Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
mcj79
Spring time trip to Disney!

Birthday and Wedding Anniversary

We are planning a trip to Disney World this spring April/May. This will be my wife's first trip and mine in nearly 20 years.
( Trip Info: Caribbean Resort, preferred room (not sure if we can get a king or if they are all doubles its unclear on website.) We are planning on 5 days in the Disney Parks, a resort/downtown day and a Universal/ Harry Potter Day

The trip to is partly to celebrate my wife's Birthday and our Anniversary. We will actually be there the week of her birthday but a few weeks before our actual wedding anniversary. I'm not sure if the dates matter to Disney or if they just take your word for it and help you celebrate.

I had them note my wife's 'Birthday' & 'First Time' when I made the reservation. I was told that extra 'Magic' sometimes happens for those that have the 'special celebration buttons'. Other then a special treat at meals... has anyone had other 'special magic' happen for Birthdays, First Visits or Anniversary??

I'm not sure about having them note our Anniversary or how it would be handled with the staff. I'm not sure what extras could happen or dealing with other guests in the parks. (Or how many buttons we really want to wear around.) Also, I think the Anniversary buttons have Mickey & Minnie Mouse together. And well we are two 'Minnie Mouses' I would feel odd with a Mickey/Minnie button. Anyone have impute?

We live in the NE and generally being LBGT is a none issue or at least people tend live and let live. But growing up in the midwest I still tend to be more aware of negative vibes & situations. Of course a guest spending good money in the parks I expect nothing but positively 'Magical' treatment from the Disney Staff.

So, what do you think?

I have not been to Disney in over 15 years! This trip my lovely wife and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and her B-day!
This will be my wife's 1st trip ever to Disney World! We will be there for her B-Day!!
Two ladies ready for some awesome Disney Magic!

Last edited by mcj79; 02-25-2013 at 10:53 PM.
mcj79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: