Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
bohannonb
Earning My Ears

Other Ideas....

It appears that there is a lack of interest in completing big SWAPS this year... what about something smaller like:

- Elements (Titles, picture frames, etc.)
- Journal Card/Project Life SWAP of 3-4 cards

Just some ideas... I would like to do a SWAP this year I just don't have the time to do whole pages... and I think the two above would allow people more flexibility in completing projects..
bohannonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

We've done lots of those in the past.

Seems most people are just really busy with life.

I used to do loads of swaps but just have too much. Actually just cleaned out all of my scrap stuff, took everything out I don't have photos for.

I still have lots to use up.

I know a lot of us have switched over to project life and pocket pages, so not all of our old swap pieces fit now.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
hopemax
Note to Self: Please remember to bring your brain with you this time

As I'm working through my stuff, there are 2 things that I'm finding I wish I had stash for, and I don't.

1. Previously mentioned, 3 x 4 PL style cards. I don't do PL, but I do like the journal cards for quick journaling, or a compact title, or a cute embellishment to fit a hole on a page.

2. A 12 x 12 page, with a large pocket for holding things like maps, flyers, and any of the other paper ephemera I pick up on a vacation. I've been making a few of these for my books, and putting a little border sticker on the top, and embellishing the pocket part, and I thought they might be cute to do for a swap. One for each park, resorts, Flower & Garden or Food & Wine stuff.

But even as I say this, I'm still not prepared to commit to any swaps. I'm in a scrapping groove, and I don't want to lose the mojo to make swap stuff. But I am throwing it out there, in anticipation of maybe 2015.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
mssong85
Mouseketeer

What about single page character swap? I am also up for elements swap. PL intrigues me, but I haven't done any yet.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
What about single page character swap? I am also up for elements swap. PL intrigues me, but I haven't done any yet.
I was going to hostess one of these earlier this year but everyone was so busy it didn't happen. I think you couple that with the fact that maybe the quality on some of the recent swaps wasn't what everyone is used to and things have just fallen apart. The time and money commitment for these swaps is just too high to have stuff you can't/don't want to use. I would love to do a character swap since that is what I need to complete my books for my upcoming trip, but only if the pages were quality work like we used to see.

I can float the idea again and see what happens. It would have to be limited in the # of swappers (probably 6 or less) and we would have to figure out characters, because this could be overwhelming if we get too many at once.

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
bohannonb
Earning My Ears

I'm in
bohannonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
I was going to hostess one of these earlier this year but everyone was so busy it didn't happen. I think you couple that with the fact that maybe the quality on some of the recent swaps wasn't what everyone is used to and things have just fallen apart. The time and money commitment for these swaps is just too high to have stuff you can't/don't want to use. I would love to do a character swap since that is what I need to complete my books for my upcoming trip, but only if the pages were quality work like we used to see.

I can float the idea again and see what happens. It would have to be limited in the # of swappers (probably 6 or less) and we would have to figure out characters, because this could be overwhelming if we get too many at once.
We so need to finish that series but where is the inspiration and time with that said, let me know if you happen to do it. I'll join depending on time frame and how many pages needing to be done. I think a 1 page per character could work. We normally have just a couple of pictures per character and it would fit well in a book plus if we do double pages, the album will be way too big IMO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: