Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Muskegon78
Mouseketeer

TSM with a stroller

When heading there at RD, will we be forced to go a less direct way because of a stroller? I had heard there were some steps involved along the way. Also, where is stroller parking near the ride?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskegon78 View Post
When heading there at RD, will we be forced to go a less direct way because of a stroller? I had heard there were some steps involved along the way. Also, where is stroller parking near the ride?
There are steps but also a ramp. It you go towards the hat, go to the right -around the hat, take the ramp and TSM is pretty much right there. I think Stroller parking is across from the ride...

I would suggest if you have another adult with you, send them ahead so you don't get tied up in the crowd rushing to TSM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
There are steps but also a ramp. It you go towards the hat, go to the right -around the hat, take the ramp and TSM is pretty much right there. I think Stroller parking is across from the ride...

I would suggest if you have another adult with you, send them ahead so you don't get tied up in the crowd rushing to TSM
Stroller parking is just past the end of the ramp (on the left), before you get to the FP machines and the ride entrance (on the right). Don't miss it or you'll be a salmon swimming upstream, trying to get back to it through the crowd.

I agree that you should split up if you have two adults. My husband gets the FPs and I park the stroller and wrangle the kids, then we meet at the ride entrance.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Robo will probably show up with a map.. but TSM is behind Great Movie Ride. Literally, behind it.

So in the courtyard for GMR there's a hole in the wall that creates the courtyard.. and the courtyard is elevated a few feet.. so the left there's a wheelchair ramp and otherwise there's a few steps down to the pathway that goes to Pixar Place.

You can also hoof it quickly to go "around" the wall by way of the animation courtyard area to the right, but that's a less direct route.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Bing Maps Bird's Eye View of the Hole and Ramp:

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nqs...tudios%2C%20FL
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

In Aug when we were there, a CM was organizing the strollers right outside TSM. My son jumped out of the stroller and the CM encouraged us to roll the stroller to him while we were walking with the crowd to the entrance. My kids found it hilarious! They are very prepared.

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
luvs2travl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
bwang123

in december, the stroller parking was just past the fast pass machines on the right. just outside of the entrances. i walked to the fast pass machines just after the park opened, pulled our fast passes and by the time i was done, my wife was already unloading the kids.

we walked into a standby line that already said 45min (was actually 20) and used the fast pass later.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: