Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #121
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Down to the last 8 days for us. Problem is I still need to pack in the midst of having the Dudes early birthday party on Saturday. Not sure if my daughter knows anything after the fiasco with my dad. If she does she's holding it. Lol.

I still need to put the finishing touches on my FE holder, put my FE gifts together, get to Michael's to get the photo mat (got a 50% off coupon via email) and sharpie pins. I'll do that after my errands this AM.

Packing is the big thing. Where is a personal packing assistant when you need one? Lol.
S'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #122
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
Down to the last 8 days for us. Problem is I still need to pack in the midst of having the Dudes early birthday party on Saturday. Not sure if my daughter knows anything after the fiasco with my dad. If she does she's holding it. Lol.

I still need to put the finishing touches on my FE holder, put my FE gifts together, get to Michael's to get the photo mat (got a 50% off coupon via email) and sharpie pins. I'll do that after my errands this AM.

Packing is the big thing. Where is a personal packing assistant when you need one? Lol.
We leave Saturday so I had to finish packing this past Saturday. I must say that it is a relief to be done with that. Work was horrible yesterday and I hope that the rest of the week is not the same. Have you decided how you are going to surprise your kids?
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #123
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post

We leave Saturday so I had to finish packing this past Saturday. I must say that it is a relief to be done with that. Work was horrible yesterday and I hope that the rest of the week is not the same. Have you decided how you are going to surprise your kids?
Good question. I'm thinking to do it this Saturday because Miss Thing (my 10yo dd) is an awesome packer. S if I go ahead and tell them about the first part she will help pack. Lol. They still won't know about the cruise until the morning of. I haven't worked out all the details yet so if anyone has some ideas pease share. After my perfect daddy talked we felt like its time. Lol.

You are so lock to have packed. I'm my head we will be packed by Sunday. I did make my list. So we will see :-)
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #124
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good question. I'm thinking to do it this Saturday because Miss Thing (my 10yo dd) is an awesome packer. S if I go ahead and tell them about the first part she will help pack. Lol. They still won't know about the cruise until the morning of. I haven't worked out all the details yet so if anyone has some ideas pease share. After my perfect daddy talked we felt like its time. Lol.

You are so lock to have packed. I'm my head we will be packed by Sunday. I did make my list. So we will see :-)
You can have a character call her and welcome her on the cruise. You can do this on the Disney cruise website. You set the character, date and time that you want them to call. Just a suggestion for you. 1 and a half more days of work before we leave
Old 06-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #125
Toria
DIS Veteran

Hope that everything is ok with the family. We need your cabin number please. Just trying to keep a message for you on each page in case you don't look at the other pages.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #126
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can have a character call her and welcome her on the cruise. You can do this on the Disney cruise website. You set the character, date and time that you want them to call. Just a suggestion for you. 1 and a half more days of work before we leave
That's a good idea!! And I looked at that just the other day too. I'll do that!! Yea! :-)
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #127
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's a good idea!! And I looked at that just the other day too. I'll do that!! Yea! :-)
My kids hung up on the call twice when trying to hit the button to listen to it...we never did hear it. Sigh. We are on the cruise right before you all.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #128
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMomO View Post

My kids hung up on the call twice when trying to hit the button to listen to it...we never did hear it. Sigh. We are on the cruise right before you all.
That sounds similar to my kids and eat they might do. Lol. Have a great trip! You leave really soon! :-)
Old 06-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #129
Toria
DIS Veteran

Let's just say that I have purchased some trip insurance. That unformed storm made me do it.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #130
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let's just say that I have purchased some trip insurance. That unformed storm made me do it.
That is the one thing I did when I reserved my cruise. As tempting as it always is to not include it ;-)
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #131
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Bummer! I just got an email from DCL that our excursion (Harbor Cruise) was cancelled. It was unforeseen, necessary repairs (something like that). I can choose another but we will just walk around a bit and ill have to force myself to get my favorite DelSoul Nail polish. ;-). Lol. Oh well.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #132
Toria
DIS Veteran

I can't believe today we get to leave for vacation. I have been looking forward to this for so long. I will still check the boards and I may do live reporting on the Universal part of the trip.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #133
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't believe today we get to leave for vacation. I have been looking forward to this for so long. I will still check the boards and I may do live reporting on the Universal part of the trip.
Have a blast! And please post a pic or two at Universal. We visited about two years ago and I want to go back. Safe Travels!! We still have 4 days. Lol.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #134
jpod523
is awesome

the next time the dream is in port, WE WILL BE ON IT!! :-)

i'm trying to watch it on portcanveralwebcam.com, but it isn't the live feed. :-(

I'm about 93% packed. though i still have so much to do before thursday!!!

jpod523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #135
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpod523 View Post
the next time the dream is in port, WE WILL BE ON IT!! :-)

i'm trying to watch it on portcanveralwebcam.com, but it isn't the live feed. :-(

I'm about 93% packed. though i still have so much to do before thursday!!!

I finally told the kids about part one if our trip yesterday. Thy still do not know about the cruise, but telling them about part one allowed me to get them packed with ease (with the help of dd-10) lol. I am about 90% packed because there are some items I left off that I have to get today. We leave on Wednesday PM.

I'm getting excited!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: