Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #316
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

It will be tight for people doing both the 5km and 10km and from what I hear Disney was trying to discourage people from doing it but with the start times being 45 mins apart its totally doable.

We're on countdown people!!!! In less then a month I'll be there!! WOohoo!!!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #317
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Call me silly, but how are the people who signed up for the 5K and 10K going to do both races...?
This has been a major discussion in one of the Facebook groups. I am signed up for the 5K and the DDD. As long as I push it a little for the 5K and avoid the congestion that usually comes from walkers (I've walked plenty of Disney 5K's with friends) I will be fine. I know I won't be in the first corral for the 10K. All I need to be sure of is getting to the start before the end of the last corral of the 10K is done. Easy, probably not as easy as I'd like. Doable, yeah.

And poo-poo on runDisney for trying to keep people from getting their bling.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #318
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Here's the corral placements! Race maps! Program! All in one place!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogs...-realness.html

Yes- I'm EXCITED!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #319
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Here's the corral placements! Race maps! Program! All in one place!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogs...-realness.html

Yes- I'm EXCITED!!!
Wow corral F.. I could just brain my husband for not putting in our time when he had the chance.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #320
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Wow corral F.. I could just brain my husband for not putting in our time when he had the chance.
Bring proof of time to the expo. They will still change it for this race.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #321
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Bring proof of time to the expo. They will still change it for this race.
We called two days later and tried to add it and were told no, we couldn't. Can you ONLY do it at the expo?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #322
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We called two days later and tried to add it and were told no, we couldn't. Can you ONLY do it at the expo?
Yes, but it should be easy to do. Hang in there!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #323
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Ya, changing corrals at the expo is easy. Just bring a printed copy of your proof of time and they just put a sticker on your bib. Pick up your bib first then go to runner relations and problem solved.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #324
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Ya, changing corrals at the expo is easy. Just bring a printed copy of your proof of time and they just put a sticker on your bib. Pick up your bib first then go to runner relations and problem solved.
Do you mean just a printout from the race webpage is enough..? Or do they have to be able to pull it up online at the expo? Does it need to be from a certified course...? Or just timed is OK?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #325
Terrypalo
Earning My Ears

I'll be partying in corral D for the DDD!!
Terrypalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #326
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you mean just a printout from the race webpage is enough..? Or do they have to be able to pull it up online at the expo? Does it need to be from a certified course...? Or just timed is OK?
I just took a printout of my chip time from the race. As long as its chip timed and shows the distance and the name and date of the race I think you're good. At least I was for both Tink and Princess.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #327
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I just took a printout of my chip time from the race. As long as its chip timed and shows the distance and the name and date of the race I think you're good. At least I was for both Tink and Princess.
Awesome! We have improved our time quite a bit from last year, so we signed up for a 10K on the 10th.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #328
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
And poo-poo on runDisney for trying to keep people from getting their bling.
I agree! I really wanted to do the 5k again, but was a little worried on the time and how far up I could get for the start. If it was 15 minutes earlier, I would have both.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #329
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Ooh! Thanks for the links. We're in F, but since we are slooow I think we can handle that, lol. We are hoping and praying to do the half in under three hours - how is course crowding? Is it as bad as the WDW half? (We were in E in January.)

Random question... does anyone know if the pace team has balloons? I'd kind of like to try staying in line with the pace team, but if they have balloons we need a different plan. (My running buddy is allergic to latex, so she has to stay far away from balloons!) I know WDW has them both for the pace team (on a stick) and I believe at the rear, with the "balloon ladies" -- I never saw them, so I don't know for sure, but one could suppose from the name! LOL!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #330
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
We are hoping and praying to do the half in under three hours - how is course crowding? Is it as bad as the WDW half? (We were in E in January.)

Random question... does anyone know if the pace team has balloons? I'd kind of like to try staying in line with the pace team, but if they have balloons we need a different plan. (My running buddy is allergic to latex, so she has to stay far away from balloons!) I know WDW has them both for the pace team (on a stick) and I believe at the rear, with the "balloon ladies" -- I never saw them, so I don't know for sure, but one could suppose from the name! LOL!
It's no where near the crowding of WDW thank goodness! The only real tight areas are when we go backstage from onstage or vice versa in the parks and a little at the castle.

Can't help you w/ the balloons. I remember seeing the pace group and I was behind one a couple of years back, I just cannot for the life of me remember whether or not there were balloons.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: