Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #136
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
On December 23, we had an 815am ADR at Tusker House. This was our first time for breakfast at TH. We had eaten lunch here a few years ago.

We checked in for our ADR and were quickly sent back for our picture with Donald Duck. We were seated as soon as we were done -- maybe 15 min total.

I do not have buffet pictures, but I do have pictures of a few of our plates.

My plate consisted of Mickey waffles, Ham and cheese fritatta, bacon, strawberry yogurt, mealie pap, warm banana-cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla sauce. I was happy with everything on my plate, but nothing can compare to the bread pudding. YUM!!

Hunter was apparantly trying every pastry they had

Jaxon & Evan had similar plates muffin, waffle, dry cereal, fruit

TH is a fun way to start the morning at AK. Our server Eric was very pleasant and made sure we always knew when the characters were coming

we REALLY enjoyed Tuskar! My fave breakfast buffet on so far. Kona is my fave overall breakfast, but we really liked this buffet. And the Juice is great.
Character interaction was good too.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #137
Emteach
DIS Veteran

We were going to have breakfast at TH but opted for Chef Mickeys. TH looks yummy and have heard it is lots of fun

My brother is 7 and his plate looked just like Hunter's! He is all of 44 lbs. and under 4' but can eat like a large group of grown men

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #138
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
we REALLY enjoyed Tuskar! My fave breakfast buffet on so far. Kona is my fave overall breakfast, but we really liked this buffet. And the Juice is great.
Character interaction was good too.
TH is great! I think I enjoyed it for bkfst better than lunch. The juice is yummy!! Totally agree about that And yes, awesome character interaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
We were going to have breakfast at TH but opted for Chef Mickeys. TH looks yummy and have heard it is lots of fun

My brother is 7 and his plate looked just like Hunter's! He is all of 44 lbs. and under 4' but can eat like a large group of grown men
We decided on TH bkfst since we did CM dinner. If you get a chance to do TH bkfst, definately do it!

I dont know where Hunter puts all this food??!! He has always been very tall and skinny. I sure couldnt eat all those pastries...too much sugar for me!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #139
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
You are not kidding about the bread pudding at TH......sooooo good!!!!
Yes...it...is!! I could so go for some of that right now!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #140
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Yak & Yeti - Dec 23 - 1pm

On Dec 23, we had a 1pm ADR for Yak & Yeti.

We checked in a couple minutes early and had to wait briefly. We were seated by 120pm and had a table upstairs where our waiter was Redouan. He was very prompt in coming to the table and taking drink orders.

For our appetizers, we ordered 2 different items that we all shared.

Thai Chili Chicken Wings - fried chicken wings tossed in a sweet Thai chili sauce, spicy Asian pickled cucumbers. Goodness, these were so good! Bo & I reallly liked these a lot -- we found ourselves moving that appetizer closer and closer to our end of the table to avoid having to share with the kids

We also shared Wok-Fried Green Beans - battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce. These were also very delish, however, I think I enjoyed those wings better!! The kids really enjoyed these as well.

For our entrees, I ordered Tempura Shrimp - chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir fried vegetables. This was very good! I ate all the shrimp, all the rice and most of the vegetables.

Bo ordered Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce. He really enjoyed this. He liked the shrimp and said the steak was good as well and had a good char to it.

Hunter & Harper both ordered the same thing Sweet and Sour Chicken - Tempura chicken or pork, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, pineapple. They both enjoyed the chicken, but didnt eat too much of the vegetables.

Jaxon had Mini burger with carrot sticks and applesauce. He didnt eat much of the burger (doesnt care for them much -- but there wasnt really any entree he would have eaten there), but he did eat the carrot sticks and applesauce.

Evan had Chicken tenders with carrot sticks and applesauce. He too did not eat much of the chicken (same as Jaxon, not really anything there he would eat), but he did eat the carrot sticks and applesauce.

Hunter & Harper were very full and did not want dessert, but I knew there was no way I could come to Y&Y and NOT get dessert, so Bo & I both ordered desserts.

I ordered Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle. This is true heaven on a plate. Absolutely delish!!

Bo ordered Mango Pie - shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream, raspberry sauce. This was very nicely flavored and I enjoyed it too, but I could never stray from the wontons!!

Jaxon & Evan both had kids sundaes, but I do not have pictures.

Our total before automatic 18% gratuity was $158.60 - 6TS credits used.

Would we eat here again?? ABOLUTELY!! I love Y&Y!!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #141
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Yak & Yeti looks so good! It's on our list of places to try...only problem with all these reviews I read its getting longer and longer!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #142
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Yak & Yeti looks so good! It's on our list of places to try...only problem with all these reviews I read its getting longer and longer!
Ha ha, I know how you feel about that list!! I still have so many places I want to get to that I havent tried yet. One day

But yes, Y&Y is delish in my opinion! Those wontons really are a little slice of heaven

Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #143
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti looks delicious! Shrimp and Sweet Chili Thai Sauce are my favourite combination! I didn't realize that they had chicken - we were considering going there on our trip (and based on those pictures and reviews, I wish we would have tried). Definitely on our to go list when we are able to get back to Disney!

Loving the reviews can't wait to read more!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #144
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Same here!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #145
JoshAndEvsMom
Mouseketeer

I finally had a chance to get caught up! I know you mentioned that your little boys eventually fell asleep at TRex but I was wondering how they did with the noise? In 2011 we went to Rain Forrest Cafe and Josh hated it but he says he really wants to go to TRex someday. The food looks great though!

Holy cow, I am drooling over those steak pics from Yachtsman and Y&Y. Both of those restaurants are on my Disney bucket list now! I think its fantastic that Disney gives families a chance to go out to a fancy place like Yachtsman but without the pressure of a "fancy place." KWIM? I hope we're ready to try a signature the next time we book a trip!
How DH Saved Mother's Day with a SURPRISE Trip to WDW! 2012 July PTR
JoshAndEvsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #146
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Yak and Yeti looks delicious! Shrimp and Sweet Chili Thai Sauce are my favourite combination! I didn't realize that they had chicken - we were considering going there on our trip (and based on those pictures and reviews, I wish we would have tried). Definitely on our to go list when we are able to get back to Disney!

Loving the reviews can't wait to read more!
Y&Y was delish! They do have several chicken options -- the sweet & sour ckn, a honey ckn and another 1 or maybe 2 more ckn options.

Definately recommend going there!

More reviews coming -- look for one early this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Same here!
And here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAndEvsMom View Post
I finally had a chance to get caught up! I know you mentioned that your little boys eventually fell asleep at TRex but I was wondering how they did with the noise? In 2011 we went to Rain Forrest Cafe and Josh hated it but he says he really wants to go to TRex someday. The food looks great though!

Holy cow, I am drooling over those steak pics from Yachtsman and Y&Y. Both of those restaurants are on my Disney bucket list now! I think its fantastic that Disney gives families a chance to go out to a fancy place like Yachtsman but without the pressure of a "fancy place." KWIM? I hope we're ready to try a signature the next time we book a trip!
The noise level was a bit loud, but then became even louder during the astroid storms (every 20 min or so). My boys can sleep through most anything at times

Yachtsman is so good! As much as I loved this meal, it ended up ranking 3rd for the trip. I have yet to review my top 2 meals I was worried about how the little boys would do at the signature restraunts, but they did so well.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #147
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Dec 23 - 615pm

On December 23, we had a 615pm ADR for WCC. We checked in about 615pm and were seated about 635pm. This was our first time at WCC. I didnt tell the kids anything about the restraunt, but I did fill in DH on the possible antics.

Our waitress was "Side Trac Sue". She was AWESOME!!!!! We placed our drink orders and upon returning she threw lots of straws at us -- I think at that point the kids knew this place would be fun

We ordered 1 appetizer for us to share Western Chips - buffalo chili, cheese dip, and fresh salsa. This was good and we finished it quickly!

We were also presented with a basket of cornbread. This was alright...a little dry for my taste, but ok overall.

We chose the meats that we wanted for our skillet platter - Kansas City style Smoked Pork Ribs, Herb-baked Chicken, Hand-carved Oak-roasted Beef Strip Loin.

The platter is also served with Seasonal Farm Fresh Vegetables, Herb-crusted Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cowboy-style Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob.

The corn, beans and potatoes were good and we enjoyed the different meats. Very happy with this platter.

Side Trac Sue was willing to bring us more of anything we needed -- including refills (this glass was gigantic!!) and for Harper who just wanted "a little more root beer"

Jaxon & Evan both had Multigrain Grill Cheese Dippers - served with carroteenies and sliced apples. They really enjoyed this and ate quite a bit.

The dessert platter was brought out Whispering Canyon Chocolate Cake, Jalapeno-Lime Cheesecake, Apple-Cranberry Buckle. I didnt care for the chocolate cake, but Harper ate some. The cheesecake was interesting, but I only had a couple bites. The apple-cranberry buckle was fine, but at this point we were all just sooo full that we really couldnt eat much more.

The little boys both had vanilla ice cream sundaes for dessert -- the loved them!

We enjoyed our meal at WCC. The older kids loved the antics of asking for ketchup and the drink refills. The little boys had fun with the pony races.

Would we return?? This is one of the few ADRs we are booking for October for our suprise trip for the kids. We know they will enjoy it again.

6TS credits used.

Last edited by debrapagliasotti; 02-15-2013 at 11:20 PM.
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #148
partyof2
Colette

We ditched our plans to do dinner at WCC when they switched the menu (we're going to do breakfast instead) but your review makes me think we might have made the wrong choice!

How spicy was the chili wings appetizer at Yak and Yeti? They look super yummy but I'm not too good with heat.
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

partyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #149
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

More than your wonderful reviews, detailed costs what I love most?
I absolutely love that you are raising children who are adventurous eaters
Kudos to you for providing an atmosphere that has obviously encouraged your children to try new things rather than say 'EWWW'

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #150
FoundNemoLostDori
Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?

I am loving your reviews! I've added so many restaurants to my list since reading this.

2009 Celebrating our 5th Anniversary and Hubby's 30th BD with the Mouse! 6/10/2009 - 6/19/2009
2011 All Star Music & First time at Caribbean Beach Club! 4/6/11-4/15/11
2012: TNT Goes To The Art Of Animation Resort!! 8/30/12-9/8/12
2014: A Mine Train Barrel Of Fun At ASM 5/16/2014 - 5/22/2014

DIS Tip: Easiest way to The Yeti's heart........
Offer her Mickey ears.....(yes, she's a fan too)
FoundNemoLostDori is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: