Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
rajak73
Mouseketeer

This should be one interesting trip report!
rajak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

I suspect (DW always handles our reservations) that somewhere in the confirmation paperwork, there is a statement that says rates are subject to change up to check-in time. Go enjoy whatever time you have there. You will be charged the current rate at check-in, unless you get so heated as to cancel altogether. WDW is about fun and relaxation. Not anxiety and anger.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Agree with two PP's. We have yet to *not* have a good time there.
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #19
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry this is going to sound really rude.... but being honest (part of my new year's resolution)

1. I hope we're not at Fort Wilderness the same time as you. I've saved my money for Disney and understand the cost... I don't want to have to listen to a grown man whining over a few bucks...life is too short.

2. I'd worry less about the mouse getting his and more about the horrific gas prices that I bet will go up and down and back up again while you're driving the 500 miles. It's just part of it... you pay what's current at the pump daily... pay what's current in Fort Wilderness.

3. Call Disney to confirm as was suggested... suck it up. Again... life it too short to get worked up over "principal" which in this case.. sounds like "pride" to me. Of all the things wrong in this world... paying the current asking price of $5.00 more per day... seems so trivial and silly.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
rajak73
Mouseketeer

deleted

Last edited by rajak73; 01-22-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
rajak73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
I'm sorry this is going to sound really rude.... but being honest (part of my new year's resolution)

1. I hope we're not at Fort Wilderness the same time as you. I've saved my money for Disney and understand the cost... I don't want to have to listen to a grown man whining over a few bucks...life is too short.

2. I'd worry less about the mouse getting his and more about the horrific gas prices that I bet will go up and down and back up again while you're driving the 500 miles. It's just part of it... you pay what's current at the pump daily... pay what's current in Fort Wilderness.

3. Call Disney to confirm as was suggested... suck it up. Again... life it too short to get worked up over "principal" which in this case.. sounds like "pride" to me. Of all the things wrong in this world... paying the current asking price of $5.00 more per day... seems so trivial and silly.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Who knows? Seiler might be pleasantly surprised once he gets to the Fort.

Seiler, please do let us know how your visit goes. I'm hoping you'll have a good time.

Bama ED
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #23
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_ed View Post
Who knows? Seiler might be pleasantly surprised once he gets to the Fort.

Seiler, please do let us know how your visit goes. I'm hoping you'll have a good time.

Bama ED
I am going to have a great time. I just refuse to allow businesses to do what ever they want. If I only get to stay a week I will have a blast. Then I will go somewhere else, like maybe Universal and spend the second week.
SeilerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post

Feel free to be as rude as you want. You are the one that has to live with yourself for being rude to a total stranger on the Internet. I hope it makes you feel like a really wonderful person.

I am not going to be whining over a few bucks. I will complain if they don't live up to their promise. In my book a promise is a promise. If that is not the way Disney works then I will take my business to someplace that wants me as a customer.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #25
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

1 - if you made your reservations after August your rate will be the same.

2 - If you made reservations prior to August I'll guarantee that Disney never promised to hold that rate, in fact your paperwork from your reservation will say "RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE."

3 - Don't sweat the small stuff. As my 90 yo mother says "you can be dead right." Don't let a stubborn streak of pride get in your way enjoying a vacation.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #26
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
2 - If you made reservations prior to August I'll guarantee that Disney never promised to hold that rate
I have never gotten one piece of paper in regards to this reservation. I made the reservation online and all I got was an email. I deleted that email long ago so I have no idea what it says.

Quote:
in fact your paperwork from your reservation will say "RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE."
That is my point. I spent two months researching online before I made my reservations and nowhere did I read that the prices might change after I paid my deposit. And if they did put a "rates subject to change" notice AFTER I paid my deposit then that proves my point, that their business practices suck. There should be large letters on the reservation page telling you this BEFORE you agree to their price.

Quote:
3 - Don't sweat the small stuff. As my 90 yo mother says "you can be dead right." Don't let a stubborn streak of pride get in your way enjoying a vacation.
I am not sweating the small stuff, everyone else here is doing the sweating. I could care less if they charge me more. But if they do I will simply change my stay from 14 days to 7 days and go to Universal instead.

I am just amazed at the attitude of the Disney fanboys around here. I should just roll over and pay what ever they want since it is Disney.

So let's say you find the $15000 car of your dreams at a dealership and sign the papers and put down my $1000 deposit. Then you come back a few days later after the car had been prepped to pay the balance and pick up the car. But the dealer says "Oh wait, we lied, the price is really $16000". Read the fine print and you will see it is legal for us to do so. Would anyone here actually be dumb enough to pay the extra grand? The amount may be greater but the principal is the same. And I have principals, which is a lot more than I can say for some of the fanboys around here.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #27
ChrisinNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeilerBird View Post
I have never gotten one piece of paper in regards to this reservation. I made the reservation online and all I got was an email. I deleted that email long ago so I have no idea what it says.
That email was your reservation confirmation.

DH & Me DD13 DS13 DD10 Holly
ChrisinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Feel free to be as rude as you want. You are the one that has to live with yourself for being rude to a total stranger on the Internet. I hope it makes you feel like a really wonderful person.
Remember your own thoughts on this when you check in and the rates may not be the original ones. The person checking you in does not set "the Mouse's" policy.... just there to do their job.

I do hope you enjoy your trip.... concern over this may dampen the joy you would've otherwise experienced.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #29
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is about principal.
No, it is about principle.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #30
JanL
Native Floridian

Gracious, y'all sure know how to get a guy worked up! You should have just said, "I feel your pain....let me know which dates you are sacrificing as we will hop on them like white on rice!"
JanL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: