DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
kpea
Earning My Ears

Renting Points for Grand Californian?

Hi!

I am pretty new to DISboards and also to the concept of renting points to secure reservations at DVC locations, so I'm hoping you veterans could answer some of my silly questions.

My family and I were hoping to stay at the Grand Californian this April, and after doing some research I ended up on **************. Everything was going to work out great for a 4 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa until we waited 12 hours too long to secure the reservation and lost the availability.

Does anyone know another avenue we could take to rent points for this location? Or if it's possible to "rent" someone's already made reservation? (If that's even possible) Also I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me it's hopeless to look to rent only 3 months out.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
kpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

If there is no availability left, it isn't going to help to look for someone else to handle your rental. You are renting the reservation, not the points. Points are of no value to a non-member. They are just the basis used to price the reservation. There has to be space left to be reserved for an owner to rent a reservation.

If someone already has a reservation that meets your needs, you can certainly rent that if it is offered to you.

It is never hopeless until check in day, but most owners are not going to want to tie up points hoping a waitlist will come through. The Grand Californian DVC is quite small and it can be hard to get a reservation there. Sorry you aren't having much luck at the moment.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpea View Post
Hi!

I am pretty new to DISboards and also to the concept of renting points to secure reservations at DVC locations, so I'm hoping you veterans could answer some of my silly questions.

My family and I were hoping to stay at the Grand Californian this April, and after doing some research I ended up on **************. Everything was going to work out great for a 4 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa until we waited 12 hours too long to secure the reservation and lost the availability.

Does anyone know another avenue we could take to rent points for this location? Or if it's possible to "rent" someone's already made reservation? (If that's even possible) Also I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me it's hopeless to look to rent only 3 months out.

That resort is the smallest of all the DVC resorts. There probably isn't any availability left for April.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I had a waitlist for 1 night at VGC in September in a studio, it was about 3 months out. Never came through. We added a night to go to the first MNSSHP. We ended up moving to PPH on cash.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
kpea
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much everyone for the info! It looks like we are going to stay off property this time, and plan WAY ahead of time for the next trip after that!

Thanks again!
kpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpea View Post
Hi!

1st off to the Disboards..

2ndly. It is kinda close to arrival time for you but, stranger things have happened before..I'd say it's definetely not in your favor , but keep stalking the boards I'm sure something may just pop up.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote