isn't good (or once we move in to orb-spider season - I hate running when they have their webs across the sidewalks and they get bad around us here in South County ). I swear the miles go backwards when I am on the treadmill though, would much rather be outside, the runs always seem to go by quicker.

Good luck with your training though - I am sure you are going to do great for the DDD!!

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Disneyluvr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #115
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
I have friends that love and swear by Planet Fitness.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #116
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Disneyluvr81 - My family are Costco members but I definitely can't spend that much at once right now. Paying for Dumbo was hard enough!! Man real life is hard when you're just starting out on your own! If I trusted places nearby to run outdoors I totally would. I miss my old route back home!

jeanigor - Thanks!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #117
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

Quote:
Disneyluvr81 - My family are Costco members but I definitely can't spend that much at once right now. Paying for Dumbo was hard enough!! Man real life is hard when you're just starting out on your own! If I trusted places nearby to run outdoors I totally would. I miss my old route back home!

jeanigor - Thanks!
Are there any trails near enough for you to drive to? That's usually what I do - not because I am worried about bad guys but because we live in a neighborhood without 8 million very steep hills.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #118
Disneyluvr81
Mouseketeer

I hear ya on that one! DDD was a tough one to swallow and probably a one time challenge for me! Something about getting 4 medals (the 3 for the races plus my Coast-to-Coast) was too had to pass up haha!!

A Tale of Two Castles and a Dumbo Double Dare for Good Measure - a Sept 13 TR
Two Castles in 24 Hours...Bring it On! A Sept 2013 PTR

Jan 2015 - Dopey / Nov 2014 - Wine & Dine / Aug 2014 - DVC Cruise / April 2014 - Family Trip / Feb 2014 - Princess Weekend / Sept 2013 - Anniversary / Jan 2013 - WDW Marathon / Sept 2011 - Anniversary / Dec 2009 - Xmas Trip / Sept 2008 - Honeymoon / Jan 2007 - 1st Trip

Disneyluvr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #119
Cactus girl
Earning My Ears

I'm in!

I'm running in the Disneyland half! It's my first half and I am so excited. Are there any plans for meet and greets (or running buddies) for the marathon?
Cactus girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #120
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus girl View Post
I'm running in the Disneyland half! It's my first half and I am so excited. Are there any plans for meet and greets (or running buddies) for the marathon?
I'm sure there will be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: