Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
mymickeyfans
Mouseketeer

Regal Palms or Paradise Palms

Hi,
We are planning a trip to WDW this coming October. We went last year and stayed on property which we loved! This year there are a lot of family members joining us so to save $ we decided to stay off property. We are looking at Regal Palms and Paradise Palms. I know PP is closer and newer, but RP looks like it has a great pool with the lazy river and waterslide which the kids would love on non park days. Has anyone stayed at either of these? I'd love to hear pros and cons of both resorts.

Thank you,

Kirsten
DH-
DS(8)
DD(3.5)
mymickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
JeRmS
Mouseketeer

I used to stay at Regal Palms when it was a hidden little Gem, then more and more people found it and it became over crowded. The pool area is not very big and becomes very crowded. The lazy river is small and not really fun at all and the slide is small too.

I've never stayed at Paradise Palms, but if your looking for a location like those then check into Orange Lake Resort ... it's very close to Disney, has a great pool area called "River Island" and is decently priced.

River Island in Orange Lake has two regular waterslides, a giant lazy river and a minature golf course. They also have an additional area with a huge inflatable 40' Waterslide and a rock climbing wall, it's an extra cost but they have package deals available.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymickeyfans View Post
Hi,
We are planning a trip to WDW this coming October. We went last year and stayed on property which we loved! This year there are a lot of family members joining us so to save $ we decided to stay off property. We are looking at Regal Palms and Paradise Palms. I know PP is closer and newer, but RP looks like it has a great pool with the lazy river and waterslide which the kids would love on non park days. Has anyone stayed at either of these? I'd love to hear pros and cons of both resorts.

Thank you,

Kirsten
DH-
DS(8)
DD(3.5)
We stayed at Paradise Palms a couple weeks ago and really liked it, and plan on going again in June. The resort pool is really big and has waterfall and spray features, water slide, and there is a splash park/kiddie pool area too, and hot tubs. One of the hot tubs is kind of hidden in a cave, its nice. We really liked it. Part of why we decided to try PP was because our kids are so into the pools.

Our favorite resorts were Marriott Harbour Lake and Cypress Harbour but we just outgrew them as the kids got older. We also had family meet us last time and my mom is coming with us in June. I have not been to Regal Palms so can't directly compare the two resorts.
Ametista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
mymickeyfans
Mouseketeer

Thank you very much for your reply's. I'm going to look into those other resorts you both mentioned. I had a feeling the lazy river at Regal Palms might be small, but it was hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks again,
Kirsten
mymickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote