DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Got our GV for the 4 of us!

We first thought we would try to book an AKV GV the week before Christmas, but we have a very small AKV contract, so even with two years of points, I wouldn't get very far. I couldn't find anyone to transfer in points, so I decided to modify our expectations.

We currently are booked at AKV/Kidani in a 2 bedroom savanna view for 3 nights. Then we are moving to an 3 bedroom Grand Villa at OKW for the additional 5 nights. We decided the extra space and convenience of transportation from OKW during the busy holiday week trumped more days with the animals. Of course, it means weekend points for the GV, but I really love the idea that both our adult offspring get their own bedroom and bathroom at OKW, and we will have the whole downstairs to ourselves!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
arthur06
DDC #689
 
arthur06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 1423 miles to MK & 1799 miles to DL
Posts: 2,619

Wow, what a great mom you are!

I am sure that you will have a great time.
__________________
April '11 BWV Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2697836

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Bellecruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Bellecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 300

I am jealous! Always wanted to try a GV, but they are never available.
__________________
VGF

Retiring Sep 10, 2014
EBPC, Sep 2014 and BCV for F&W 2014
Wonder 5 Day in January
VGF & SSR Jan 2015
EBTA, May 2015
Bahamas Member Cruise 2015
Bellecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,223

Just a note in case you might still want AKV GV. For that week before Christmas 2012 AKV GVs were open at 7 months out.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

We just got back from VWL in a two bedroom dedicated. We though our son might bring a friend when I booked it for the marathon, but he didnt'. Our friend and his mom were supposed to join us for the marathon for three nights.

So for the first few nights it was three of us in the two bedroom and then our friend's mom got the flu and she couldn't run, so she didn't come. So four in a two bedroom for the marathon was really, really nice.

Enjoy your GV, Diane. It should be very, very nice.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,847

Fantastic!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
castleri
DIS Veteran
 
castleri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ashaway, RI & Palmetto, FL
Posts: 4,032

We had a GV at OKW for 5 of us one Christmas week and it was wonderful. Hope you have a marvelous time.
__________________
castleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,102

We had the GV at BLT this year for 6 nights over NYE - I loved it! Not sure I want to go back to a 2 bedroom ! There were 9 of us but going from the THV to GV we felt like it was a castle DH and I loved having the lower level with all teens upstairs. The reason we bought DVC was for the space - a 2 bedroom is a must for a party of 4 or more.

ENJOY
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Just a note in case you might still want AKV GV. For that week before Christmas 2012 AKV GVs were open at 7 months out.
Actually, we are thinking of trying that at the 7 month window too. I think I would miss the OKW GV though too. All of our GV stays have been at OKW, and we really like the space and porch there. If I could get the kitchen layout of the OKW 2 bedroom unit in the OKW GV, I'd be a happy camper. HATE how they jam the sink in the corner at a right angle to the stove in the GVs at OKW. It is terribly inefficient for cooking.


This will be the fewest number of people we've had in a GV. We usually have large groups when we get the GV. Last year we had 8 in the GV.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
We had the GV at BLT this year for 6 nights over NYE - I loved it! Not sure I want to go back to a 2 bedroom ! There were 9 of us but going from the THV to GV we felt like it was a castle DH and I loved having the lower level with all teens upstairs. The reason we bought DVC was for the space - a 2 bedroom is a must for a party of 4 or more.

ENJOY
Well you're lucky I was ill because it was indeed my plan to stalk the GVs just to take a peek and meet you guys. You should write a TR Denise - I at least need pictures. Bare minimum. Don't make me beg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
We first thought we would try to book an AKV GV the week before Christmas, but we have a very small AKV contract, so even with two years of points, I wouldn't get very far. I couldn't find anyone to transfer in points, so I decided to modify our expectations.

We currently are booked at AKV/Kidani in a 2 bedroom savanna view for 3 nights. Then we are moving to an 3 bedroom Grand Villa at OKW for the additional 5 nights. We decided the extra space and convenience of transportation from OKW during the busy holiday week trumped more days with the animals. Of course, it means weekend points for the GV, but I really love the idea that both our adult offspring get their own bedroom and bathroom at OKW, and we will have the whole downstairs to ourselves!
Love it Diane - have a wonderful time. .
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Niagara2

Disneyland Bound!
Loves warm weather and low crowds
<
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,358

Twice over last decade we have had a Grand Villa at OKW for Thanksgiving week. Both times we cooked the big turkey dinner for 12 in the villa. Some of my best holiday memories .
My sister in law still talks about laying by the pool as the turkey roasted.
You will enjoy it!
Niagara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,348

We always book a two bedroom for our 3 adults.

It is why we bought DVC. I truly want home away from home and at our home no one sleeps on the couch or a chair.

Enjoy it.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #13
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,854

We had 5 in our Jambo GV a couple of years ago - it felt decadent and great! I can't imagine that the OKW GV would feel any more spacious and you get 3 big verandas! The kitchen was the least impressive part of the GV though but perfectly functional.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
We always book a two bedroom for our 3 adults.

It is why we bought DVC. I truly want home away from home and at our home no one sleeps on the couch or a chair.

Enjoy it.
Exactly! That is how we feel as well. I don't care if it's 1 bedroom or 3, I do NOT want anyone sleeping in my living room!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #15
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
We had 5 in our Jambo GV a couple of years ago - it felt decadent and great! I can't imagine that the OKW GV would feel any more spacious and you get 3 big verandas! The kitchen was the least impressive part of the GV though but perfectly functional.
Actually, we would aim for the Jambo GVs. but that cuts down our chances if we waitlist, since there are fewer. We really wanted the Jambo one with the billiards room. I do think the Jambo GVs feel more spacious than OKW, but I'm so used to the OKW "home" feeling. See I CAN rationalize why I didn't do the AKV GV!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.