Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #196
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I think we'll steer clear of the luau. My husband always wants to eat there so he can get beer with his meal! Not worth it to me!

Oh my goodness, the O'hana breakfast looks yummy! I can't wait to eat there in August!

I too would love a vacation that was long enough to eat my way through Disney! Maybe someday!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #197
PrincessTiannaLove
Earning My Ears

As you near the end, I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for sharing all your pictures, your family & your wonderful reviews with us. I enjoyed them so much & looked forward to every new installment. I appreciate all the work you put into it. Again, just awesome. Thanks! ! !
PrincessTiannaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #198
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful trip! Your reviews were fantastic and the pictures were really great. It looks like you had a really magical time!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : Grand Floridian !! YAY!
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #199
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Just found your great dining report.. Signing in for the last parts

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #200
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wow, I've just read your whole review during my lunch break
Great and detailed reviews, thanks so much for sharing
You've really helped me to narrow down some of our choices
Our trip isn't until December but it's never too early to plan right
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #201
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Great dining reveiw We are thinking about going for Christmas so it was very interesting to see which places you chose to eat at during that time. It gave me a lot of different ideas. Can't wait for the rest of your report.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #202
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

The little boys look like they enjoyed the pretzels. I love jalepeno and I love soft pretzels so why have I never bought a jalepeno pretzel? I need to fix that one of these days!

Your Tamu Tamu lunch looks like a really great CS option. Em is not such a fan of Flame Tree BBQ so I need an option that she might like. That looks like it!

They hand out cookies in the lobby?? Awesome! We have BWI booked in December so if they throw free cookies our way, sweet!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #203
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
I know exactly what you mean about the "mystery gel". We ate at Restaurantsaurus at AK and they have the same "cheesecake". I scooped that gel off and ate just the middle part - didn't really like the crumbs at the bottom either.
Ick...the "mystery gel". I dont know what in the world that is supposed to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Great looking snacks
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I think we'll steer clear of the luau. My husband always wants to eat there so he can get beer with his meal! Not worth it to me!

Oh my goodness, the O'hana breakfast looks yummy! I can't wait to eat there in August!

I too would love a vacation that was long enough to eat my way through Disney! Maybe someday!
Ohana breakfast was quite yummy! Hope you enjoy your ADR in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiannaLove View Post
As you near the end, I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for sharing all your pictures, your family & your wonderful reviews with us. I enjoyed them so much & looked forward to every new installment. I appreciate all the work you put into it. Again, just awesome. Thanks! ! !
Thank you so much for following along This was my first DR, so it has been fun to do. I appreciate your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful trip! Your reviews were fantastic and the pictures were really great. It looks like you had a really magical time!!!
Thank you so much for following along and the kind words. We truely did have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Just found your great dining report.. Signing in for the last parts
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wow, I've just read your whole review during my lunch break
Great and detailed reviews, thanks so much for sharing
You've really helped me to narrow down some of our choices
Our trip isn't until December but it's never too early to plan right
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the reviews and they have helped in narrowing down your choices for your Dec trip -- which I agree, its NEVER too early to plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Great dining reveiw We are thinking about going for Christmas so it was very interesting to see which places you chose to eat at during that time. It gave me a lot of different ideas. Can't wait for the rest of your report.
Thank you! Christmas was a beautiful time to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
The little boys look like they enjoyed the pretzels. I love jalepeno and I love soft pretzels so why have I never bought a jalepeno pretzel? I need to fix that one of these days!

Your Tamu Tamu lunch looks like a really great CS option. Em is not such a fan of Flame Tree BBQ so I need an option that she might like. That looks like it!

They hand out cookies in the lobby?? Awesome! We have BWI booked in December so if they throw free cookies our way, sweet!
The jalapeno pretzels are soooo good! Definately recommend you try one!!

Tamu Tamu was nice. We had never eaten there before, but the menu looked good and there was ample seating, so thats how we picked it.

I dont know how often they were handing out the cookies in the lobby at BW. I dont know if it was because it was Christmas Eve...or because Santa was meeting in the lobby But they were nice and soft cookies
Old 03-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #204
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

California Grill - Dec 27 - 725pm

Our final dinner at WDW was on December 27 at Caifornia Grill. We had a 725pm ADR and I was very excited about this one!

We arrived about 15 minutes before our ADR and checked in. We were immeadiately taken up to the 15th floor. We decided to head out to the observation deck while we waited so we could enjoy the beautiful view. After taking a few pictures, we headed back inside since it was getting chilly. We were seated just before 8pm.

We were brought out the bread. It was warm and soft and delicious!

For appetizers, we all had something different.

I ordered Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms, Basil. This was delicious! I really loved the flavors together.

Bo ordered Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad with Asian Pear, Red Onions, Soy Reduction, Wasabi Cream. He thought this was very good.

Hunter ordered Bacon Cheeseburger Flatbread with Wagyu Beef, Tillamook Cheddar, House-made Dill Pickles, Florida Tomato Ketchup. OMG, THIS WAS SOOOO GOOD!! Hunter loved this and was nice enough to share with Bo and I, and we both agreed this was amazing! I really hope this stays on the menu after the refurb.

Harper ordered Triple Cheese Flat Bread Pecorino, Asiago, and Provlone, Sun-dried Tomato, Arugula Pesto (hold the Sun Dried Tomato & Arugula Pesto). She really enjoyed this. Bo & I both tried a bite and while it was good, I would have liked to have tried it with the sun dried tomato and pesto.

For the little boys, they both had fresh fruit plate. What can I say, it was fruit...they love fruit.

For our entrees, Bo & I both ordered the same thing. Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Buttered Purple Stokes Purée, Citrus-glazed Carrots, Teriyaki Barbecue. Goodness, this was delish! The beef was cooked perfect...the puree...the carrots...it was all so perfect together! We had a nice glass of wine the waiter recommended once we picked our entree, and everything just balanced so well together.

Hunter & Harper both ordered the same thing. Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, Crispy Sage. They both enjoyed this, but couldnt eat everything after the appetizers. I tried a bite of Harpers and thought the pork tenderloin and polenta were very nice together.

Jaxon had House-made Whole-Wheat Pizza with Provolone Cheese. He loved this...until he fell asleep! It was actually very good for a kids pizza!

Evan had House-made Macaroni & Cheese. This was really good too. Evan enjoyed it...until he fell asleep.

For dessert, Bo & I ordered the same thing Bananas and Caramel Crispy Baked Phyllo Squares layered with Banana, Mascarpone Mousse, and Caramelized Banana. I LOVED this! I knew looking at the menu for several months, that this was what I wanted if it was on the menu...I am so glad it was. Bo really enjoyed this too.

Hunter ordered Warm Heirloom Apple Crisp (No Sugar Added) Chai ice Cream, Hippen Tuile, and Apple-Currant Compote. He thought this was really good, but was too full to enjoy more than a few bites.

Harper ordered Valrhona Chocolate Cake Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Center, Gianduja Ice Cream, and Frangelico Chocolate Sauce. She loves molten cake and this one did not disappoint.

The little boys were still sleeping, so we got their dessert boxed to go. Crisped Rice Sushi Plate. This picture was taken the next day and one of the pieces got attacked before the picture, so rest assured, the orange piece on the right did not look like that when we got it The presentation was super cute and the little boys loved it.

As we were finishing up dessert, Holiday Wishes was just about to start, so Hunter & I braved the chilly weather and watched from the observation deck, while Bo & Harper watched from our table and the little boys slept. Perfect way to spend our last evening at WDW.

Would we return to California Grill...ABSOLUTELY!!

12TS credits used

Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #205
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Your dinner at Cali Grill looks delicious

Is it wrong that a grown adult (me) wants to order the crisped rice sushi for dessert!!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #206
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Your dinner at Cali Grill looks delicious

Is it wrong that a grown adult (me) wants to order the crisped rice sushi for dessert!!
Thank you, we all really enjoyed CG! Cant wait to eat there again.

The little boys dessert was super cute! So creative how they put it together. I wouldnt mind trying it either
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #207
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Mmmm, I LOVED California Grill! What an excellent last dinner choice in the World!

Hunter's flatbread looks incredible. I may have to try it on a future visit (if it's still on the menu!). I can't wait to try the "new" California Grill!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 AM   #208
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Your meal at Cali Grill looks yummy! We are so bummed that it will not be open when we are there in August. We were looking forward to having our anniversary dinner there.

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #209
makclair
Earning My Ears

Subbing
makclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #210
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

California Grill is my favorite! If the cheese, pesto and sun dried tomato flatbread is on the menu after the refurb I highly recommend it! I'm in love with their filet and hoping that's on the menu as well. And the chocolate cake. Yum. My mouth is watering! CG is by far my favorite restaurant on property! (And the kids sushi dessert is just too cute! My oldest got that to go a few years ago and I though it was too cute!)

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: