Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #151
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Debra! Your review of WCC is the first that I have seen since any menu changes. Didn't know you selected your meats but that's cool. I'm a fan of BBQ stuff and cornbread. Even though the cornbread was a bit dry do they give you enough butter to slather on it to compensate? It looks like a great family meal option.

As for Y&Y, I was so excited to read your review since Em and I will be there soon. I've not ordered an entree so I'm still undecided. Your review didn't make it any easier by the way! Glad to see the wontons were enjoyed but that mango pie is making me think we may need to try that as well. So many choices.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #152
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
We ditched our plans to do dinner at WCC when they switched the menu (we're going to do breakfast instead) but your review makes me think we might have made the wrong choice!

How spicy was the chili wings appetizer at Yak and Yeti? They look super yummy but I'm not too good with heat.
WCC was so fun! I was worried about the menu change too and everyone being "forced" to order the platter for dinner. All in all it worked out quite nice. There was a lot of food and you could try the other meats as well if you wanted after you ordered your initial 3.

The wings at Y&Y had a little spice to them -- its hard for me to gauge really because I do eat quite a bit of spice, but my older kids said they were a little spicy. Sorry, I dont think I helped at all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
More than your wonderful reviews, detailed costs what I love most?
I absolutely love that you are raising children who are adventurous eaters
Kudos to you for providing an atmosphere that has obviously encouraged your children to try new things rather than say 'EWWW'
Thank you! I tried to include the cost if I still had that particular receipt. Several of them I had the "zeroed out" receipt after using the dining plan.

We really try to show the kids different foods and different cultures -- we want them to be exposed to the stuff early on in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemoLostDori View Post
I am loving your reviews! I've added so many restaurants to my list since reading this.
Thank you I tend to do the same thing when I read dining reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Debra! Your review of WCC is the first that I have seen since any menu changes. Didn't know you selected your meats but that's cool. I'm a fan of BBQ stuff and cornbread. Even though the cornbread was a bit dry do they give you enough butter to slather on it to compensate? It looks like a great family meal option.

As for Y&Y, I was so excited to read your review since Em and I will be there soon. I've not ordered an entree so I'm still undecided. Your review didn't make it any easier by the way! Glad to see the wontons were enjoyed but that mango pie is making me think we may need to try that as well. So many choices.
Hi Brenda!

Yes, ever since the menu change you get to pick 3 different meats and then they just bring everything else out on the platter. I love BBQ too -- this was by no means anywhere near the top of the list for BBQ, it was still a good, solid option for a fun family meal. They did bring out several things of butter for the cornbread.

Ahhhh...Y&Y We were all happy with our entrees (well, everyone who ordered off the adult menu anyways ). I really enjoyed my entree, but then again, I love shrimp. The mango dessert was very nice, but like I said, I just cant NOT order my wontons!

Cant wait to see what live updates you and Emmy send in during your trip! Excited to hear your Jiko review
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #153
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Subbing to drool !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #154
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Subbing to drool !!!!
Welcome!! Glad to have you following along.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #155
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Cinderella's Royal Table - Dec 24 - 935am

On Christmas Eve morning, we had a 935am ADR for CRT -- I mean really, what better way to spend Christmas Eve morning than in Cinderella's castle??!!

We checked in at 925am and were immeadiately brought in for our pictures with Cinderella and were seated as soon as we were done.

We placed our orders and were brought a large pastry platter with bisquits, danishes, cinnamon rolls, breakfast bread, strawberries. Everything was very fresh and delicious!

For my entree, I ordered Lobster and Crab Crepes - warm cheese-filled crepes topped with spinach, sauteed lobster, and blue crab meat with a poached egg perched on top and draped in Hollandaise sauce. I had my eye on this entree for several months, and boy did it NOT disappoint! This was really good. Everything went so well together.

Bo does not eat eggs, so he ordered Cream Cheese-stuffed French Toast - drizzled with Cognac chocolate ganache served with bacon and fresh fruit. He was worried this would be very rich, and while it was rich, it wasnt overwhelming. I will mention he asked for just a light drizzle of the chocolate ganache. He enjoyed this.

Hunter & Harper both ordered Traditional Breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and rosemary-lemon roasted potatoes. They enjoyed this as well. Harper was beyond distracted with the princesses, so she didnt eat everything, but Hunter did.

Jaxon & Evan both had Scrambled eggs, French toast sticks, and a choice of sausage or bacon. We ordered both with bacon, which Bo ate. The boys ate the French toast sticks, but didnt eat the eggs. I think they were full from the pastries to be honest.

Bo had coffee, while the rest of us had OJ.

I do not have the receipt with the total, but the receipt I did have was for our Dining Plan -- it shows we were charged 6 TS credits. I think this must have been an error on our waitresses part because I know CRT is 2 TS credits per person. Because of this error, we ended up with 6 extra credits at the end of our trip that remained unused.

Would we go back to CRT?? Well of course! How often does one dine in a castle??!!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #156
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

We have reservations at CRT for dinner in August and I can't wait! My husband insisted on the DxDP and I said my condition on that was that we ate at one princess meal. Being the only girl in the family I have to finagle them somehow! I can't wait!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #157
SAT887
DIS Veteran

We loved CRT for dinner it was a great. Breakfast lobster crepes?? Yeah we will definitely try breakfast with items like that!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #158
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We have reservations at CRT for dinner in August and I can't wait! My husband insisted on the DxDP and I said my condition on that was that we ate at one princess meal. Being the only girl in the family I have to finagle them somehow! I can't wait!
Oh I hope you love CRT!! It is such a beautiful restraunt, and such a neat experience to eat in the castle -- really like a fairy tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
We loved CRT for dinner it was a great. Breakfast lobster crepes?? Yeah we will definitely try breakfast with items like that!
Those crepes were AWESOME! Definately recommend CRT for bkfst
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #159
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Mmmmm.... I would have a hard time choosing between the Lobster and Crab Crepes and the Stuffed French Toast! Both of them looked fantastic!

That's an excellent start to Christmas Eve morning!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #160
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

That Lobster Crepe dish looks wonderful !!! I don't think I realized you picked from a menu I thought it was family style !!! This is awesome !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #161
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Mmmmm.... I would have a hard time choosing between the Lobster and Crab Crepes and the Stuffed French Toast! Both of them looked fantastic!

That's an excellent start to Christmas Eve morning!
I can attest to the crepe being a wonderful option, and DH seemed to really enjoy the French toast -- so I think those are 2 winners at CRT brkfst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That Lobster Crepe dish looks wonderful !!! I don't think I realized you picked from a menu I thought it was family style !!! This is awesome !!!
The crepe was so delish! I would be happy to order that dish again.

Yes, all the entrees at CRT are ordered off the menu, then you also get the pastry platter before entrees come out -- quite nice!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #162
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

That seafood crepe looks wonderful and right up my alley! We are looking for one last breakfast for our coming trip and maybe CRT is it! I'm just sure I'd love that crepe. Thanks for sharing and great pics!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #163
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
That seafood crepe looks wonderful and right up my alley! We are looking for one last breakfast for our coming trip and maybe CRT is it! I'm just sure I'd love that crepe. Thanks for sharing and great pics!
Thank you I think CRT would be a great addition for your trip! The crepe is delish!!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #164
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

that lobster crepe is exactly what I'm ordering when we go!!! It looks even better in person (picture) than the decription on the menu!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #165
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
that lobster crepe is exactly what I'm ordering when we go!!! It looks even better in person (picture) than the decription on the menu!!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: