Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #46
PhillyPhil
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

Carolynn, thank you for starting the new thread!

Awesome to see everyone signing up for the Disneyland races! Maybe I'll be able to get out there in a couple years since this year it would be a little tough to travel that far. Both Jack and Zoey have been sleeping about 7-8 straight hours at night so I've been able to get out early in the morning while they're still asleep for runs. I'm up to between like 12 & 16 miles per week so that's not so bad for having three kids two and under. I'm still thinking I'll be ready to start training for Goofy by the summer as long as my wife is cool with it!

We are taking our first "family of five" trip to WDW in June, staying at the Beach Club Villas. I guess it might be crazy to take two 8 month olds and a 2 1/2 year old but we have the DVC points to use so we're taking a trip with no expectations.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and recovering from all the Marathon weekend races! Have a great weekend!

Last edited by PhillyPhil; 01-26-2013 at 10:19 AM.
PhillyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #47
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Hey fellow Duckies! Did my 10 miles today. I ran, walked and jogged. Stopped to pee at the grocery store, LOL, and got a blister on one toe. It's okay, bring on the PHM. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Cindy

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #48
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
... Anyone else thinking of Goofy in 2015?
I'm not going to name names, but I predict at least 5 Ducks will be Goofy in 2015....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhil View Post
Hi Everyone!

Carolynn, thank you for starting the new thread!

Awesome to see everyone signing up for the Disneyland races! Maybe I'll be able to get out there in a couple years since this year it would be a little tough to travel that far. Both Jack and Zoey have been sleeping about 7-8 straight hours at night so I've been able to get out early in the morning while they're still asleep for runs. I'm up to between like 12 & 16 miles per week so that's not so bad for having three kids two and under. I'm still thinking I'll be ready to start training for Goofy by the summer as long as my wife is cool with it!

We are taking our first "family of five" trip to WDW in June, staying at the Beach Club Villas. I guess it might be crazy to take two 8 month olds and a 2 1/2 year old but we have the DVC points to use so we're taking a trip with no expectations.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and recovering from all the Marathon weekend races! Have a great weekend!
Hi Phil! That's great the babies are sleeping well and you're getting some running in!

How fun, your first whole family trip! Beach Club will be great for you guys...letting the little ones play in that sandy pool.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #49
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey fellow Duckies! Did my 10 miles today. I ran, walked and jogged. Stopped to pee at the grocery store, LOL, and got a blister on one toe. It's okay, bring on the PHM. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Cindy
WTG! Except the blister! PHM is coming up fast now, huh?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys

WTG! Except the blister! PHM is coming up fast now, huh?
It's all good. Band-aids are my best friends lately. Yes, it sure is.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #51
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

So, I did the Biggest Loser 10K today. And while it was fun I'm not sure I will be doing another Biggest Loser run event. First off it was in the middle of nowhere. They called it "Austin" but it was not in Austin. It was at some sports complex well outside of Austin. Ok, not a big deal, it meant an extra 30 minutes driving each way but my fault for not checking. (Although they did say Austin ) Well, it was also mixed terrain which I don't remember seeing anywhere on the website when I registered. Fine, whatever, lol. Well, what is a problem is the fact that the course was short!!! Impossible to know exactly how short but it was. My official time was 1:03:18. I do not run that fast. That is a 10:13 min/mile. Several people were talking about how good their time was and how surprised they were. I think the course was short .75 to a full mile. We did three different loops people were directed wrong at the last one. They had a 5K and 10K doing two different courses in the same place at the same time and it got too confusing or the volunteers. Very disappointing as I did have a really good pace going.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #52
AUdisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Hey Ducks! Hope everyone is doing well. Thought I needed to be a little more active on the board this year. I kind of took a extended vacation last year from running. This year has started a lot better. I'm back on a running schedule and am on week 3 of DDPYoga.

I have also lined up a few races:
April 27 Casey's Cause 10k
July Retro Run 5k
September 22 Talladega 21000 (Half)
November 2 Vulcan Run
10 Xterra Oak Mountain 10k (Trail Run)
January WDW Weekend (Unsure What race Half/Full, Both)

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of there weekend.

Tim
Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #53
airman
DisneyNerd

Hi everyone,
Welcome back to the Ducks that took some time off and great job to everyone that have done races the last 2 weeks.
Tim: You have a good list of races this year.
Liz: go ahead name names, once you write it down we have to be committed to it.

I ran for the first time today, did 5 miles at the indoor track. Things went good, still had a little pain on the outside side of my right foot, like the marathon. I will have to keep an eye on that.
I have signed up for 2 races, the Shamrocks and Shenanigans 5K on March 10th and the Chocolate Milk Martian Invasion of Races half marathon on April 13th. I will be signing up for more in the coming weeks.

So I booked a 3 day weekend to WDW for March 15-17. I will be checking in to Kidani Village and my parents are joining me for the weekend. They are spending 2 months in Lakeland FL to watch the Detroit Tigers spring training. I am looking forward to checking out this years Flower & Garden festival. I might have to try a Dole Whip with spiced rum.
When we came back from Aulani, DVC gave us 52 points back because of the construction on property. I didn't ask for it and the construction wasn't bad, but I will take them. I used those points for the new trip, used air miles for the flight and I have a premium annual pass, should be a cheap weekend for me (until I start buying more vinylmations).
Have a good week, Ducks!
It is snowing now, freezing rain later and 50's by Wednesday before it gets back to the low teens by the end of the week. I so need to move south.

Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #54
Maddykins06
Mouseketeer

Welcome Jennie, Cindy & Amanda!
You have joined an AMAZING group of people! But be careful, Liz can make you do GOOFY things.

I finally had a run after Marathon Weekend - a whopping 3 miles (and THAT was challenging!)
So excited for all of the Ducks doing DDD! Wish I was one of you, but I'll fess up...put me down for Goofy 2015 (even though I swore NEVER again...yeah, THAT lasted long).

Stay warm & safe everyone!

Maddykins06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #55
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
So, I did the Biggest Loser 10K today. And while it was fun I'm not sure I will be doing another Biggest Loser run event. First off it was in the middle of nowhere. They called it "Austin" but it was not in Austin. It was at some sports complex well outside of Austin. Ok, not a big deal, it meant an extra 30 minutes driving each way but my fault for not checking. (Although they did say Austin ) Well, it was also mixed terrain which I don't remember seeing anywhere on the website when I registered. Fine, whatever, lol. Well, what is a problem is the fact that the course was short!!! Impossible to know exactly how short but it was. My official time was 1:03:18. I do not run that fast. That is a 10:13 min/mile. Several people were talking about how good their time was and how surprised they were. I think the course was short .75 to a full mile. We did three different loops people were directed wrong at the last one. They had a 5K and 10K doing two different courses in the same place at the same time and it got too confusing or the volunteers. Very disappointing as I did have a really good pace going.
Yikes, sounds very disorganized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUdisneyDad View Post
Hey Ducks! Hope everyone is doing well. Thought I needed to be a little more active on the board this year. I kind of took a extended vacation last year from running. This year has started a lot better. I'm back on a running schedule and am on week 3 of DDPYoga.

I have also lined up a few races:
April 27 Casey's Cause 10k
July Retro Run 5k
September 22 Talladega 21000 (Half)
November 2 Vulcan Run
10 Xterra Oak Mountain 10k (Trail Run)
January WDW Weekend (Unsure What race Half/Full, Both)

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of there weekend.

Tim
Hi Tim! Way to get back to it.

What's DDPYoga? Disney Dining Plan Yoga??

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
... Liz: go ahead name names, once you write it down we have to be committed to it....
Won't name names, but I am certainly thinking them! heehee

Cool about the running the races and the March trip!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #56
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddykins06 View Post
You have joined an AMAZING group of people! But be careful, Liz can make you do GOOFY things.

I finally had a run after Marathon Weekend - a whopping 3 miles (and THAT was challenging!)
So excited for all of the Ducks doing DDD! Wish I was one of you, but I'll fess up...put me down for Goofy 2015 (even though I swore NEVER again...yeah, THAT lasted long).

lmbo...Karin seems to think I have magical, goofy-like powers...

Yippee 3 miles! You've got me beat! Lol!

We have a committer for Goofy 2015!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #57
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
I'm not going to name names, but I predict at least 5 Ducks will be Goofy in 2015....
Perhaps even sooner. Hmmm, do I do it now, or wait until the anniversary?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #58
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddykins06

Thanks for the warm welcome! 😀

Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #59
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
So I booked a 3 day weekend to WDW for March 15-17. I will be checking in to Kidani Village and my parents are joining me for the weekend. They are spending 2 months in Lakeland FL to watch the Detroit Tigers spring training. I am looking forward to checking out this years Flower & Garden festival. I might have to try a Dole Whip with spiced rum.

Joe
Maybe we'll run into you! I'll probably be doing ToT alone while I'm there because my oldest (who is the only thrill rider) doesn't want to do it.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #60
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Maybe we'll run into you! I'll probably be doing ToT alone while I'm there because my oldest (who is the only thrill rider) doesn't want to do it.
Nooooo!, you can't do the Duck drop by yourself. Maybe once they see how tough you are the boys will give it a try and find out it isn't that bad.
I will keep an eye out for you. If you find yourself at Epcot on the 16th, let me know we will be spending the day there.
Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: