Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #16
seashell724
DIS Veteran

Ooo. I'd like to know how one of the posters drive went. I have thought if it but you would need a long vacation to do it.
seashell724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
CanadienneDisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Hi I am from Winnipeg and I have thought about using Allegiant from GF. Is it still cheaper even though you have to pay to park your vehicle? Did you take a bus to GF?
CanadienneDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #18
LitasTravelBuddy
Earning My Ears

Flying from GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienneDisneyfan View Post
Hi I am from Winnipeg and I have thought about using Allegiant from GF. Is it still cheaper even though you have to pay to park your vehicle? Did you take a bus to GF?
I've gone to Vegas with Allegiant through GF and it was fabulous. Parking is very reasonable. In our case it was well worth the savings. Check the GF Airport website.
LitasTravelBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #19
ariel68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmom29 View Post
Hi all! been to Disney World many times always flew,has anyone driven from Winnipeg,if so what were the pros and cons thanks.
We did the drive from MB March 2011. We anded up driving as far as Grand Forks the first night, til they closed the Highway on us, so we ended up storm stayed til the next afternoon. Wanted to make up time so I drove straight thru from there til we hit Orlando (wouldnt recommend this unless you have multiple drivers tho. I finally gave up the wheel in Nashvile and let my Mom take over for the rest of the way LOL). We really enjoyed the trip though. The savings were astronomical, even with fuel and hotel factored in. We planned on a full 3 day trip down, spent 5 days in Orlando, then 4 day Cruise, before we headed out on our 3 day drive back home.

Weather was a big factor for us, but other than that, depending on the time of year you plan to travel, no cons that I can think of

Last edited by ariel68; 02-02-2013 at 06:48 PM.
ariel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
seashell724
DIS Veteran

I know gas prices change all the time but can you mention what type if vehicle you drive and how much gas cost? Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell724 View Post
I know gas prices change all the time but can you mention what type if vehicle you drive and how much gas cost? Thanks!
Take a look at gasbuddy.com. It is a great site for finding out the current gas prices in different states/ different interstate routes.

It also has a calculator that shows your estimated gas usage/costs roundtrip when you enter your route, vehicle make and year.

It can also give you the names of cheap gas stops on your route at points where it estimates you will need a fill up.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
seashell724
DIS Veteran

Great website! Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
ariel68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell724 View Post
We drove down in our Chevy Malibu, averaging about 35 to 40 miles per gallon, and the round trip was approx 4500 miles. We spent less than $500.00 on fuel throughout our entire trip, including any side trips we took and the week of traveling in and around Orlando (we stayed just outside at a rental home in Davenport)
ariel68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: