Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #166
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Inkeepers Lounge - Dec 24 - 5pm

On December 24, we headed back to BW to let the kids swim before our dinner at Ohana, but since we hadnt eaten lunch, we decided to stop by the Inkeepers Lounge and enjoy some of the evening offerings.

My plate -- the crab rangoon was delicious! I went back and got 2 more! The kids loved the PB&J pinwheels.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #167
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Ohana - Dec 24, 815pm

On December 24, we had an 815pm ADR for Ohana.

We arrived about 8pm and checked in and were told at that time they were running at least 30 min behind.

About 830pm, Bo headed over to Tambu Lounge to get our Lapu Lapus and just as he was walking back, our pager went off. We were finally seated about 845pm.

Lapu Lapu -- YUMMY! Bo & I each had one.

Salad - Mixed Greens with Mango-Poppy Seed Dressing

Pineapple-Coconut Bread (delish!!) & hot towels

Pork Dumplings with Sweet-n-Sour Sauce & Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings. We enjoyed both of these very much.

Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce & Stir-fried Vegetables. We didnt eat a whole lot of this plate, but it was good.

Meats - Char-Sui Pork Loin, Marinated Sirloin Steak, Peel & eat shrimp, Oak Grilled Chicken. All very good.

Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode with Bananas Caramel Sauce - heaven on a plate! Love this dessert!!!

Dinner at Ohana was wonderful! A great way to spend Christmas Eve.

6 TS credits used.

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 03-12-2013 at 01:24 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #168
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Akershus - Dec 25, 8am

On Christmas morning, we had an 8am ADR for Akershus. We got to the IG entrance with plenty of time to spare, but at 745am they were going to allow us to enter -- and none of our KTTW cards were able to be read. There was now another family coming up, and none of theirs worked either. It took us forever to get through, but we finally got in and then headed over to Akershus. We arrived about 815am, but they were aware of the problems with KTTW cards this am, so there was no issue with us being late.

We were seated about 830am after having our picture taken with Belle.

My cold plate - strawberry yogurt, fruit, cherry danish, apple turnover

Warm plate - Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potato casserole. There were no Mickey waffles this morning

Hunter's birthday cupcake

Our Akershus meal was fine. The restraunt was quite empty, but everyone seemed really rushed. The princesses seemed to be rushing by everyones tables.

6 TS credits used.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #169
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

So glad to see an update!!

We have both 'Ohana and Akershus booked for our upcoming trip. I've never been to Akershus and booked it mainly for early entry to the WS and to try the cheesy potatoes and lingonberry muffins I have heard so much about!

Thanks for the wonderful reviews.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #170
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
So glad to see an update!!

We have both 'Ohana and Akershus booked for our upcoming trip. I've never been to Akershus and booked it mainly for early entry to the WS and to try the cheesy potatoes and lingonberry muffins I have heard so much about!

Thanks for the wonderful reviews.
We love Ohana!

Our Akershus ADR was originally pre-park opening, but then they changed the park hours to open at 8am, so we really didnt get to enjoy much of the WS since we were literally running to our ADR after our KTTW cards were not working -- or anyone elses for that matter.

Hope you have a great time at both of your ADRs!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #171
Emteach
DIS Veteran

On our last trip we were going to book Ohana since we were staying at the Polynesian but didn't end up, wish we would have, although it would have been for Breaky Glad to see another review... sorry to hear about your experience at Akershus, that stinks. When we were at Chef Mickeys we had a similar experience from our waitress but we just ignored lol
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your reviews.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #172
Courtnie1811
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="debrapagliasotti"]On December 24, we had an 815pm ADR for Ohana.

Meats - Char-Sui Pork Loin, Marinated Sirloin Steak, Peel & eat shrimp. All very good.

Did they not offer chicken? I have. Picky eater in our group. We may have to change this ADR.

Courtnie1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #173
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Mmmm, Ohana... that sounds like the best Christmas Eve ever! I do love those shrimp.

It's too bad you ran into problems with your KTTW cards! It's also too bad the princesses rushed by your table (I agree that the character meets there do tend to be speedy). Maybe they were trying to rush to compensate for all the late diners due to the entry issues?

Do they usually have Mickey waffles at Akershus? I don't remember having any there, but it's also possible that we missed them!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #174
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Thank you for this wonderful review! I've read all your posts to date and am looking forward to more. Subscribing.

I've made changes to our upcoming trip based on your experiences. Thank you for sharing!

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #175
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
On our last trip we were going to book Ohana since we were staying at the Polynesian but didn't end up, wish we would have, although it would have been for Breaky Glad to see another review... sorry to hear about your experience at Akershus, that stinks. When we were at Chef Mickeys we had a similar experience from our waitress but we just ignored lol
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your reviews.
We love Ohana! Dinner is our fave, but there is also a breakfast review coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnie1811 View Post

Did they not offer chicken? I have. Picky eater in our group. We may have to change this ADR.
They do have chicken...sorry, I completely left that out!! Its in my notes, but when I typed it all up, I left that out. So sorry! I hope you enjoy your Ohana ADR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Mmmm, Ohana... that sounds like the best Christmas Eve ever! I do love those shrimp.

It's too bad you ran into problems with your KTTW cards! It's also too bad the princesses rushed by your table (I agree that the character meets there do tend to be speedy). Maybe they were trying to rush to compensate for all the late diners due to the entry issues?

Do they usually have Mickey waffles at Akershus? I don't remember having any there, but it's also possible that we missed them!
The Mickey waffles are usually brought out, or you can ask for them if they dont bring them. We asked and they said they didnt have any

The KTTW issues...ugh! Glad it wasnt a problem anywhere else that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinginontario View Post
Thank you for this wonderful review! I've read all your posts to date and am looking forward to more. Subscribing.

I've made changes to our upcoming trip based on your experiences. Thank you for sharing!
So glad you are enjoying the reviews I hope you enjoy your ADRs on your upcoming trip.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #176
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier - Dec 25, 1pm

On Christmas day we had a lunch ADR at Le Cellier at 1pm.

We checked in a few minutes early, and were seated about 130pm.

Our waitress was Alice. She was very sweet and made several recommendations.

We were brought out the wonderful bread basket first. Those pretzel rolls are AMMMMMMAZING! So perfect!

For our appetizers -- Bo, Harper & I all ordered Canadian cheddar Cheese soup made with Moosehead Bear and "Neuske's" Smoked Bacon. The little boys also had a childrens size bowl. This soup is so increadibly good! Pair the soup with a pretzel roll -- sheer heaven! Harper declared this soup the best thing she ate of the entire trip Even the little boys enjoyed the soup.

Hunter ordered Tomato Salad with Pickled Onions, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Minus "8" Vinegar, and Micro Basil for his appetizer. He really enjoyed these flavors together and anything involving a tomato, he is all about it!

For our entrees, Bo and I each ordered Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon served with Wild Mushroom Risotto and Turffle Butter Sauce. OH MY GOODNESS!! This was so perfect! The meat was so tender that there was no need for a knife. The risotto was cooked perfectly.

Hunter ordered Le Cellier House Burger Roasted Mushrooms, Smoked Bacon, Maple Barbecue, Black Diamond Cheddar, crispy Onions, and French Fries. He said this burger was awesome and cooked perfectly.

Harper ordered Grilled Pork Chop Baked Cheddar Cheese Pasta, Tomato Chutney, and Bourbon-Chipotle Glaze. She was very full after the soup and pretzel rolls, but she did eat some of this and enjoyed what she ate.

We ordered the little boys Elbow Pasta with marinara. They ate this for the most part, but they too had filled up on bread and soup

For dessert, Bo and I each ordered Cheesecake with White Chocolate and fresh Seasonal Berries on a Citrus Shortbread Cookie. This was so good! Perfect ending to a wonderful meal. Bo really enjoyed this too.

Hunter ordered the Seasonal sorbet (Peppermint). He said this was really good.

Harper ordered Chocolate Moose. She loved this and declared it her favorite dessert of the entire trip! The presentation is so cute.

The little boys both had ice cream sundaes, but I do not have a picture of those.

Total before automatic 18% gratuity, $185.33 - 6TS credits used

Would we return to Le Cellier?? ABOSULTELY!! We are hoping we can get an ADR for our short Oct trip.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #177
TNS_Tinkerbell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
On December 22, we had a 725pm ADR for Yachtsman.

Bo & I were very excited about this ADR.

We arrived a few minutes before our ADR and waited about 20 min before being seated.

Bo asked our waiter for a wine recommendation. As per our waiters recommendation, we ordered a half bottle of Estancia Meritage Reserve, Paso Robles, 2008. We njoyed this wine. It was more of a medium body red wine (perfect since most full body red wines make me sneeze )

The bread basket was brought out. Those onion rolls are so delish!! Bo & I really enjoyed these.

For our appetizers, I ordered Lobster Bisque with Maine Lobster, Herbes de Provence Biscotti, and Roe Chantilly. This was good, nice flavor, large pieces of lobster.

Bo ordered Nantucket Bay Scallops "Chowda" Style, Oyster Crackers, Fennel, Capers, and Chorizo. Oh my goodness, this was SOOOOO good!! I actually fell in love with this and Bo traded with me!! The flavors were so good together. Yum!! Wish I had a bowl of this right now!!

Hunter ordered Caesar Salad Crisp Romaine, Parmigiano, Coppa Secco, and Focaccoa Croutons. He liked this for the most part. He doesnt really like his salad to be a wedge, so that was really his only complaint.

Harper ordered Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses - sourdough Baguette and seasonal accoutrements. She did not like any of the cheeses -- and was freaked out by the "goo in a jar". Bo & I tried a bite of a few of the cheese and enjoyed them.

For our entrees, Bo & I ordered the same thing. 12-oz Prime New York Strip Steak Carmody Potato Gratin and Peppercorn-Brandy sauce. We ordered ours medium, and they were both cooked to perfection. The steak had a nice flavor, tender, no fat. The potato gratin was superb!!

Hunter & Harper both ordered the same thing as well. 8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce. We ordered their steak medim-well. They both thought the steak was good as well as the mashed potoatoes, but neither could finish everything.

For the little boys, we ordered them macaroni and cheese since both are very picky about meats. They ate some of this, then began to get tired and Evan almost fell asleep at dinner.

Unfortunately, we were all too full to order dessert , but we did end up getting something later from Boardwalk Bakery when we got back to the hotel.

Total meal before tax & automatic 18% gratuity was approx $250 + $38 OOP for half bottle of wine. 12TS credits used.

Would we eat at Yachtsman again, absolutely! The meal was quite nice and the restraunt is beautiful. The kids were well behaved.
After reading your review, I changed my rez to the Yatchsman! Thank you for posting! Looks amazing!

WDW Trip: August 2015,August 2014
Disneyland Trips: June 2013, December 2012, February 2012, August 2010, August 2009, October 2005, December 1998, October 1990
TNS_Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #178
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Tutto Italia - Dec 25, 8pm

On Christmas evening, we had an 8pm dinner ADR for Tutto Italia.

We chose this restraunt since Bo is Italian and we thought it would be fun to have a big Italian dinner.

We checked in about 20 minutes early for our ADR and were seated a few minutes before 8pm.

Vincenzo was our waiter and he was SUPERB!!

Shortly after being seated, we were brought out the delicious bread.

Bo and I each ordered a glass of 300 Querceto based on Vincenzo's recommendation. Very good.

For our appetizers, we had 2 orders of Tortino di Zucchine Baked zucchini, pomodoro, mozzarella, Parmesan. This was delicious! Everyone enjoyed this very much. The zucchini was perfect.

The little boys both had seasonal fruit cocktail. The love fruit, so this was perfect for them.

For my entree, I ordered Cannelloni al Forno Baked cannelloni pasta, spinach, ricotta, bechamel, parmesan cheese. This was really good! It was a large portion and I ate almost all of it. I would definately order this again.

Bo and Harper both ordered Lasagna alla Bolognese Traditional preparation with Emilia-Romagna beef sauce, bechamel, Parmesan. They both enjoyed this very much. Bo finished all of his, and Harper came very close to finishing.

Hunter ordered Spaghetti Beef and veal meatballs, pomodoro sauce. Hunter loves spaghetti and meatballs and this was no exception. He said the meatballs were flavored nicely.

The little boys both had mozzarella sticks for their entree. They enjoyed these, but Evan fell asleep during this part of the meal and didnt finish.

For my dessert I ordered Torta ricotta Sheep’s milk Ricotta, Savoiardi biscuits served with strawberry salad. Oh my goodness, this was so good!!!! The flavors were very nice and light.

Bo ordered Mocha Tiramisu Mascarpone cream, espresso, Savoiardi biscuits, chocolate. He said this was very good.

Hunter ordered vanilla gelati (no picture), and he was also presented a birthday cupcake.

Harper ordered chocolate gelati. She loves chocolate, so this was perfect for her!

Evan was still asleep, so Jaxon had vanilla gelati for dessert which he loved.

6TS credits used.

Would we return to Tutto Italia? Yes! We very much enoyed our dinner here. The restraunt is very pretty and it was a nice way to spend Christmas dinner.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #179
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNS_Tinkerbell View Post
After reading your review, I changed my rez to the Yatchsman! Thank you for posting! Looks amazing!
Oh I hope you love YS as much as we did!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #180
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Great reviews as always! My only problem is wanting to eat at almost all the places you review! So many restaurants, so little time!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: