Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #106
labfan
Mouseketeer

Great reviews. Hoping to make it to Kona sometime. So many places I want to try and not enough time. Both the tonga toast and the pancakes look great. I'll have to go twice to try them both.
labfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #107
TriniandBre
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your reviews...now I'm hungry lol.

Next Trip to the World October 21st 2014
First Disney Cruise October 25th 2014

==========================
2003 – POR Nov...............2010 - OKW/SSR Dec
2005 – POR Sept/Oct........2011 - All Stars Music Dec
2006 - BWV May/June.......2013 - AKV/BWV Dec
2008 - AKV Jul/Aug...........2014 - All Stars Sports Oct
TriniandBre is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #108
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I REALLY need to try Kona one of these days... although I would have a tough time picking between the Tonga Toast and the Macademia Pineapple Pancakes!

Everything looked very, very good.
Definately try Kona!! Its amazing -- I dont think you will be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
Great reviews. Hoping to make it to Kona sometime. So many places I want to try and not enough time. Both the tonga toast and the pancakes look great. I'll have to go twice to try them both.
Thank you! Kona is definately a good choice --- and going 2 times sounds perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniandBre View Post
I'm enjoying your reviews...now I'm hungry lol.
Thank you! Glad to hear you are enjoying them
Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #109
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

T-Rex, December 22, 130pm

On December 22, we had a 130pm ADR for T-Rex.

We checked in a few minutes early and were told our name would be called shortly. We waited...and waited...and waited. Finally about 2pm, Bo went up to the podium to check and see how much longer the wait would be. Come to find out they never put us down on the list after we checked in They seated us immeadiately.

We were seated in the Coral Reef room, which was pretty...AND probably the most quiet room (if there is such a thing at T-Rex).

Jennifer was our waitress...and boy was she spunky! She had a lot of energy.

Because of the loudness of the restraunt, you pretty much have to yell to place orders.

I apologize in advance for the coloring on these pictures. It is very difficult to take pictures in this restraunt at times due to the lighting.

For our appetizers, I ordered T-Rexadillas - Chicken, peppers, green onions, Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses grilled in flour tortillas and served with pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole. These were pretty much your standard type quesadillas that you would find at Chili's or Applebee's. Nothing terribly special or memorable about them.

Bo ordered Footprints Flatbread - Warm flatbread topped with cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan and goat cheese, rotisserie chicken and carmelized onions, drizzled with a balsamic glaze. This was very good. I had 2 pieces of this and really wished I had ordered this instead of my quesadillas.

Hunter ordered Pterosaur Wings - traditional style Buffalo Wings served with carrots, celery sticks, and Blue Cheese dressing. He thought they were a bit spicy. Bo & I both tried one, and we didnt think they had much heat at all.

Harper ordered Melalosaurus Mozzarella - Seared Mozzarella with creamy marinara and mozzarella fingers. She enjoyed these and ate them all.

For our entrees, I ordered Pork-asaurus Sandwich - smoke pulled pork simmered in BBQ sauce, served on a toasted bun with an onion ring and cole slaw. I subbed waffle fries because Jaxon wanted some french fries. Let me preface this by saying that I am from the South and I have had a lot of good BBQ in my life -- was I expecting that from T-Rex, of course not. This was just ok for me. It was very messy, and I had to eat it with a fork for the most part. The meat was a bit drier than my liking. The BBQ sauce was ok. I did not have any of the waffle fries.

Bo chose Pteradactyl Salad - Roasted chicken, mixed greens, celery, tomatoes, Bleu cheese crumbles, chopped egg and bacon. Tossed balsamic vinaigrette dressing. He ordered his without the egg as he does not eat eggs. He enjoyed this as a somewhat lighter lunch. He couldnt eat it all.

Hunter ordered Mega Mes-O-Bones - Tender, slow-roasted St.Louis Ribs, basted with BBQ sauce. Served with your choice of two of the following sides: garlic mashed potatoes, waffle fries, Raptor rice, baked beans, cinnamon apples, cole slaw or roasted vegetables. You had the option of ordering a full rack or half rack. Hunter ordered the half rack with fries and cinnamon apples. He enjoyed these, but they were very messy as to be expected. It was a lot of food and he came no where close to finishing. He ate a few fries and a few bites of the cinnamon apples.

Harper ordered Lava Tomato Basil Soup - garnished with Parmesan cheese. She enjoyed this and said it would be very good with a grilled cheese sandwich.

For both little boys we ordered Paleo Pizza - Cheese or pepperoni. We got cheese for both of them. They both had a few bites and then managed to fall asleep in the loud restraunt. The little bite I had, the sauce tasted kind of funky...dont know what it was.

None of us were hungry for dessert. Jennifer suggested the create your own smoothies and mentioned she could put them in a to-go cup. We decided we would do that.

I ordered a double banana smoothie. Bo ordered a strawberry banana smoothie. Hunter ordered a double strawberry smoothie. Harper ordered a banana chocolate sauce smoothie. No pictures, but we all enjoyed our smoothies throughout the afternoon while walking around Downtown Disney.

Since the little boys were still sleeping, Jennifer said she could get them Saber-tooth Sundae - A chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce (minus the ice cream and chocolate sauce) -- in other words, 2 chocolate chip cookies to go.

Our total meal cost not including automatic 18% gratuitiy was $181.00 - 6TS credits used

Would we return, maybe eventually. The kids enjoyed the atmosphere, but the food is no better than a standard Chili's or something similar.

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 02-09-2013 at 02:25 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #110
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Great reviews!! Thanks!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #111
pennyplanner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your family centered reviews.

Joining in!

--pennyplanner
pennyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #112
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
Great reviews!! Thanks!
Thank you so much for following along

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyplanner View Post
Thanks for your family centered reviews.

Joining in!

--pennyplanner
Welcome Glad you are enjoying the reviews
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #113
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Great reviews and nice variety of restaurants.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #114
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars View Post
Great reviews and nice variety of restaurants.
Thank you Another review coming up shortly.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #115
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In.

We're trying several of the places you have already reviewed (Coral Reef, H&V breakfast, LTT lunch and T-Rex) and I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the WCC dinner.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #116
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Joining In.

We're trying several of the places you have already reviewed (Coral Reef, H&V breakfast, LTT lunch and T-Rex) and I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the WCC dinner.
Welcome! I have a few more reviews until I get to WCC, but lets just say we will probably be making an ADR there for Oct
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #117
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti

Welcome! I have a few more reviews until I get to WCC, but lets just say we will probably be making an ADR there for Oct
Yay! This is on my list for upcoming trips as well, especially if we stay at WL on our possible August trip!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #118
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Yay! This is on my list for upcoming trips as well, especially if we stay at WL on our possible August trip!
WCC is so much fun! That review will be coming in the next few updates.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #119
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Yachtsman - Dec 22, 725pm

On December 22, we had a 725pm ADR for Yachtsman.

Bo & I were very excited about this ADR.

We arrived a few minutes before our ADR and waited about 20 min before being seated.

Bo asked our waiter for a wine recommendation. As per our waiters recommendation, we ordered a half bottle of Estancia Meritage Reserve, Paso Robles, 2008. We njoyed this wine. It was more of a medium body red wine (perfect since most full body red wines make me sneeze )

The bread basket was brought out. Those onion rolls are so delish!! Bo & I really enjoyed these.

For our appetizers, I ordered Lobster Bisque with Maine Lobster, Herbes de Provence Biscotti, and Roe Chantilly. This was good, nice flavor, large pieces of lobster.

Bo ordered Nantucket Bay Scallops "Chowda" Style, Oyster Crackers, Fennel, Capers, and Chorizo. Oh my goodness, this was SOOOOO good!! I actually fell in love with this and Bo traded with me!! The flavors were so good together. Yum!! Wish I had a bowl of this right now!!

Hunter ordered Caesar Salad Crisp Romaine, Parmigiano, Coppa Secco, and Focaccoa Croutons. He liked this for the most part. He doesnt really like his salad to be a wedge, so that was really his only complaint.

Harper ordered Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses - sourdough Baguette and seasonal accoutrements. She did not like any of the cheeses -- and was freaked out by the "goo in a jar". Bo & I tried a bite of a few of the cheese and enjoyed them.

For our entrees, Bo & I ordered the same thing. 12-oz Prime New York Strip Steak Carmody Potato Gratin and Peppercorn-Brandy sauce. We ordered ours medium, and they were both cooked to perfection. The steak had a nice flavor, tender, no fat. The potato gratin was superb!!

Hunter & Harper both ordered the same thing as well. 8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce. We ordered their steak medim-well. They both thought the steak was good as well as the mashed potoatoes, but neither could finish everything.

For the little boys, we ordered them macaroni and cheese since both are very picky about meats. They ate some of this, then began to get tired and Evan almost fell asleep at dinner.

Unfortunately, we were all too full to order dessert , but we did end up getting something later from Boardwalk Bakery when we got back to the hotel.

Total meal before tax & automatic 18% gratuity was approx $250 + $38 OOP for half bottle of wine. 12TS credits used.

Would we eat at Yachtsman again, absolutely! The meal was quite nice and the restraunt is beautiful. The kids were well behaved.

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 02-03-2013 at 04:30 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #120
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Snacks - Dec 21, 22

Snacks purchased December 21 & 22

December 21 at Magic Kingdom

Mickey red pants sugar cookie from Big Top Souvenirs (one each for Jaxon & Evan) - 2 snack credits

Bonus pic of one of the cases at Big Top Souvenirs

Later we were back in Fantasyland, and Harper wanted a Minnie marshmallow wand from Big Top Souvenirs & Hunter wanted a regular caramel apple. Paid OOP for both. No pic of caramel apple.

Image borrowed from Google

On December 22, after our dinner at Yachtsman, we decided to stop by Boardwalk Bakery before heading up to our room.

We purchased the following with snack credits.

Harper picked Oreo cupcake. She enjoyed this!!

Hunter picked a brownie. He said it was nice and moist.

Bo & I shared a cheesecake brownie. Oh my goodness, heaven on a plate!! This was so good, but super rich!! We ate a few bites and put it in the fridge and enjoyed it over the next few days.

For Jaxon & Evan, we got them Mickey muffins - one is banana chocolate chip, the other is blueberry. They enjoyed these and we purchased a couple more throughout the trip for them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: