Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #46
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valee View Post
With all that pampering, it sounds that an additional tip will definitely be indicated. I don't want to be gauche - can someone clue me in whether you leave cash on the table or add it to your receipt?

We're not seafood or fish eaters (We're the people who underwrite all the crab legs that everyone else is eating) so we weren't planning on going. Everyone's decriptions have me definitely leaning towards going now.
You may leave cash, or add it to the charge slip you sign at the end of the meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet View Post
Based on our experience in 2011, we were only allowed to book both cabins at the 75 day mark, even with having a Silver member in another cabin. It may have changed since then.
You will only be able to book your reservation at 90 days. At 75 days, you can make a reservation for the new cruisers. Don't worry, if you can't get the same time. Once onboard, go to where Palo reservations are being handled. They will switch everyone to whichever reservation you wish. It's easier to switch an already made reservation, than to make a new one once onboard.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #47
Lopear1
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Palo Booking Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet View Post
Based on our experience in 2011, we were only allowed to book both cabins at the 75 day mark, even with having a Silver member in another cabin. It may have changed since then.
Thank you so much!
We have not sailed on DCL since 2003, so online booking is new to me. DH and I were scheduled to sail in Nov 2011, but had to cancel last minute...long story!
I so appreciate your advice!
Lopear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #48
Lopear1
Earning My Ears

Palo Booking Tips

You will only be able to book your reservation at 90 days. At 75 days, you can make a reservation for the new cruisers. Don't worry, if you can't get the same time. Once onboard, go to where Palo reservations are being handled. They will switch everyone to whichever reservation you wish. It's easier to switch an already made reservation, than to make a new one once onboard.[/QUOTE]

Dear PrincessShmoo,

You are the Guru!!
I love your recommendation to make ours at 90 days and then try for theirs at 75 days. I will plan to share the news soon after that, as my dear friend is very astute, and will not miss seeing their reservation!! When we board, I will hotfoot it to wherever we can put the reservations together!

When we sailed on the Magic in 2003, there were no on-line reservations, and when we went to the desk onboard to make a reservation, there were none to be had. i'm hoping for better luck this trip!

Thanks again!
Lopear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopear1 View Post
You will only be able to book your reservation at 90 days. At 75 days, you can make a reservation for the new cruisers. Don't worry, if you can't get the same time. Once onboard, go to where Palo reservations are being handled. They will switch everyone to whichever reservation you wish. It's easier to switch an already made reservation, than to make a new one once onboard.
Dear PrincessShmoo,

You are the Guru!!
I love your recommendation to make ours at 90 days and then try for theirs at 75 days. I will plan to share the news soon after that, as my dear friend is very astute, and will not miss seeing their reservation!! When we board, I will hotfoot it to wherever we can put the reservations together!

When we sailed on the Magic in 2003, there were no on-line reservations, and when we went to the desk onboard to make a reservation, there were none to be had. i'm hoping for better luck this trip!

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

DCL holds back about 50% of available reservations for booking once onboard. As PP noted, even if you are unable to book a reservation for the others, you should be able to add them to your reservation once onboard. I've read very few reports where anyone who wanted to dine at Palo was unable to do so.

Good luck

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: