Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

5 minutes left until noon so Morning!

Not much on tap for today, all my chores are done so I am going to scrap this afternoon and enjoy pizza and a movie with DH tonight. Have a great weekend everyone!

Becky
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!
Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
Reddy
Scrapbooker

yeah!!! I"m home
the drinks are almost set up the way I like them - didn't finish since I got looking for ones that had exprired - not many but ones that really don't sell
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
bearbear
DIS Veteran

I'm making posters for the cookie booths tomorrow. If I can figure out how to post the pics I will. Used cricut to make little Girl Scouts. They really look cute

bearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
scrappinstevie
Mouseketeer

I finished my New England vacation album. 56 pages!!! Now I feel like I can move on with my life-I was stuck in 2010!!

Cleaning up my scrap space tonight and watching hockey--any hockey fans out there??
scrappinstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #20
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

I have had enough Algebra, so we decided to call it a night and I cracked open a bottle of wine. I have an email request into the teacher(she said she would monitor her email this weekend) to see if she will supply answers to the equations she sent home. It would really be helpful to this math challenged mom to know that we are coming up with the right answers to these problems so that I know Julia understands how to answer them correctly.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
scrappinstevie
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to read your child is struggling with Algebra. I totally sympathize as my son struggled so much in geometry last year to get a low C(he is in Algebra 2 this year and has an A)that we had to get a tutor three times a week-more if he had a test and even then, he failed tests.......part of the problem was he and the teacher did not communicate. When I asked her questions, she told me my son had to ask her--and even if he asked for help, she might not help him. What in the World??? I hope you get it worked out.
It was a learning experience for us, that is for sure.
scrappinstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #22
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
I have had enough Algebra, so we decided to call it a night and I cracked open a bottle of wine. I have an email request into the teacher(she said she would monitor her email this weekend) to see if she will supply answers to the equations she sent home. It would really be helpful to this math challenged mom to know that we are coming up with the right answers to these problems so that I know Julia understands how to answer them correctly.
hope you get the answers....I'll be getting Megan a tutor if she has issues with algebra...I totally didn't get it in middle school, know I wouldn't understand it now with my old, tired brain!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #23
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

I am totally frustrated right now. She took the exit exam for this semester and did not score a proficient. I thought that they would send home that test so we could figure out what she did wrong and go from there. Nope! It is school policy not to give students thier final exams. So instead we got a 29 question exit exam additional review, but no answers to go along with it. There are at least 2 questions so far that neither Julia nor I have any clue as how to approach even beginning to solve them. She has a B for the term, I just don't get this!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #24
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
OH no!! I hope she will send them.. is this Algebra I??? If you can scan them and email them I will take a look at them.. between DS, DH and myself we can figure it out...
Our teacher's use Algebra that works program... they send the answers home to the problems they do.. but NOT how to do them... then the grade is given based on the work showed and that you got the correct answer (if I remember correctly.. that was 4-5 years ago for the kids)...

at least you have some wine to calm your nerves!!
We never see the kids' tests or finals..and it frustrates me because I can help reveiw the problems with them..but what they found is the same tests were being used over again and the kids were selling the answers..

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
OH no!! I hope she will send them.. is this Algebra I??? If you can scan them and email them I will take a look at them.. between DS, DH and myself we can figure it out...
Our teacher's use Algebra that works program... they send the answers home to the problems they do.. but NOT how to do them... then the grade is given based on the work showed and that you got the correct answer (if I remember correctly.. that was 4-5 years ago for the kids)...

at least you have some wine to calm your nerves!!
We never see the kids' tests or finals..and it frustrates me because I can help reveiw the problems with them..but what they found is the same tests were being used over again and the kids were selling the answers..
Yes it is Algebra I. I am giving the teacher awhile to email me back, that seems fair as it is the weekend and she does have a life outside of work. I am trying to be fair and reasonable, but if Julia does not pass this exit exam she will either have to attend night school or summer school, which has her really stressed and freaked out.
Yes the same tests are given each year and that is why we do not get them, I am sort of okay with that, well at least I understand that they do not want to have to make up a new test every year. I just wish that the system in general would just understand that many of us parents do not use Algebra in everyday life or that the way they teach it is sooo different from what we learned. Would it be that difficult to provide us with the support we need as parents to help our children?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #26
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes it is Algebra I. I am giving the teacher awhile to email me back, that seems fair as it is the weekend and she does have a life outside of work. I am trying to be fair and reasonable, but if Julia does not pass this exit exam she will either have to attend night school or summer school, which has her really stressed and freaked out.
Yes the same tests are given each year and that is why we do not get them, I am sort of okay with that, well at least I understand that they do not want to have to make up a new test every year. I just wish that the system in general would just understand that many of us parents do not use Algebra in everyday life or that the way they teach it is sooo different from what we learned. Would it be that difficult to provide us with the support we need as parents to help our children?
Oh, I totally understand and know exactly what you are talking back... but if you need any help please let me know... I'm not a pro...but having had 4 through it already and one to go through it in the next few years, I'm willing to give it a go...

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
Oh, I totally understand and know exactly what you are talking back... but if you need any help please let me know... I'm not a pro...but having had 4 through it already and one to go through it in the next few years, I'm willing to give it a go...
Thanks Nan! I will keep that in mind, Josh is pretty good with math also and I know he is willing to help too!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #28
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Feel free to send some problems to me if you need help as well. Math was always my best subject and I tutored a number of teacher's children when I was working. And if I am not sure of it my brother who tutors college math and lives here would definitely be able to do it.

Rebecca
Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #29
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
Feel free to send some problems to me if you need help as well. Math was always my best subject and I tutored a number of teacher's children when I was working. And if I am not sure of it my brother who tutors college math and lives here would definitely be able to do it.

Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca! We got through about 10 problems last night that Julia is sure she has the correct answers and understands the concept. We are going to tackle some more of them today. Hopefully there are not many that we can't figure out.

I will definately keep you and Nan in mind if we get stuck.

I am so grateful to both of you for your support!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #30
Reddy
Scrapbooker

should we have a math challange instead of LO one??
I'm curious what the problems are?? could you post a couple
I'm wondering how my math is now (got an A in college in it)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: