Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
keaster
DIS Veteran
 
keaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Can.
Posts: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
How things were explained to us -

Claire Bilby asked for a DVC only trip back in September on the September Member Cruise. She wanted: max of 160 points, a cool destination with a story to tell, an Adult-Only date and dates where families could go. This was the result of that wish list. The person who put the trip together claimed she was only given three weeks to do it all.

We had added on to our membership and wanted to do something other than the parks or cruise. We looked at another Adventure and would have had to pay for two vs. one so we put it off for another year. When I went down to Member Central to book this they couldn't do it right then and there. They had to send an email to ABD and it took about 5 days for the confirmation to come through. That kind of told us ABD wasn't ready to book either. It just seemed a little out of sorts for DVC or ABD.

If anyone is interested, I would call DVC. They claimed they weren't booking fast, except for the Adult Only Adventure, but I've talked to several folks who booked it on the family dates.
That's what I'm saying...if they would actually put it on the member site with the dates and details it might book up faster!

I like to look things up first instead of trying to scribble the details down while I'm on the phone
__________________


DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013


Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
Judyat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 313

Yes if you are interested call DVC. I think if DVC put it on their website it would see alot of bookings. When I called DVC and connected to a DVC/ABD person I was the first one she had done the booking for. I hope they will advertise it since this is the only place I have seen it. We booked the July 3 date and also did a night before since the trip starts at 8:30 am that morning. Just out of curiousity I didn't ask about adult only dates and I'm wondering which dates are adult only. It doesn't matter since the July 3 date was our first choice. I'm just curious about it.
Judyat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyat View Post
Yes if you are interested call DVC. I think if DVC put it on their website it would see alot of bookings. When I called DVC and connected to a DVC/ABD person I was the first one she had done the booking for. I hope they will advertise it since this is the only place I have seen it. We booked the July 3 date and also did a night before since the trip starts at 8:30 am that morning. Just out of curiousity I didn't ask about adult only dates and I'm wondering which dates are adult only. It doesn't matter since the July 3 date was our first choice. I'm just curious about it.
We are on the July 3rd trip too!

The Adult only one was in October. I don't know what the second date that they flipped over to Adult only was. I know it's not the July 3rd one.
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
Judyat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 313

We are really looking forward to this trip. I hope ABD and DVC will get the word out there about these trips. I'm sure they would fill up fast if they do. We booked the night before at the Manhattan Club when we booked this trip since it starts so early July 3. I'm so glad that I check disboards since that where I found out about this trip.
Judyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyat View Post
We are really looking forward to this trip. I hope ABD and DVC will get the word out there about these trips. I'm sure they would fill up fast if they do. We booked the night before at the Manhattan Club when we booked this trip since it starts so early July 3. I'm so glad that I check disboards since that where I found out about this trip.
We are booked for the pre-night also!! Didn't want to take a chance of missing anything for the next day. I am just hoping they get the word out and book this trip so it doesn't get canceled!
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #21
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

The trip is finally showing up on the Member site!
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #22
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
The trip is finally showing up on the Member site!
I just saw this as a banner on the DVC site..where do you find info about it? Figures they would have something like this..not advertise and then say it didn't sell well enough to offer again The summer ones are no goes for me..already have plans and the August one runs into the Expo..did someone say there was an October one?
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia

I just saw this as a banner on the DVC site..where do you find info about it? Figures they would have something like this..not advertise and then say it didn't sell well enough to offer again The summer ones are no goes for me..already have plans and the August one runs into the Expo..did someone say there was an October one?
Click on the banner and there's a link to see the information. There is an October one - it's adults only.
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
Click on the banner and there's a link to see the information. There is an October one - it's adults only.
I finally found this..the banner displayed oddly in my browser and I didn't see the link. I would really like to do this but as a good DVCer I book ahead and am pretty solidly booked for this year and scant on vacation days. If I could bring myself to fly it might be possible. Did someone say the adult one is sold out? Does anyone have an itinerary yet? What time the 4th day the scheduled events end?

ps why is my DVC logo picture not showing up? Anyone know if those are gone?
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #25
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

There's nothing on the last day. You can fly out/leave as soon as you want. The night before is dinner and touring the museum. The Adult-Only was booking up quicker than the others so they turned another Adventure to Adult-Only.

I'm just hoping it books!
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,450

YEA! So I booked the Oct 10 trip..looking very forward to it...
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #27
abdgeek
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster View Post
That's what I'm saying...if they would actually put it on the member site with the dates and details it might book up faster!

I like to look things up first instead of trying to scribble the details down while I'm on the phone
This is actually on the member website. I had heard about it on the DIS board and went looking for info. When you are on MS website, at the top are the ads that scroll. One of them is for the DVC member only ABD trips. Click on this and it takes you to the page that has the three DVC ABD trips for this year. ABD isn't sure if MS is going to do a glossy webpage like the ones they do for their trips with the daily itinerary, faqs, etc. I had to call ABD to find out all of that. MS had it also, but there were so many questions that I had that they couldn't answer to where I just called ABD directly. However, MS did offer to call ABD and then call me back.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
heidibilotti
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 278

Just booked the July 3 trip can't wait to see the what we get to do. This is going to be a blast. Booked the extra night too
__________________
Heidi
heidibilotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidibilotti View Post
Just booked the July 3 trip can't wait to see the what we get to do. This is going to be a blast. Booked the extra night too

WooHoo! See you on the third!!!
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #30
Judyat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 313

Great to see another one for the July 3 start. See you and DisneyCruisin bright and early on the third. We also booked the night before.
Judyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: