Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
iluvTink12
Earning My Ears

Anyone know of online Disney gift place to have gifts sent to your resort room?

I'm wondering if there is any gift places online where you can order things to be in your room upon arrival to surprise your kids? I saw disneyflorist, but was wondering if there are any other good sites? Thanks in advance
iluvTink12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
iluvTink12
Earning My Ears

meant are there, not is there
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Www.mousehouseconcierge.com has some really nice custom gift baskets and memory albums... As well as groceries, water, adult bevs, etc.
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

The resort will not allow things in your room prior to your arrival - I don't think even Disney florist does that (might be wrong with that) - your room is not considered finally assigned to you until you actually check-in.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
iluvTink12
Earning My Ears

We have been to Disney 4 times...2 times at WDW, Grand Floridian & Polynesian and 2 times at Disneyland, Grand Californian and all times, I had surprises in our rooms upon check-in, so I know they do it. I just was wondering if there were any new choices out there for gifts because I was looking for something new. Thanks to the poster above who suggested something new I'll check it out!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
iluvTink12
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the one suggestion, but WAY TOO EXPENSIVE I'm looking for smaller scale gifts...That is why I don't like the disneyonlineflorist is that they too don't offer anything, but these HUGE elaborate gifts. Wished they had a place that offered cute gifts that were reasonably priced.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvTink12 View Post
Thanks for the one suggestion, but WAY TOO EXPENSIVE I'm looking for smaller scale gifts...That is why I don't like the disneyonlineflorist is that they too don't offer anything, but these HUGE elaborate gifts. Wished they had a place that offered cute gifts that were reasonably priced.
I suggest you contact them... That can do custom baskets in most price ranges...
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15

Last edited by gigi1313; 06-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvTink12 View Post
We have been to Disney 4 times...2 times at WDW, Grand Floridian & Polynesian and 2 times at Disneyland, Grand Californian and all times, I had surprises in our rooms upon check-in, so I know they do it. I just was wondering if there were any new choices out there for gifts because I was looking for something new. Thanks to the poster above who suggested something new I'll check it out!
Hmmm, I've been told, for the past 5 or so years, that it's impossible to have something in the room prior to arrival. In fact, I'm ordering something for my dd for her arrival in two weeks and it will be given to them when they checkin. Can't leave it in the room since it's not their room until they get the call, or text, that their room is ready. Too many things can go wrong.
Now...if you checkin, and your room is ready, you can then go off to a park, and when you return to your room, for the first time, they may very well be able to leave something for you at that point. But, right at checkin?? Hasn't been possible for years.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I've seen a lot of recommendations for Memories by Betsy.
On the FAQ page she says that you have to be checked in before the basket can be delivered, but that if your room isn't ready when you check in and you go to the parks first, there's a good chance the basket will be waiting in your room when you get back.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

My recollection is that they only way you can have gifts in your room prior to check-in, is if you are staying club level.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
My recollection is that they only way you can have gifts in your room prior to check-in, is if you are staying club level.
This is correct. On rare occasions, when the resort is not terribly busy, they preassign rooms and items get delivered prior to the guest check in. This is RARE! For the most part, the runners deliver the items to the room as soon as possible after the guest checks in. This is true for the Disney Florist and all other outside companies.

OP, as someone mentioned, it is possible to do a custom basket through the Disney Florist, but you will still pay a $10 delivery fee on top of the basket cost. The basket cost begins with a custom basket fee plus the cost of the merchandise items you select. At least this is how it worked when I worked for the Disney Florist. I don't think that has changed.

Unfortunately, no one is going to do this cheap. I owned and operated a gift basket company for five years. To do a single small basket involves hours of work. It takes a trip to purchase the merchandise to be delivered. It takes time to put the merchandise into presentation form. Then, the merchandise must be delivered. For me, each delivery took about an hour to do. The cost of gas alone to make the two trips makes it impossible to do this at low cost. I charged $25 plus the cost of the merchandise to be included. After I subtracted the cost of the gas to do the purchase and delivery and the cost of the materials for the presentation, I was lucky to make $5 per basket. That did not account for the cost of my time. In the end, I decided it just wasn't worth it.

I know this is more than what you asked, but I thought it might help to understand why you can't find something delivered at a low cost.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Hmmm, I've been told, for the past 5 or so years, that it's impossible to have something in the room prior to arrival. In fact, I'm ordering something for my dd for her arrival in two weeks and it will be given to them when they checkin. Can't leave it in the room since it's not their room until they get the call, or text, that their room is ready. Too many things can go wrong.
Now...if you checkin, and your room is ready, you can then go off to a park, and when you return to your room, for the first time, they may very well be able to leave something for you at that point. But, right at checkin?? Hasn't been possible for years.

I just ordered something from disneyflorists and was told that they will not put our "surprise" basket in our room before check in, but they would have bell services deliver it once we are in our room.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
This is correct. On rare occasions, when the resort is not terribly busy, they preassign rooms and items get delivered prior to the guest check in. This is RARE! For the most part, the runners deliver the items to the room as soon as possible after the guest checks in. This is true for the Disney Florist and all other outside companies.

OP, as someone mentioned, it is possible to do a custom basket through the Disney Florist, but you will still pay a $10 delivery fee on top of the basket cost. The basket cost begins with a custom basket fee plus the cost of the merchandise items you select. At least this is how it worked when I worked for the Disney Florist. I don't think that has changed.

Unfortunately, no one is going to do this cheap. I owned and operated a gift basket company for five years. To do a single small basket involves hours of work. It takes a trip to purchase the merchandise to be delivered. It takes time to put the merchandise into presentation form. Then, the merchandise must be delivered. For me, each delivery took about an hour to do. The cost of gas alone to make the two trips makes it impossible to do this at low cost. I charged $25 plus the cost of the merchandise to be included. After I subtracted the cost of the gas to do the purchase and delivery and the cost of the materials for the presentation, I was lucky to make $5 per basket. That did not account for the cost of my time. In the end, I decided it just wasn't worth it.

I know this is more than what you asked, but I thought it might help to understand why you can't find something delivered at a low cost.
Are you working with Disney Florist now, Peg?
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Are you working with Disney Florist now, Peg?
No. I'm mostly retired now. I'm off on a new adventure. I'm writing books for children and young adults. It's more fun and a lot less stress! lol!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #15
JVP1
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Poly over Christmas. I ordered the small Christmas tree from the Disney Florist. I called Poly had to speak to someone at the bellman's desk to ask for it be in our room when we arrived.

They explained they usually don't do this because your room number can change anytime before check-in, but I said I was hoping to surprise my family with the tree when they walked in. He then said he didn't want anyone disappointed so they made it happen!

As it turned out our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the hotel until midnight so I was very happy they did this, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten it until sometime the next day. We ended up taking the tree home with us. It is so beautiful. I still have it
up. I am going to save the ornaments and lights and make one just like it every year. It is about 30 inches high.
JVP1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: