Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #91
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap
I couldn't get drop box to drop down. Am using a Mac is that the problem?
It works on a MAC. Sort of. I use open office and could get it all to work but the dinner column. For some odd reason. Excel should work right
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #92
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

also there is a flaw I believe. Maybe this was touched on in the video more but it doesn't account for snacks properly. it ask for a typical number there no way you can "Typical" your snak intact. Plus some times you can use a snack credit as a meal. That's a VERY large sum if you look at a typical 5 night trip. SO yeah while its cool to see the suggestion on the best way to use your credits, I don't know how accurate the math is.

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #93
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHB ILU View Post
Hey everyone! I found a great tool online for calculating the best Disney Dining Plan for me (and you)! These people I subscribe to on YouTube just uploaded a video explaining this CRAZY spreadsheet they have! You put in where you are going to eat and some other things like adults and kids and how much you tip and stuff and it shows you how much you should budget for meals if paying cash and shows how much you save or lose with each Disney Dining Plan. It's AMAZING!!!!!!!!! (oh and for you lucky people who can get Tables in Wonderland it does that too!)

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDg...456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http:/www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Of course it is free! I just had to share this because I found out that by not getting a Dining Plan I am going to spend $150 less on food!!! More money for souvenirs!

Greatest tool EVER!!
What about your snacks?

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #94
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2PrincessG View Post
also there is a flaw I believe. Maybe this was touched on in the video more but it doesn't account for snacks properly. it ask for a typical number there no way you can "Typical" your snak intact. Plus some times you can use a snack credit as a meal. That's a VERY large sum if you look at a typical 5 night trip. SO yeah while its cool to see the suggestion on the best way to use your credits, I don't know how accurate the math is.
I am not understanding the problem. I know how many snacks we usually have on a given day. Is it exact? No. But I know we usually get a couple of snacks each. And never used one as a meal.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #95
Aatif911
Mouseketeer

Impressed!

I'm am really impressed with this spreadsheet. I worked in all our dinning reservations for our upcoming trip in May, and I turned out that I would have pay almost $900 more out of my pocket if we didn't have the dinning plan.

Upcoming Trip/s
12/14 CSR, 05/15 POFQ, and 10/15 POR
Aatif911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #96
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this! I downloaded it this morning and punched in a "typical" vacation dining scenario for us. We have a 5 and 9 year old. I figured the dining plan was a no brainer for us. And of course, it is. We'd save around $100 with the DDP vs OOP. I've been figuring that next year when DS9 turns 10 that we'd probably be better doing OOP. But just changing that same vacation scenario from 2A, 2C to 3A, 1C the difference is minimal. We'd save $5 paying OOP. I'm going to punch in some different scenarios and see how it changes.

Thanks again!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #97
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
It works on a MAC. Sort of. I use open office and could get it all to work but the dinner column. For some odd reason. Excel should work right
Works great on my mac with open office. This is an AWESOME spreadsheet! Pinned to pinterest - thanks OP!

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #98
karice2
DIS Veteran

I can't get in to download it or sign up for it. UUUUGGGGHHH.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family May 2014 Star Wars Weekend July 2014 Harambe Nights

I've eaten at 47 out of 240 restaurants at Walt Disney World (20%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (18%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #99
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2
I can't get in to download it or sign up for it. UUUUGGGGHHH.
Have you tried another browser? Works fine for me on chrome (not Mac).
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #100
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2PrincessG

What about your snacks?
I would use common sense. Don't put the meals that you would use snack credits in the spreadsheet. If you are using a snack credit for lunch at Starring Rolls, put None in lunch and add 1 snack extra. Or dont add an extra snack and just add $5 per person in your head at the end for each time you do that. It is simple. If you want something more complicated than this, you would probably have to pay a lot of money for it!!!
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #101
CaptainEIEIO
Even if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!

Great tool!!!!! Thanks for posting the link. The drop downs didnt work at first for me but once I turned off the no changes lock it worked fine.
I cant even begin to count the times I was constantly at Disneyland since my first visit in 1962, then I moved to Alaska in 1969 and lost contact until....DL 1982, DL 1985, DL 1988, DL 1990, DL 1994, DL 1997, DL 1999 , DL 2004, DL 2005, DL 2007, WDW 2009 (Pop), DL 2012, WDW 2013 (Pop).
Me DW

CaptainEIEIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #102
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I had to play with it a little bit to get the dinner column to work in open office. Pressing the little + button near the top of the Y column a few times until it showed the 0's made the drop down menu magically appear

Seems to be pretty accurate, I did several days myself and also came up with numbers that were less than the DDP would cost us. This spreadsheet also has us paying OOP as a better option. For us TiW will be the most cost effective, especially when we take into account drinks since we like to have a drink or two with dinner
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #103
tikilyn
DIS Veteran

Can someone help me. I have downloaded the program but I'm using open office. When I try to input anything a little box pops up and says it's "read only". Is there a way to change it so I can use the program?

Thanks
tikilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #104
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikilyn View Post
Can someone help me. I have downloaded the program but I'm using open office. When I try to input anything a little box pops up and says it's "read only". Is there a way to change it so I can use the program?

Thanks
All the fill in places should have boxes to pop up with a pull down menu to make selections. If that doesn't happen maybe try the fixes posted on the prior 2 posts. I didn't have to make any adjustments using Open Office in any column except for dinner
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #105
tikilyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
All the fill in places should have boxes to pop up with a pull down menu to make selections. If that doesn't happen maybe try the fixes posted on the prior 2 posts. I didn't have to make any adjustments using Open Office in any column except for dinner
The little boxes open and I can see the numbers but they won't input. A box pops up saying it's a read only file. ughhhhhh!
tikilyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: