Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Dessert parties during Food and Wine?

I think there was already a post on this, if i can recall you are NOT allowed to have a dessert party at Epcot on Saturday evenings during F&W, correct? Does this rule stand for the opening weekend?

What days during F&W are you allowed to have a dessert party in Epcot?

If any past brides have had an Epcot dessert party during F&W, did you feel like you were crowded?

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I can't comment on the Saturday rule but I had mine Sunday night during opening weekend. We even had our friend run out during it and get us some craft beer (even though we had a bar...) from the stand.
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
pima416
Earning My Ears

We had our dessert party on a Friday night during F&W. We did it as a Welcome Party instead of after the wedding. It actually was forcasted to rain during ours so we were moved inside for the food part and brought outside (France Lower) for the fireworks. I felt that there was enough room. We had 60 people for ours.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
p2oh
Soon to be Wedding Planner!

We had ours opening weekend and could not do it on Saturday. We did it Sunday night and it was raining, our food was inside Norway, above the ride. They took us to the area behind the gift shop at the entrance to IS. It wasn't crowded that night, but I assume a lot of that had to do with the weather.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

We had our dessert party on the lower French island, Eau de France, on a Friday night during F&W. When I booked back in December of 2011, there was no rule about not booking on Saturdays, but that might have changed by now.

We had to walk from Morocco to France, but then the island was all ours, so not crowded at all. And walking through the park was actually super cool. People were applauding for us and yelling congratulations, it was awesome. I love attention, lol!!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
carolwoodpacific
Earning My Ears

You are correct. In 2013, you cannot have an Illuminations dessert party in Epcot on Saturday nights. This stands for all weekends of F&W.

Fridays and Saturdays are typically the busiest nights of F&W. I think if you will feel "crowded" or not largely depends on which venue you pick. Some venues are right on the promenade (Isola West) whereas others are more secluded (Lower Lochside UK).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: