Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Palo brunch is offered only on sea days so it can be tricky to get a reservation. If you can't reserve a spot online, they do hold back half the ressies for on-board booking. As soon as you get on the ship, go to "dining changes" (the exact location will be listed in the Navigator, or you can ask a cast member) and make your reservations then.
Thank you! At least I can attempt at 90 days out now!
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #17
Centex
Earning My Ears

We booked at 75 days out for our 7 day out of Galveston this past Fall with no problem. We went on the third day and there were very few people there. Our waiter said they get busier later in the cruise.

Does anyone know if the selection is any greater later in the cruise? I honestly expected more after seeing some of the pictures on the boards.
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
chrisshell64
Earning My Ears

can't wait to do brunch

We sail a week from tomorrow & we have Brunch booked-will take plenty of pics
chrisshell64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
Wenawen
Earning My Ears

Is brunch better or dinner?
Wenawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #20
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

The Brunch and Dinner are wonderful - but DH and I do not recommend doing both meals on the same day. We had brunch about 11 and then were back for dinner about 7:30 - not enough time to digest the wonderful food.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #21
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first Palo brunch for our cruise in April. Wondering about timing. We are scheduled for 12:00. Would earlier be better? (We have 2nd dinner, so I figured we'd still be ready for dinner by then, but now I'm worried.)

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #22
SleepyDeb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy
Just booked our first Palo brunch for our cruise in April. Wondering about timing. We are scheduled for 12:00. Would earlier be better? (We have 2nd dinner, so I figured we'd still be ready for dinner by then, but now I'm worried.)
We did 10:00 because that's what we could get. We also had 2nd dinner. We needed a light lunch around 4:00
SleepyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #23
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyDeb View Post
We did 10:00 because that's what we could get. We also had 2nd dinner. We needed a light lunch around 4:00
Thanks! We should be fine then.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
We booked at 75 days out for our 7 day out of Galveston this past Fall with no problem. We went on the third day and there were very few people there. Our waiter said they get busier later in the cruise.

Does anyone know if the selection is any greater later in the cruise? I honestly expected more after seeing some of the pictures on the boards.
The selection is the same, I have had brunch on the Magic, Wonder, and Dream. All of them served the same items, although the desserts were smaller on the Dream. I did brunch twice on one sailing, it was the exact same on the last morning as it was on the second. I can not imagine what else you would want. There are so many choices and they are replenished often. The layout on the classic ships is different, tables are more spread out, and I totally missed the dessert table once, even though I had been before. I think maybe because I was stuffed! I realized I had missed it when we walked past it leaving.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #25
drischar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Palo brunch is offered only on sea days so it can be tricky to get a reservation.
Only on Sea Days? So for a 4 night Dream, brunch would only be offered once. We are first timers, so have latest online bookings. How good are our chances of getting a reservation?
drischar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #26
Mommy2Emmy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonkeygirl View Post
The Brunch and Dinner are wonderful - but DH and I do not recommend doing both meals on the same day. We had brunch about 11 and then were back for dinner about 7:30 - not enough time to digest the wonderful food.
I agree! And definitely don't eat much the day of the dinner! We snacked when we fed DD at around 5:30. Our reservation was at 7:30. It is a lot of food! There were dishes that we could only take a couple bites of, we were so full! Definitely a shame because everything was SO good! I did manage to stuff the entire chocolate souffle in, though!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #27
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drischar View Post
Only on Sea Days? So for a 4 night Dream, brunch would only be offered once. We are first timers, so have latest online bookings. How good are our chances of getting a reservation?
Anything is possible but when we went on our first cruise, we did not have an opportunity to go to the Palo brunch and we went for a 7 night cruise.

I did however get into a Palo dinner.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
lcpalmer
Earning My Ears

How much is Palo brunch? Can kids go? Do they offer it on the 3 day cruise?
lcpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcpalmer View Post
How much is Palo brunch? Can kids go? Do they offer it on the 3 day cruise?
Palo is an adult only venue (18 and up). Cost is $20. It's only offered on sea days, so no, not on a 3 night cruise.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
ptisme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drischar View Post
We are 47 days from our first cruise (also 4 day - can't wait!) and just booked our reservation for the brunch after reading such great things about it. We were not going to do either Palo or Remy because I didn't want to miss out on the MDR experience but after reading all the reviews on the boards, decided to do the brunch.
ptisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: