Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

Kidani Savannah View - what to expect

Just booked our stay in a 1 bedroom villa at Kidani Village/ Savannah View. I'm curious what to expect as far as animals go. I did a search but wasn't very successful. It seems there are some savannahs that have giraffes/zebras, and others that don't. How do you know which Savannah you'll be at? Is it just luck. Is there one savannah thats preferred over others?

I'd love to hear anything about Kidani Village!

Also, an anyone point me in the direction of some Kidani pictures??!!?? Super excited for this trip, we have never been to AKL! I'd love to get a sneak peak!
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
shelbikans
Earning My Ears

Sunset Savannah is the main savannah at Kidani Village and Pembe is the smaller one. I've heard Pembe savannah doesn't have as many animals but I've never stayed there. There are giraffes, zebras, wilderbeast, cattle, ostriges, and many other animals. It really just depends where you're staying as to which animals you'll see. But we saw more animals when we stayed on the right side by the elevators. I would also recommend eating at Kidani Village and getting the bread with the accompiaments. It is one of my favorite resturants and you won't be dissapointed! Hope that helped!
shelbikans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

We had a Sunset Savanna view last week and had great fortune in viewing these animals:

6 zebras, 4 giraffes, eland, ankole cattle, roan antelope, wildebeest, ostriches and other fowl. We were in Jambo on Kudu Trail with a great view of Kidani. You may want to call and put in a request for a Sunset Savanna view.
WDW 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Kidani last August and loved our Sunset Savannah view. I can't remember what room number it was but we were on the third floor and close to the pool. It was perfect!
In the evenings we saw the antelope, big cattle (sorry don't know specific animal names) sleeping right outside our balcony. They moved on in the mornings and when it got hot we only had different types of birds hanging around. Then throughout the day we had giraffes come by, ostriches, zebras, even rabbits. We really enjoyed the variety and the peaceful nature of this resort. The pool was great too!
Have a great time!

ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: