Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

Reamy & Palo 3 Times in One Day?

I was thinking maybe I could plan the earliest possible Palo Brunch, and then a Remy Brunch as late as possible, followed by a dinner at Remy as late as possible on that same night. Is this doable? Not just in sheer amount of food but as far as making reservations.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

As far as making reservations I'd say yes.

As far as sheer amount of food? No chance in heck (for us).

We did Palo dinner at 6pm and then brunch at noon the next day on our sailing last week. We didn't eat anything in between but found it was just too indulgent to have them back to back.

We'll stick to one per sailing.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

I don't know if we can do it all in one day, but our first trip we ate at Palo every night and had Palo Dinner and Brunch in one day.

I know we can pull two in one day, Not so sure about 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
As far as making reservations I'd say yes.

As far as sheer amount of food? No chance in heck (for us).

We did Palo dinner at 6pm and then brunch at noon the next day on our sailing last week. We didn't eat anything in between but found it was just too indulgent to have them back to back.

We'll stick to one per sailing.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Curious why..
Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'd agree with the PP's that it wouldn't be wise to try to do that. We've done Remy brunch and dinner on the same day and decided that was a mistake. Both experiences were very good, its just that we would have appreciated it more if it was spread out. Check the review I wrote by clicking on the link in my Sig below.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Whether you could eat that much food in ine day is debatable, but I don't think you'd enjoy it as much at all. I would only I'd only do this on some weird bet!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Waste of money if you ask me. They are all fabulous eating venues. Why would you want to limit yourself at any one of them? And there is no way that you could possibly enjoy your money's worth by doing all three. You will be so full or afraid not to eat because you want to eat at the next gastonomical extravaganza

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
TheLanes
DIS Veteran

This person could be large enough to handle that much food, don't judge! Some people can eat 10 pizzas in a day, don't judge!

March 2007 - 11 night Mex Riviera- Celebrity Mercury
April 2009 - 3 night Baja Mexico - Carnival Elation
April 2010 - 4 night Baja Mexico - Carnival Elation
Feb 2012 - 7 night Mexican Riviera - Disney Wonder

Coming up: Oct 2015 - 5 night Baja Mexico - Disney Wonder

Disneyland: Dozens and dozens of trips!
TheLanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slzer0 View Post
Curious why..
Because I don't really want to skip Palo Brunch or Remy Brunch or Dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220 View Post
Waste of money if you ask me. They are all fabulous eating venues. Why would you want to limit yourself at any one of them?
Because with only 4 days to get it all in I don't really want to limit myself to missing one of those meals. Bad enough to have to skip over Palo Dinner, but I also want to see all the dining rooms. I thought I could treat the Palo Brunch as a kind of High Tea as I really miss having that option.

But maybe if I did Palo & Remy Brucnh on the same day (We only have one day at sea so to do it it would have to be the same day.) Dine in the MD that night then hit Remy for Dinner another night it might work better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLanes View Post
This person could be large enough to handle that much food, don't judge! Some people can eat 10 pizzas in a day, don't judge!
Not this fat chick. I'm fat but I can't do 3 pizzas in one day, much less 10.
Especially if I continue to lose weight. =)
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #10
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Having done all I'm just expressing that really you would then just sit at each restaurant really from the beginning if the day till the end and the experiences would suffer. No judgement on how much one can eat.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Sounds like you need to book another cruise so you can experience everything without being too stuffed to enjoy it.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

All that rich food? I admit, my stomach started seizing on me when I read the title of the thread!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Even I could not manage that. Dinner after the Early Palo Brunch sometimes is difficult. And not because of the volume (even though ...), The food is that rich!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

People keep talking about all the rich food, but that's never something I've really gotten. I've never had food that was "too rich". I mean I've eaten food that others has said overwhelmed them because it was rich - but I've never personally experienced that sensation. Maybe because of that I have no idea what rich has to do with the amount of food that can be consumed at one time.

For me the amount of food that can be consumed in a given period of time has always had everything to do with quantity.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just a (for lack of a better analogy) a blind girl trying to comprehend the color red.

And as I said, we have done the brunch and the dinner at Palo on the same night with no issues.

So I think our safe plan is to do Palo early as possible and treat it like a High Tea, which means limiting what we consume to some degree, then taking lunch at Remy as late as possible. Then we'll do Remy for Dinner on another night. That way there wont be any pressure to eat our fill at Dinner as it will be in the MD.

I don't know if I'll ever get to go on another Disney cruise as very soon we'll be moving to Arizona and I wont be able to afford to come to Port Canaveral anymore.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

I have not done any of these yet, but think I will limit myself to 1 brunch. I found myself not feeling well after our 1st day just from lunch in Cabanas and dinner in the MDR. I am not used to eating that much, or food that rich. I had to watch myself the rest of the trip, and not "clean my plate" to keep from over-doing it.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: