Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Favorite Disney Experience?

What's your favorite Disney Experience?
Mine-well, my brother's, actually-he was chosen as king of the day at the Poly!

Last edited by disneyanney; 01-18-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
diskar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney
What's your favorite Disney Experience?
Mine-well, my brother's, actually-he was chosen as king of the day at the Poly!
That's so cool!! mine is probably during year if a million dreams getting the dream fast passes in magic kingdom and animal kingdom

diskar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

I heard about those-it sounded so cool!
I finally remembered MINE-my brothers and I were chosen to be the Chef's of the day at the Main Street bakery; we got to decorate mickey mouse rice crispy treats! We got hats and stuff.
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
risuhill
Earning My Ears

Hmmmm, mine would have to be when I got serenaded by the mariachi band in Epcot or when I got surprised with two fast passes at the same time. I've only been to WDW twice, so I don't have a ton of memories.

June 2002'-Offsite August 2012'-ASMu (My birthday!)
risuhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
xApril
DIS Veteran

Staying at the Art of Animation resort in a Lion King suite. I'd always dreamed of staying at a Disney resort, but since I live too close, it wasn't something that wasn't going to happen. My friend volunteered to stay with me so we split the price and it was such an amazing experience.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
BookPrincess
Earning My Ears

Mine would probably be getting to ride in the front of the monorail, and opening the World of Disney Store! Honestly, quite entertaining...
BookPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Memories <3

I have so many memories and more to come but I think the best one was when I was about 7 or 8 and my little brother was 5, and we went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, not for the first time, but we kept on saying "Not Scary! Not Scary!" and then when we went on a hill, and screamed, "NOT SCARY!" Everyone kept on staring at us and we were just little kids. HAHA! It was hilarious!

Another one was when it was a week b4 my 12th birthday, last year's vacation in 2011, we were getting some Fastpasses for our whole family (5 ppl) for Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom and we got five and then 10 more came out! Literally, TEN! And it was when you go on any ride you wanted at any time and the Disney Imagineer was so awesome cuz somehow she made extra come out and the last thing she said was, "Happy Birthday!"

We ended up riding Space Mountain about 6 times in one day! That was literally the BEST birthday ever! <3 GO DISNEY IMAGINEERS!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

One of my favorites came from my last trip. (long story, sorry)

So, I saw Brave last summer, and let's just be honest, I've been obsessed ever since. She's awesome at archery, kicks butt, does all the saving herself instead of being a damsel in distress (cough cough Snow White cough cough Aurora cough cough), and she doesn't get married and stays independant in the end. I love Merida! Remember, this is coming from a sixteen year old girl. I have this really curly hair that is most often in ringlets, so I dyed it red and got obsessed.

So when I learned we were going to Disney last December, I insisted that we had to go see Merida. For my birthday, I got a customized white t-shirt on it, with Merida on the front and underneath her "I Choose My Own Fate!" Neeedless to say I was excited.

I wore that shirt on our Magic Kingdom day. My family and I ran into the line to Merida's area, and since it was kinda short and in the morning, we decided to wait.

We were near the front of the line when they opened up the gate again and took in the next batch of people. I remember looking around at everything and thinking it was awesome. As we got closer, Mom started geting the clips out of my hair and my stuff. We got to the front of the line, and while Merida was with the little girl in front of me, the cast member came over to me, as my mom was getting the rest of my stuff. The cast member looked at me and told me to turn around, because I was going to be a surprise. So I turned around to hide my shirt.

The cast member walked over to Merida and told her that there was a special guest. The cast member got me and I turned around and walked over, grinning. Merida saw me, saw my shirt, and took me by the elbow and we started walking out of the place, off to go change our fates, talking along the way, and she even called me "princess" a lot.

We got to the exit, and there was a cast member there. She asked us "Where are you going?" Merida simply gestured to my shirt in reply. The cast member told us we had to go back, so we turned around and headed back, talking about how we were so close to escaping. "Maybe next time," I said, and she replied, "Yes, maybe next time."

So we got back up to the platfrm thingy and Merida started talking to the cast members about why didn't they set off a distraction or something. One of them told her that if she could've waited, there could've been a distraction. Suddenly this cannon shot type noise went off. "Like that?" someone asked, and Merida lamented that it hadn't come earlier. We chatted for a few more minutes, snapped some pictures with me and with the whole family, and then we said farewell, with Merida encouraging me to choose my own fate.

It was totally amazing.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

Fairywings I love ur story!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Pixiedust95
Earning My Ears

My family went during my 15th birthday and it was Epcot's 15th anniversary Food and Wine Festival so the number 15 was everywhere, it was nice.!

"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter." -Mad Hatter
Pixiedust95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
ambergem108
Earning My Ears

Two years ago, I had the best Disney trip ever!!! Although I go to Disney often, this was by far the best trip ever!!

My family and I stayed on the concierge floor at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The food there was so good! We could see a bunch of giraffes from our room! One morning, we took a a special sunrise safari tour of Animal Kingdom before it opened. I saw almost all of the animals there and even a cute baby monkey! After that, the tour ended with a huge buffet breakfast at Pizzafari and I got to talk with the tour guide who also took care of the animals there. Later that day, my brother and I rode Expedition Everest about 8 or 9 times. On our last time riding it, we were in the very back in the last row. We we going up the mountain and then we stopped. The whole ride was stopped and we had to wait 10 minutes before a cast member came and got all of us off the ride and we got to walk all of the way back to the entrance of the ride. My bro and I had a blast with the whole experience and were laughing the whole time.

The next day we went to Epcot, my favorite park. Do you know the building with the Journey with Figment ride that is connected to the Captain EO movie? It has a glass pyramid roof and inside of that area is an abandoned area from the early 90s!!! You know how at the exit of the Figment ride there are different activities to do like taking picture stations and other activities? Well back in the day when the original Figment ride was operating (apparently the original was awesomer than what it is now) it let out into a big massive room upstairs with the glass pyramids as the ceiling. It had a bunch of cool activities and even a rainbow tunnel!!!! You can see the stairs to it as you exit he gift shop area but it is roped off. I was so curious what was up those stairs! I did some research and I wanted so bad to go see what it looked like up there in that room. Of course it is closed off to the public but I HAD to go! So I begged my dad to go talk to a cast member to see if we could just sneak a peek at the room. After a few minutes of talking about how much i dreamed of going up to that room, my dad finally convinced a very nice cast member to let us just stand at the top of the stairs. I was the happiest person alive at the moment! I almost ran up the stairs! I stood at the top of the stairs and I was amazed how beautiful it was!!! You could see the beautiful blue sky all around because of all of the glass. I still can picture it all in my head and remember how awesome it was! Sadly we had to leave there. Later I saw the cast member being what I thought was reprimanded by another cast member and I felt bad. That guy made my whole year!!! (To see what it looks like, go to YouTube and search for something along the lines of 'the old imageworks' or 'rainbow tunnel')

The last day, we went to the Magic Kingdom. I went and saw the original Tiki Room for the first time ever because it used to be the horrid Tiki Room Under New Management. I loved it (don't judge! The songs were catchy!)! And to top it all off, when we went on the Blue Line and went through Space Mountain, all of the lights were on and we could see the whole roller coaster! This was most indefinably the most magical, ultimate trip for me.

Last edited by ambergem108; 01-28-2013 at 06:44 PM.
ambergem108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

ONE of mine is when I went to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique when I was younger and got to be a princess for a day and THEN we went to The American Adventure and we were picked as the Honored/Royal Family. That was definitely one I will never forget. That was very memorable. Disney magic is all around us, you just have to open your eyes better to see it.
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
disneyaddict101
Mouseketeer

Last time I went, it was before a Tink was officially at Magic Kingdom and inly a few people got to meet her. I met Tink, Silvermist, and Fawn! I was speechless! I cried so much! Haha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: