Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Advice for bidding on a room.....

Here is the scenario.... we are taking a budget trip to Disney in early March 2013. We bought the special deal PAP's and would like to make use of them as much as possible.

We have 4 nights in a Disney Value resort but we would like to add 2 nights to the start and 1 night at the end of this time in a cheaper place. We are thinking of total output each night of about $50. (including taxes, resort fees, and parking fees).

Do we dare just drive and check the FL coupons books to find a place? Do we bid on Priceline or Hotwire to find a place? I have never bid for a room before and the idea terrifies me A LOT!

I know years ago I looked into bidding and members here had it down to a fine art on how to bid to get certain resorts like Swan or Dolphin.

We are a party of 2 Adults and 1 child who is 2 years old. It is DD, me and DGD. We would like a place that offers some kind of breakfast with the room if possible.

If anyone can give us some advice on how to proceed then it would be much appreciated.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
kokomos
Mouseketeer

biddingfortravel and betterbidding are the sites that help you figure out how much to bid and possibly figure which hotel you are bidding on. Hotwire is actually pretty easy to narrow down what you are bidding on. Ive always gotten really nice hotels using both priceline and hotwire. Just stick to 3* and you should be fine.
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Thanks for your advice. I have been trying to search and read up on it all day. I think my old mind needs new brain cells!

I looked up the biddingfortravel site and poked around it a bit. I have never heard of betterbidding. I shall check it out tomorrow! Thanks a bunch!